Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

I think CTA needs to make better use of their part-time service marking on the map. As it's used now, it only denotes routes that run basically peak-only or peak-direction only, but it's not clear which is which. Other times, it's incorrect (for instance, the 24 actually has more trips going to 87th/Racine than trips to 79th/Perry). I think it should be expanded to include routes (or segments of routes) that run weekday only (or maybe a separate category needs to be added for that as well). While the back of the system map has more detailed info about the routes, a lay person looking at just the front wouldn't be able to tell the 7 doesn't run any less than the 126 or the 24 any less than the 29.

Routes that would be affected include the 7, 24, 31, 37, 86, 96, 156 & 157. The 30 & 43 also have significant portions of their routes that are weekday only.

Mon-Sat routes (55N, 59, 62H, 85A, 93) exist in a somewhat grey area under this proposal, but I feel it's safe to leave them as is.

3 hours ago, strictures said:

I called in yesterday to report 1819 that was on the 93 California/Dodge & blowing nothing but massive amounts of choking blue exhaust.  I sure hope that it's going for an engine rebuild.

This is starting to get more common about buses shooting blue or black smoke from the exhaust. #1484 just passed me now doing nothing but the same thing shooting blue exhaust when it accelerated westbound.

27 minutes ago, NovaBusFan said:

This is starting to get more common about buses shooting blue or black smoke from the exhaust. #1484 just passed me now doing nothing but the same thing shooting blue exhaust when it accelerated westbound.

#1975 was smoking pretty badly with blue smoke the other day on #74. Once the pride of the #1000's these buses seem to be slowly petering out!!

8 hours ago, strictures said:

I called in yesterday to report 1819 that was on the 93 California/Dodge & blowing nothing but massive amounts of choking blue exhaust.  I sure hope that it's going for an engine rebuild.

Cta knows what they buses are doing they dont care so what was the point of calling it in?

On 11/3/2021 at 4:00 PM, NewFlyerMCI said:

I think CTA needs to make better use of their part-time service marking on the map. As it's used now, it only denotes routes that run basically peak-only or peak-direction only, but it's not clear which is which. Other times, it's incorrect (for instance, the 24 actually has more trips going to 87th/Racine than trips to 79th/Perry). I think it should be expanded to include routes (or segments of routes) that run weekday only (or maybe a separate category needs to be added for that as well). While the back of the system map has more detailed info about the routes, a lay person looking at just the front wouldn't be able to tell the 7 doesn't run any less than the 126 or the 24 any less than the 29.

Routes that would be affected include the 7, 24, 31, 37, 86, 96, 156 & 157. The 30 & 43 also have significant portions of their routes that are weekday only.

Mon-Sat routes (55N, 59, 62H, 85A, 93) exist in a somewhat grey area under this proposal, but I feel it's safe to leave them as is.

Maybe do like Seattle. High frequency key routes get a thick line, low frequency support routes a thin line. Night routes of course get a separate color.