8350-series Nova LFS - Updates

WCR

On 7/19/2022 at 2:45 PM, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

8363 IS ON ADDISON

8363 152 Addison 152 -455 F(Forest Glen)

Besides the videos that were shared in this thread, the YouTube paparazzi will have several vids posted soon after this long wait to see action. ????

• Haha 1

On 7/19/2022 at 5:20 PM, YoungBusLover said:

In typical CTA fashion the interior and exterior signs aren't functional for its first day out. ???

Based on a video I spotted on YouTube from one CTA Amir, the farebox and Ventra reader were also down on this bus on its first day out in revenue service. And I agree with Shannon's statement that this likely means we won't see the remaining 6400s on the road much longer, if ever, given how few of them are left at this point. And I'm not sure if it was the newness of the bus, but that ISL9 was sounding slightly different than the other Novas even though it's the same Cummins ISL9 pair with a ZF 6A1400B. 

3 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Only the shadow knows.....

?????

2 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

i think 95 was delivered 6/2 cuz @YoungBusLoverdid post it at 2am or it is 6/3 lol

Yeah I have #8395 around 6/3/22. That's at least when I saw it. Seeing how the base order is nearly complete I'll do another sweep of the list of buses at SS. 

10 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

?????

Yeah I have #8395 around 6/3/22. That's at least when I saw it. Seeing how the base order is nearly complete I'll do another sweep of the list of buses at SS. 

Good cause I feel like I'm missing some of these #8410's.

On 7/18/2022 at 6:19 PM, artthouwill said:

At this rate,  the base order will be delivered before any of them see revenue service. 

They will be shipped to Louisville, Kentucky in exchange for some slightly older diesel buses.

{One might notice some old traction railfan remembrances here.?

77belmont-812(8348).jpg.1f069a6bfa99fc46ad471a2a1271a12e.jpg

I was out on Thursday. Thanks ? to traffic being temporarily slowed, I managed to take photographs of new Nova #8348 running eastbound on route #77 Belmont.

I mildly cringe on how, when this model runs in Owl service, is "Halsted" displayed?

(Really, who is programming the software for these buses?) ?

3 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

i can only imagine #8365 is somewhere in that garbage buried 

i have 8397 delivered as 6/1/22

I was looking for #8398, #8427 might be new cause it's on the outside but #8414 was probably last week or the week before in July.