Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

6 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Hypothetically speaking if 2 people got to fighting on a bus & a driver kicked them off the bus to finish the gight on the street & drive off would that driver face any discipline hypothetically speaking

Well it depends on the circumstances but technically if you were able to get them off of the bus you should be alright. I remember maybe around 2013 or 2014 I was taking Ashland back home from HS and these two guys got into a verbal dispute over something but when we got to 69th things escalated to the point where the operator told them to take it outside while she was boarding and alighting customers and after they got off the humbuging began so to speak, one guy threw a mean right hook and the passengers all shouted Dayuuuum becuase of how brutal it was but after that the operator pulled off and continued in service. So it depends, it does count as a disturbance though but usually if you're able to get them off of your bus without needing CPD or EMS due to the account of injuries and other factors then you should be ok. S.O.Ps....

12 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Hypothetically speaking if 2 people got to fighting on a bus & a driver kicked them off the bus to finish the gight on the street & drive off would that driver face any discipline hypothetically speaking

6 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Well it depends on the circumstances but technically if you were able to get them off of the bus you should be alright. I remember maybe around 2013 or 2014 I was taking Ashland back home from HS and these two guys got into a verbal dispute over something but when we got to 69th things escalated to the point where the operator told them to take it outside while she was boarding and alighting customers and after they got off the humbuging began so to speak, one guy threw a mean right hook and the passengers all shouted Dayuuuum becuase of how brutal it was but after that the operator pulled off and continued in service. So it depends, it does count as a disturbance though but usually if you're able to get them off of your bus without needing CPD or EMS due to the account of injuries and other factors then you should be ok. S.O.Ps....

While I'm not on the internal side, I have been present at multiple incidents where other passengers got an unruly passenger off the bus and the driver was not involved at any point, other than closing the doors, at which point the route continued as normal. I would assume the driver didn't get disciplined.

8 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Ok cuz said driver pushed both the guys off the bus & told them to finish the fight out there then went to the garage 

15 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Ok cuz said driver pushed both the guys off the bus & told them to finish the fight out there then went to the garage 

If the driver PHYSICALLY PUSHED both guys off the bus  he and CTA could be liable.  Technically that is assault on the driver's part.  I don't know if that also makes him and CTA responsible for the altercation outside of the bus,  but both men could pursue an assault charge against the driver.  I don't know if the driver reported the incident. But someone could reported it to CTA, and they could pull the video footage.  Unless the driver was under attack. I don't see how he escapes discipline. 

Sometimes it’s best to just push a bit further till you see the police and flag them with your bus somehow like another driver said he does. As long as they not endangering you or another passenger don’t risk setting the situation off further without the law on standby. It’s too much money to lose ?

32 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

If the driver PHYSICALLY PUSHED both guys off the bus  he and CTA could be liable.  Technically that is assault on the driver's part.  I don't know if that also makes him and CTA responsible for the altercation outside of the bus,  but both men could pursue an assault charge against the driver.  I don't know if the driver reported the incident. But someone could reported it to CTA, and they could pull the video footage.  Unless the driver was under attack. I don't see how he escapes discipline. 

Aw ok well hope when they finish boxing it out they shoot hands & went home so that driver won't get in trouble 

Does anyone know the source of this Blue Line proposal map?

I recently came across it while reading an old article from Chicago Magazine about shelved CTA plans.

At first, I thought it may be a figure from the CTA's Northwest Corridor Plan from 2003, but I can't seem to find the map in there. Maybe its from another document or report?

I was hoping someone from the forum could help me. I'd greatly appreciate it.

57 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

With it being the first 80 degree day of 2021 I bet its hella call offs today I'll see if I can get a total tommorow cuz I'm 1 of the ones that called off ???

This would  have been a great day to work and get overtime.  O would save my callins for the winter months. Especially when it is bitterly cold or extremely snowy.  Depending on how much vacation time I had. , I would do 2 weeks in winter and at least one in summer.

23 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

This would  have been a great day to work and get overtime.  O would save my callins for the winter months. Especially when it is bitterly cold or extremely snowy.  Depending on how much vacation time I had. , I would do 2 weeks in winter and at least one in summer.

I woke up late as hell this morning I was suppose to be there at 5am my girl woke me up at 7:55

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, chrissz2613 said:

I recently came across it while reading an old article from Chicago Magazine about shelved CTA plans.

At first, I thought it may be a figure from the CTA's Northwest Corridor Plan from 2003, but I can't seem to find the map in there. Maybe its from another document or report?

7 hours ago, chrissz2613 said:

The title of the report is at the top of the image: Northwest Corridor Alternatives Analysis. You found Phase II of that study, but Phase I doesn’t seem to be available online. That’s the most likely source of the image. If you want to verify, you’d probably have to contact CTA, because reports prior to 2006 aren’t published on their website.

9 hours ago, Pace831 said:

The title of the report is at the top of the image: Northwest Corridor Alternatives Analysis. You found Phase II of that study, but Phase I doesn’t seem to be available online. That’s the most likely source of the image. If you want to verify, you’d probably have to contact CTA, because reports prior to 2006 aren’t published on their website.

Thank you very much!

That makes sense. I will attempt to contact CTA as well as try to dig around for the Phase I document.

These massive car meets at Ford City have gotten way out of control especially after what I went through last night. Never again will try to leave the mall on the western side when  CPD is clearing out 200+ plus vechicles and massive amounts of pedestrians on lookers. I sat there for over 20 minutes trying to figure out a way to get out of the mall without getting hit by speeding motorists that were also trying to find a way out. Some motorists were bold enough to do burnouts while CPD is trying to clear the area. I've never witnessed something like that before that bad. It seems like each weekend the carmeets are getting bigger and bigger and later and later into the night. I'm just thankful my artic that I had didn't get hit through all of the chaos.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

These massive car meets at Ford City have gotten way out of control especially after what I went through last night. Never again will try to leave the mall on the western side when  CPD is clearing out 200+ plus vechicles and massive amounts of pedestrians on lookers. I sat there for over 20 minutes trying to figure out a way to get out of the mall without getting hit by speeding motorists that were also trying to find a way out. Some motorists were bold enough to do burnouts while CPD is trying to clear the area. I've never witnessed something like that before that bad. It seems like each weekend the carmeets are getting bigger and bigger and later and later into the night. I'm just thankful my artic that I had didn't get hit through all of the chaos.

Wait till they start blocking the Stevenson or Ryan doing this stuff

7 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Yo bro I was there last night I be going to these car meets on Friday or sat nights I dont see why they set tripping aint no houses close by its just a closed mall at that time if night 

5 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Wait till they start blocking the Stevenson or Ryan doing this stuff

They kicked the meet out of the mall on 32 & ashland they got rent a cops blocking it now ford city is the best spot no houses close by just stores closed for the night but its somehow still a issue