Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

1 hour ago, NovaBusFan said:

Was it vibrating extremely hard or something like that? I rode a 10XX years ago and it was definitely in the same shape as #1065.

Vibrating extremely hard would be the (locally) preferred alternative here. I've been lifted out of my seat on more than one occasion from buses travelling at high speeds over that pavement. Personally, it's worse on artics, cause you have that knockback, for lack of better term, if you're sitting in the rear of the bus. It's not like going over rumble strips, the bus is basically taking a miniature speed bump at highway speeds.

For buses in worse shape (like 1065 apparently), I imagine it has to feel like the bus is falling apart.

16 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Vibrating extremely hard would be the (locally) preferred alternative here. I've been lifted out of my seat on more than one occasion from buses travelling at high speeds over that pavement. Personally, it's worse on artics, cause you have that knockback, for lack of better term, if you're sitting in the rear of the bus. It's not like going over rumble strips, the bus is basically taking a miniature speed bump at highway speeds.

For buses in worse shape (like 1065 apparently), I imagine it has to feel like the bus is falling apart.

Ye some buses go rocket mode when they hit high speeds. I had to hold on to the poles to prevent me from falling. I remember riding #1166 two years ago in the summer time and the bus had to run on the Dan Ryan because of some reroute, it was going 55 mph it was a little jumpy until it went up the ramp towards 95th where I got off at. Another issue is that there water was dripping from one of the light fixtures most likely because of the effects of the AC.

3 hours ago, NovaBusFan said:

Ye some buses go rocket mode when they hit high speeds. I had to hold on to the poles to prevent me from falling. I remember riding #1166 two years ago in the summer time and the bus had to run on the Dan Ryan because of some reroute, it was going 55 mph it was a little jumpy until it went up the ramp towards 95th where I got off at. Another issue is that there water was dripping from one of the light fixtures most likely because of the effects of the AC.

I rode 1166 back when the lockdown was still there that bus was fast the driver let it go fast but the sign inside was dead and the A/C was on i do not like loud A/C on the buses but that bus was good it was at FG at the time

5 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

I rode 1166 back when the lockdown was still there that bus was fast the driver let it go fast but the sign inside was dead and the A/C was on i do not like loud A/C on the buses but that bus was good it was at FG at the time

Yeah I like quietish AC but on the #5000s in the summer I love the sound of the AC propulsion.

7 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

1979 -2029 got different seating style then the rest bro

He meant the plastic seat  frames in 13-1400 and up vs the metal seat frames of 1000-1300. 1930-2029 have the plastic frames but the arrangement is longtitutional compared to the others.

1 hour ago, Sam92 said:

He meant the plastic seat  frames in 13-1400 and up vs the metal seat frames of 1000-1300. 1930-2029 have the plastic frames but the arrangement is longtitutional compared to the others.

Actually #1001-1303 have the metal seats. The original #1000 (2005 model) has both hard metal and plastic seats. The second #1000 (2006 model) & #1304-2029 have the standard plastic ones. 

1 hour ago, NovaBusFan said:

Actually #1001-1303 have the metal seats. The original #1000 (2005 model) has both hard metal and plastic seats. The second #1000 (2006 model) & #1304-2029 have the standard plastic ones. 

Some earlier flyers have the 1304+ seats in front and 1110 also has the normal 1304+ seats too. I'm currently riding 1439 and that's the bus with the same seats in the XE40's but in the wheelchair area only which is unique