7000-series - Delivery & Updates

railfan4072

• 3 weeks later...

So the 7000s have been around for a year.  They have done nonrev testing on all lines.  Only the Green Line has yet to see revenue service testing.   We'll see how long it takes before CTA gives a Notice to Proceed.   Since the cars are actually assembled in Chicago,  deliveries should be quick once they commence 

2 hours ago, artthouwill said:

So the 7000s have been around for a year.  They have done nonrev testing on all lines.  Only the Green Line has yet to see revenue service testing.   We'll see how long it takes before CTA gives a Notice to Proceed.   Since the cars are actually assembled in Chicago,  deliveries should be quick once they commence 

i wonder if green will even see them 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

How many times do they need to test the 7000s on the Blue Line?  This makes the third time. 

when they first started testing on the blue line for the 1st time the CRRC employee told me they’ll be back on blue line many times by december and looks like he was right but the reason for it i wish i knew this is possibly giving us hints 7000’s will take blue line to operate on and orange and then if all options picked up brown will see them as well

4 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

when they first started testing on the blue line for the 1st time the CRRC employee told me they’ll be back on blue line many times by december and looks like he was right but the reason for it i wish i knew this is possibly giving us hints 7000’s will take blue line to operate on and orange and then if all options picked up brown will see them as well

Why do i get a feeling the Blue Line is gonna get the 7000's first when they start delivering, but then again, i could be wrong.

4 hours ago, cta5658 said:

Why do i get a feeling the Blue Line is gonna get the 7000's first when they start delivering, but then again, i could be wrong.

9 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

It’s gonna be brown and orange first. Blue is gonna get all 3200s it can get outside of the roof boards to hold them over a bit while infrastructure gets upgraded. Brown and orange 2600s will be retired then either some line is going to get 7000s and push 5000s to blue or they go directly to blue after orange and brown get their 2600s replaced. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sam92 said:

It’s gonna be brown and orange first. Blue is gonna get all 3200s it can get outside of the roof boards to hold them over a bit while infrastructure gets upgraded. Brown and orange 2600s will be retired then either some line is going to get 7000s and push 5000s to blue or they go directly to blue after orange and brown get their 2600s replaced. 

yea your saying blue might get 3200’s but what if all options picked up? then there’s no 3200’s at all

6 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

yea your saying blue might get 3200’s but what if all options picked up? then there’s no 3200’s at all

Emphasis on “to hold them over” while blue gets rebuilt. If anything off peak can probably be handled by all 3200s while using whatever 2600s are still on the line for rush service. We still need more power on the OHare branch to handle new cars according to recent capacity reports but if ALL UIC turnbacks come from rosemont maybe you can start assigning whatever newer series to rosemont for that service and run them strictly on the OHare- UIC/IMD runs. I think they really want to put new equipment on the blue line sooner just to give them something better to work with and the 7000s are over there so much to test/gauge how much power newer cars suck up and see how many they can add without draining the system. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, artthouwill said:

How many times do they need to test the 7000s on the Blue Line?  This makes the third time. 

I hope they don’t do a fourth round on that line, Green is still the only one at the table to yet have them. I think testing should go as far as April of next year then we’ll see production of the remaining 390 cars of the base order.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rl12383 said:

The 7000s base order is on the agenda for this months CTA board meeting. I assume this may be the go-ahead to proceed with final build-out/delivery of the base order??? Should know for sure after the meeting tomorrow.

That will be interesting 

I wonder if they will reveal which line these cars will be assigned to first?  

• 3 weeks later...