7000-series - Delivery & Updates

railfan4072

1 hour ago, Bus1883 said:

This in my opinion this would be a good interior color for the 7000s when they change the interior colors soon. Similar to 5269 and up

1. What evidence do you have that they are going to change the color?
  2. Looks like a baby's bathroom to me.

1 hour ago, Busjack said:
  1. What evidence do you have that they are going to change the color?
  2. Looks like a baby's bathroom to me.

I meant to put (if) instead of (when). Honestly this will look decent on the 7000s if they change the color which they always do small changes to option orders.

7 hours ago, Bus1883 said:

This in my opinion this would be a good interior color for the 7000s if they change the interior colors soon. Similar to 5269 and up

2E5256FB-8420-46A3-8CEF-17EB1119C412.jpeg

I wish they painted the blue ends gray like the rest of the fleet. They would look better gray or even black.

18 hours ago, Mr.cta85 said:

I wish they painted the blue ends gray like the rest of the fleet. They would look better gray or even black.

I actually like the blue end capa.  Blue is one of the colors in the cta livery.  Part of the reason for the colored endcaps is to help differentiate the u000s from the restoration the fleet.  Gray or steel cored endcals would not accomplish this.

On 3/18/2023 at 3:22 PM, artthouwill said:

I actually like the blue end capa.  Blue is one of the colors in the cta livery.  Part of the reason for the colored endcaps is to help differentiate the u000s from the restoration the fleet.  Gray or steel cored endcals would not accomplish this.

I like the blue end caps too I just wish they made them grey I just think they look better over the blue but it’s cool I like the 7000’s design overall cause to me they look like an updated version of the 2200 series and it’s so ironic they’re starting out on the Blue line ???.

34 minutes ago, Mr.cta85 said:

and it’s so ironic they’re starting out on the Blue line ???.

2200s started on the Lake-Dan Ryan. It was about 90 WS, and 60 WNW, in proportion to the extensions opened in 1969-1970.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, FoamerBuster said:

Any updates on the delivery of the 7000s?

From what I heard delivery of the cars have been on hold due to the gear having serious leakage it’s a problem on the recent cars also another factor is that they are low on seats and the manufacturer who designed the seats has went bankrupt. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Bus1883 said:

From what I heard delivery of the cars have been on hold due to the gear having serious leakage it’s a problem on the recent cars also another factor is that they are low on seats and the manufacturer who designed the seats has went bankrupt. 

Could the gearbox problem have anything to do with car 7008 smoking a few weeks back?

1 hour ago, Bus1883 said:

and the manufacturer who designed the seats has went bankrupt. 

There is no evidence of that. I checked both Freedman and American Seating. Also, somehow buses have seats.

Again, unsupported claims like this are defamatory.

2 hours ago, Bus1883 said:

I'd caution on conjecture. Either have proof or you'd have to withdraw the comment. 

9 hours ago, MetroShadow said:

I'd caution on conjecture. Either have proof or you'd have to withdraw the comment. 

The only thing that can be confirmed is that there haven't been any new cars added to the Vlue Line.   In fact, my recent rides yielded bo sporting of ANY 7000s.  As for the reasons why, I have bo knowledge.  No one i know has said anything.   The reasons given are plausible but not sourced or confirmed, yet.

1 minute ago, artthouwill said:

The only thing that can be confirmed is that there haven't been any new cars added to the Vlue Line.   In fact, my recent rides yielded bo sporting of ANY 7000s.  As for the reasons why, I have bo knowledge.  No one i know has said anything.   The reasons given are plausible but not sourced or confirmed, yet.

112 & 211 has 7ks yesterday so they are still running