7000-series - Delivery & Updates

railfan4072

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, cta5658 said:

I probably might have asked this before, but how many more 7000's will it take for them to be seen in the afternoons?

atp…….it’s anyone’s guess i drive past rosemont every weekday around 3pm and both sets of 8 cars are parked up on the ohare bound side but last night a set was parked outside the wash facing rosemont but there hasn’t been deliveries recently we only got 7001-7024

On 10/29/2022 at 12:09 AM, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

atp…….it’s anyone’s guess i drive past rosemont every weekday around 3pm and both sets of 8 cars are parked up on the ohare bound side but last night a set was parked outside the wash facing rosemont but there hasn’t been deliveries recently we only got 7001-7024

1 hour ago, rl12383 said:

The CTA budget recommendations for 2023 mentions that the 7000's are still in testing until the end of the year. After which the board will decide on notice to proceed with full production/delivery. I guess they are taking it slow.   

I'm confused.   The first ten cars were delivered and tested for over a year.  Since then, I THOUGHT  CTA gave a notice to proceed as 14 more cars were delivered.  So what's changed?  

Apparently there hasn't been a delivery in awhile.  Did a problem arise that forced CTA to halt deliveries?  Why is CTA still only running these cars essentially in the a.m. on the Blue Line?  Are they still doing training on the Orange Line?  

Something isn't adding up  

2 hours ago, rl12383 said:

The CTA budget recommendations for 2023 mentions that the 7000's are still in testing until the end of the year. After which the board will decide on notice to proceed with full production/delivery. I guess they are taking it slow.   

This makes no sense to me at all, I thought they’ve completed a full year of testing last year after they’ve tested on the Green Line what’s the setback? Why do we have the production cars of the #7000’s on the system along with the prototypes if they are still testing them? The funny part is there’s more at the factory already built? I’ve thought they gave us the green light for production… CTA is moving real slow on deliveries.

24 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

I'm confused.   The first ten cars were delivered and tested for over a year.  Since then, I THOUGHT  CTA gave a notice to proceed as 14 more cars were delivered.  So what's changed?  

Apparently there hasn't been a delivery in awhile.  Did a problem arise that forced CTA to halt deliveries?  Why is CTA still only running these cars essentially in the a.m. on the Blue Line?  Are they still doing training on the Orange Line?  

Something isn't adding up  

CTA shouldn’t only run these in the mornings if they’re done with testing why not run them daily along with the rest of the fleets?

39 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

7027-7028 were delivered 11/1/22

This seems like there was a notice to proceed.  There are deliveries taking place.even if they are slow.  St the very least there should be some training going on so that we can start to see them in service. 

O assume that the track conditions of the Forest Park branch aren't bad enough to warrant assigning the new cars to other lines first.  But other than the testing. I haven't seen them on the Forest Park branch yet 

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

This seems like there was a notice to proceed.  There are deliveries taking place.even if they are slow.  St the very least there should be some training going on so that we can start to see them in service. 

O assume that the track conditions of the Forest Park branch aren't bad enough to warrant assigning the new cars to other lines first.  But other than the testing. I haven't seen them on the Forest Park branch yet 

tbh it’s a good question on why they run O’Hare-UIC for like 2 trips and that’s it ima find out 

2 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

(confirmed from a close source) the 7000’s are only doing 2 trips from O’Hare-UIC is because they are doing in service software testing on them that’s also a reason on why deliveries have been slow so what y’all saw on the 2023 budget bout the 7000’s is correct 

Ok i get in service testing. But what is it with the software that precludes the trains running all the way to Forest Park even for an a.m round trip only?

17 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Ok i get in service testing. But what is it with the software that precludes the trains running all the way to Forest Park even for an a.m round trip only?

Only software things of which I can think are location specific are the signal system or lack of power to run the electronics (such as the original 5000s not being able to cross at Tower  18).

On 11/3/2022 at 8:20 PM, artthouwill said:

My guess is either they are experiencing a few bug issues along the test or could be some other issue I could be wrong.

However CRRC has over 60 cars built at the factory through different stages, according from Chicago L group 7035-7036 were spotted on the curve outside of the factory being pulled by one of the golf carts due to the test tracks not being powered, 7058 has been built credit goes to David for the info. 7005-7008 are still either at Midway for testing or has returned by now. I saw a video from YouTube about the 7000s recently and in the beginning you’ll see two to three sets of #7000’s laid at Rosemont yard possibly one of the sets could be the current consist running and not the other.

7 hours ago, Bus1883 said:

My guess is either they are experiencing a few bug issues along the test or could be some other issue I could be wrong.

However CRRC has over 60 cars built at the factory through different stages, according from Chicago L group 7035-7036 were spotted on the curve outside of the factory being pulled by one of the golf carts due to the test tracks not being powered, 7058 has been built credit goes to David for the info. 7005-7008 are still either at Midway for testing or has returned by now. I saw a video from YouTube about the 7000s recently and in the beginning you’ll see two to three sets of #7000’s laid at Rosemont yard possibly one of the sets could be the current consist running and not the other.

7005-08 are still being tested out of midway this might be the last week might not but they’re expected to come back to blue line very soon