Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

12 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Naw cuz yhe Madison & the Chicago buses still be late at I was late doing the 66 last week 16 mins to be exact

Well the 66 is using BAT lanes vs the Loop Link so those aren’t as heavily enforce/strict compared to Loop Link

1 hour ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I can't speak to Chicago, but there's a whole host of reasons a bus could be late in the loop, and no bus lane is fixing 16 mins behind schedule. All I can say is that for the J14, from OTC to Balbo, I spent more time on Michigan than I did on Washington.

Even doing the 60 ive been late by the time I got t UIC it dony really help much 

5 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Loop link now strict either which I myself be driving in it when I'm downtown I admit 

Yeah but compared to Chicago Ave it’s less. Loop link are BUS LANE bus lanes Chicago ave BAT lanes allow business access parking (hence the BA in BAT) so you’re more likely to deal with people picking up an Uber or a doordasher grabbing food and double parked 

2 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Yeah but compared to Chicago Ave it’s less. Loop link are BUS LANE bus lanes Chicago ave BAT lanes allow business access parking (hence the BA in BAT) so you’re more likely to deal with people picking up an Uber or a doordasher grabbing food and double parked 

Aw ok I see what you saying tho just that to me it dont work like how it does on paper & when you got a few other buses in front of you then you gotta go round them ?? or 1 driver wanna drive slow or sit there like it they be ahead when they just left the end of the line

34 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Aw ok I see what you saying tho just that to me it dont work like how it does on paper & when you got a few other buses in front of you then you gotta go round them ?? or 1 driver wanna drive slow or sit there like it they be ahead when they just left the end of the line

Trust me it’s irritating when ppl jsut wander in cause they never give enough time to hit the brakes. This one lady in the bike lane talkin about “it ain’t that serious” it woulda been serious if this bike hit you at 30 though ?

3 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Trust me it’s irritating when ppl jsut wander in cause they never give enough time to hit the brakes. This one lady in the bike lane talkin about “it ain’t that serious” it woulda been serious if this bike hit you at 30 though ?

He'll yea I be blowing the horn like i dont mind hitting y'all ass

1 hour ago, Shannoncvpi said:

He'll yea I be blowing the horn like i dont mind hitting y'all ass

I'm glad they got rid of the scooters dudes were all over the street. I had heck doin uber trying to navigate around them. I can only imagine how that would be in a bus.

Well Navy piers reopening this year with fireworks which means tourism might spike up a tad bit within safe means of course but now that means NP and K might need some artics back to possible help social distancing on the related routes if cta doesn’t completely do away with capacity limits by then. Gonna be real fun for the bus assignment guys next week on how to balance between essential route space and space for new crowds coming back 

53 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

Well Navy piers reopening this year with fireworks which means tourism might spike up a tad bit within safe means of course but now that means NP and K might need some artics back to possible help social distancing on the related routes if cta doesn’t completely do away with capacity limits by then. Gonna be real fun for the bus assignment guys next week on how to balance between essential route space and space for new crowds coming back 

Oh trust and believe me let the seas part and send all of these artics back to there respective garages from 77th, it's time to restore some type of normalcy as far as fleet management goes.