Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

7 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Maybe this explains the cars in 98th Yard.   The Blue and Orange Line murals more than likely will be on 2600 series cars.  The question is whether the Green Line will borrow a 2600 series consist or will they actually be a 5000 series consist with the murals?  The Orange and Blue Line serve the airports and the Green Line serves the United Center and McCormick Place. 

They’re using 5000s for the murals nothing is loaned

12 hours ago, Jackson232 said:

This would make perfect sense. And I think the green line will be borrowing 2600s because the photos on the website of the murals on the cars are on 2600 cars. So I bet the green line will barrow 2600 cars.

why the hell would the green line even use the 2600 just for a mural when they could just use the 5ks…?

6 hours ago, Policeman said:

why the hell would the green line even use the 2600 just for a mural when they could just use the 5ks…?

Because you can see the mural so much more clearly and it will look better. The 2600 don’t have any of the bump things on the outside. It’s much easier to see and will look better.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

It's so refreshing to not see a left-justified sign anymore. I can't wait till those go away

I thought I was tipping today when I seen a 6 bus with the 11 sign ain't the 11 a way up north route why it's coming out of 6 way outsouth instead of FG or NP that's closer 

More mass mayhem: 4 people killed in shooting on CTA Blue Line train to Forest Park. However, in an oddity, "Forest Park police were able to locate an offender through video surveillance. The Chicago Police Department then located a subject matching the description on a CTA Pink Line train, and the subject was taken into custody. Police say a firearm was recovered."

39 minutes ago, Busjack said:

More mass mayhem: 4 people killed in shooting on CTA Blue Line train to Forest Park. However, in an oddity, "Forest Park police were able to locate an offender through video surveillance. The Chicago Police Department then located a subject matching the description on a CTA Pink Line train, and the subject was taken into custody. Police say a firearm was recovered."

Forest Park is easily the worst suburban CTA rail station in the system.  There's always something going on there.   There's a masculine lady always selling single cigarettes and she will argue and fight with anyone else that tries to do the same.  There's always someone asking to get tapped on( pay for them to ride).  More often than not there's a canine unit there.  Think of a less crowded 95th Street Station.    I'm not surprised by this.

2 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Forest Park is easily the worst suburban CTA rail station in the system.  There's always something going on there.   There's a masculine lady always selling single cigarettes and she will argue and fight with anyone else that tries to do the same.  There's always someone asking to get tapped on( pay for them to ride).  More often than not there's a canine unit there.  Think of a less crowded 95th Street Station.    I'm not surprised by this.

Last, first, the various reports were that the shootings occurred in the train car, but the victims were discovered when the train stopped in the station.

On Forest Park itself, the mayor said they need outside help, because it is the only suburb with 2 major CTA terminals. However, I'm sure that 90% of the Harlem Green Line station is in Oak Park. But obviously, Forest Park can't handle the situation at the Blue Line station, but they seemed to do better than what CPD does (as I implied in my "oddity" comment).

28 minutes ago, sht6131 said:

Forest Park police were further busy as I passed the Harlem Blue Line station this afternoon.

Five police vehicles were outside with lights flashing.

5 p.m. news reports say trains not going west of Austin, with shuttle buses provided.

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

Last, first, the various reports were that the shootings occurred in the train car, but the victims were discovered when the train stopped in the station.

On Forest Park itself, the mayor said they need outside help, because it is the only suburb with 2 major CTA terminals. However, I'm sure that 90% of the Harlem Green Line station is in Oak Park. But obviously, Forest Park can't handle the situation at the Blue Line station, but they seemed to do better than what CPD does (as I implied in my "oddity" comment).

Forest Park has three stations,  Forest Park and Harlem on the Blue Line and the Harlem entrance to the Harlem station on the Green Line.  While the main entrance and the majoriry of the Green Line station is in Oak Park,  anything related to that station draws a response from the Forest Park police in addition to the Oak Park police .  I haven't personally seen River Forest Police participate in anything related to that station since it also borders Oak Park.  Interesting that the Oak Park Police outpost inside the station is hardly ever manned 

19 hours ago, Busjack said:

Apparently all of the victims were said to be asleep at the time they were shot, implying they are homeless people riding the trains all night long.  Apparently we won't know the name of the guy arrested until he's charged in court later this morning.

12 hours ago, strictures said:

Apparently all of the victims were said to be asleep at the time they were shot, implying they are homeless people riding the trains all night long.  Apparently we won't know the name of the guy arrested until he's charged in court later this morning.

Suspect charged with killing 4 in Blue Line shooting rampage — 'This is so f----- up,' aunt says. Reading the article, that's certainly the case.

Well Dorval Cater and that press conference appearance has aged like milk as another Shooting took place yesterday evening on the system at the Howard Terminal, An employee of the authority was shot in an apparent drive by shooting. 

https://abc7chicago.com/post/cta-worker-wounded-shooting-outside-howard-station-chicago-police-say/15266262/

22 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Well Dorval Cater and that press conference appearance has aged like milk as another Shooting took place yesterday evening on the system at the Howard Terminal, An employee of the authority was shot in an apparent drive by shooting. 

https://abc7chicago.ch sth stuff om/post/cta-worker-wounded-shooting-outside-howard-station-chicago-police-say/15266262/

There's too much stuff going on around there. in June, someone was killed; tere was a police chase near Juneway, and before that there was a gunfight at the community center that spilled over to the Popeye's at Damen

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Busjack said:

There's too much stuff going on around there. in June, someone was killed; tere was a police chase near Juneway, and before that there was a gunfight at the community center that spilled over to the Popeye's at Damen

Indeed, the gangs in the area have definitely been on shooting bonanza this year. 

54 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Indeed, the gangs in the area have definitely been on shooting bonanza this year. 

I try not to venture east of the train station at Howard and definitely not north of Howard east of the tracks.  That pocket from Howard to Janeway and from the tracks to Sheridan is especially bad.  Walking along Howard west if there hasn't been an issue for me, but I'm not willing to try my luck after dark Walking from the station to Ridge

hey everyone,

at Jefferson park I noticed the local bus routes such as 81W 68 85A and 88 seem to interline with one another, as in: when I'm at the station it seems theres a predictable pattern as to what a 81W will become upon discharging passengers. Does anyone know what the actual pattern is? thanks :)

17 minutes ago, 18thalek said:

hey everyone,

at Jefferson park I noticed the local bus routes such as 81W 68 85A and 88 seem to interline with one another, as in: when I'm at the station it seems theres a predictable pattern as to what a 81W will become upon discharging passengers. Does anyone know what the actual pattern is? thanks :)

@MALTDISNEY might be able to best answer that question.