Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

4 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

yea 74th never sent 1376 1378 and 1387 with 1377 and 1379 just like their keeping 1026-27 but their gonna be forced to send those busses out soon once they receive some #600’s just like C gave up 5 of their 1930’s

Gotcha

9 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

They've been there since the NP trade from earlier in the year. 

Aw ok.

Took a NB 4 to a NB 192 today. Both artics, both jammed to standing capacity. Along with being in the loop yesterday and actually seeing walking crowds during rush hour (not really a thing last summer obviously) is sort of weird. I saw crowded 135s and 136s yesterday too, artics as well. Inbound Orange Line was at standing capacity by Western.

Why does the NB 192 go the way it does? Never realized it used city streets, I thought it got back on LSD. I feel like that would be faster (or even the Dan Ryan).

14 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Took a NB 4 to a NB 192 today. Both artics, both jammed to standing capacity. Along with being in the loop yesterday and actually seeing walking crowds during rush hour (not really a thing last summer obviously) is sort of weird. I saw crowded 135s and 136s yesterday too, artics as well. Inbound Orange Line was at standing capacity by Western.

Why does the NB 192 go the way it does? Never realized it used city streets, I thought it got back on LSD. I feel like that would be faster (or even the Dan Ryan).

Yesterday I rode the Blue Line in the pm rush headed to Forest Park.   While better than the empty trains last year, it's not quite near 2019 levels. 

The 192 takes city streets for consistency in travel time.   The Dan Ryan gets backed up by 31st in pm rush and on Fridays has been backed up as far as Garfield.   While LSD doesn't back up that far, McCormick Place is usually the back up point.   Indiana and Michigan Ave flow pretty well although prepandemic, even Michigan Ave backed up near Roosevelt.   

Unlike the private carriers that ran the service prior, CTA added the Roosevelt VTA station to the route, which makes the Dan Ryan impractical to use.  Don't even consider the Chinatown feeder ramp which is known to be a parking lot.