7000-series - Delivery & Updates

railfan4072

2 hours ago, rl12383 said:

The 7000's have completed a year of testing if not longer. Any word on when we might see the main order commence delivery? Have yet to see anything mentioned in the monthly board meetings. 

same here maybe in may’s board meeting? hopefully as of now the only info we got is 7000-7010 are permanently on blue line (suprising the congress tests were successful) 

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I saw a 7000 series train out on the Blue Line this morning.   This train was heading towards Forest Park around 8;35 or so.  Unfortunately my view was obstructed by the walkway and canopy from the Lombard Ave entrance to the Austin Station.  The shiny, and new looking s ribbed steel makes me think it was a 7000 series train.  All 8 cars were like this.  It's been awhile since I have seen an 8 car consist of 3200s on the Blue Line since they started mixing the 2600s and 3200s in the same consists.

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

I thought I saw a 7000 series train out on the Blue Line this morning.   This train was heading towards Forest Park around 8;35 or so.  Unfortunately my view was obstructed by the walkway and canopy from the Lombard Ave entrance to the Austin Station.  The shiny, and new looking s ribbed steel makes me think it was a 7000 series train.  All 8 cars were like this.  It's been awhile since I have seen an 8 car consist of 3200s on the Blue Line since they started mixing the 2600s and 3200s in the same consists.

The biggest giveaway is the blue end and headlights

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if there is a specific run to which the 7000s are assigned, similar that the run numbers starting with 3 are the 8-car 5000-series trains visiting from the Pink Line? Is the Authority hesitant to send them out during AM or PM rush hours; holding them back for mid-day daylight hours, or that it really would not want anything adverse occuring in evening periods?

57 minutes ago, pudgym29 said:

I wonder if there is a specific run to which the 7000s are assigned, similar that the run numbers starting with 3 are the 8-car 5000-series trains visiting from the Pink Line? Is the Authority hesitant to send them out during AM or PM rush hours; holding them back for mid-day daylight hours, or that it really would not want anything adverse occuring in evening periods?

I don't know.   Perhaps they are limited by the number of operators that are certified to operate them.  I don't know how many operators are certified so far, but many more may need the training, especially if there is a pick coming soon with operators coming from other lines to the Blue Line.

Any updates on when more #7000’s will begin arriving? Could it be another bug issue with the #7000’s? Since they should be done with testing by now I am just wondering or CTA still haven’t gave the green light to CRRC to begin full production of the base order, I doubt the base order is delivered by 2024 with only 10-14 cars to be delivered every month. My biggest wild ride guess is that all 400 cars in the base order are delivered by 2025 or 2026 which makes me think the #2600’s will be around for a bit longer…?

1 hour ago, Bus1883 said:

Any updates on when more #7000’s will begin arriving? Could it be another bug issue with the #7000’s? Since they should be done with testing by now I am just wondering or CTA still haven’t gave the green light to CRRC to begin full production of the base order, I doubt the base order is delivered by 2024 with only 10-14 cars to be delivered every month. My biggest wild ride guess is that all 400 cars in the base order are delivered by 2025 or 2026 which makes me think the #2600’s will be around for a bit longer…?

No updates unless someone drives out to Hegewisch to the CRRC plant.  Other than that we have to wait for CTA to announce that they have given them a "Notice to Proceed."

RTAMS Update from last month:

Status conferences continued with CRRC to address/track various items. Technical meetings are held to discuss open technical issues and quality control procedures. Revenue service testing continued on the Green line and then the Blue Line. Operation/functionality is being monitored by CTA and CRRC personnel. CTA inspection personnel are working in China and continue to conduct welded subassembly checks and production car body shell inspections. They are hoping to have 82 assembled car body shells by end of Q1-2022 and currently have 69 cars total in various stages of construction.

Last Updated 04.22.2022

https://rtams.org/pmo-capital-projects

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

Cars 7013-14 have officially been delivered.   According to a CRRC worker, it will be a while until 7011-12 are delivered due to a mishap with one of the shells while in transport. 

Good to see you back on the forum.  Good to know that deliveries are now starting.   Are they going to Skokie first or are they going directly to the Blue Line?

16 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Good to see you back on the forum.  Good to know that deliveries are now starting.   Are they going to Skokie first or are they going directly to the Blue Line?

Considering that it is next to a 97 bus should be a clue. Also the caption.

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

44 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Considering that it is next to a 97 bus should be a clue. Also the caption.

I tried to keep this private, but somebody else^ is not accepting private messages. If a person surfing here has YouTube blocked (which includes me occasionally), all he would have viewed is a dark box reading "You need to enable YouTube in order to view this content." He would not have viewed the route #97 Skokie bus passing by. ?

Besides, the video does not go live until 7:00pm Tuesday evening.

1 hour ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

skokie first then head to blue

Cool.     I wonder how many need to be delivered before we see them in revenue service.   I haven't seen any of the first ten in awhile.   Hopefully they won't get stacked up like the 8350s are at SS.  I thought I read somewhere that about 60 or so shells were built.  

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

Cool.     I wonder how many need to be delivered before we see them in revenue service.   I haven't seen any of the first ten in awhile.   Hopefully they won't get stacked up like the 8350s are at SS.  I thought I read somewhere that about 60 or so shells were built.  

7000’s were dealing wit a bug issue about the LED signs turning off but i’m pretty sure they got rid of the bug i seen em rosemont yard this morning 

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

I was told 7013-7022 so far were being coming in, they deliver every weekday except Wednesdays from what i was told .

Oh ok but I know for a fact that we are expecting 10-14 cars a month. I can imagine them stuffing up Skokie yard with #7000’s just like with the situation on how the #8350’s are taking up the front fence and a few are currently parked in the boneyard until further notice. 

3 hours ago, Bus1883 said:

#7015 and #7021 is here from these two photos shown here. Not sure if #7016 is here but the second file below shows another #7000 which should be #7022. Credits go to the owner of these two photos.

1B54EEFB-B0B2-4699-AAE7-C157CB0D4DDC.png

700D5141-06F8-44A9-9595-176093766D1B.jpeg

7013-7018 and 7021-22 are at skokie shops 7011 got damaged in shipping so the shell been shipped back to china (there may never be 7011-7012) and 7019-7020 are otw

9 hours ago, Bus1883 said:

Oh ok but I know for a fact that we are expecting 10-14 cars a month. I can imagine them stuffing up Skokie yard with #7000’s just like with the situation on how the #8350’s are taking up the front fence and a few are currently parked in the boneyard until further notice. 

also delivery to skokie has been put on hold for couple days……no trucks lol

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...