6400-series Nova LFS - Updates & Retirements

sw4400

3 hours ago, busfan2847 said:

From the registration that is the original 6400 which never entered service and has remained a mechanical trainer.

The  Nova really does have that fresh-from-the-factory look despite its 18 years. Still, I wonder why it has an ad wrap if it's never seen revenue service.

8 hours ago, wordguy said:

The  Nova really does have that fresh-from-the-factory look despite its 18 years. Still, I wonder why it has an ad wrap if it's never seen revenue service.

6400 was in service I remember seeing it when I when to my aunt house when I was a shorty it was 79 that rainy afternoon

11 hours ago, Shannon CVPI said:

& 6400 was sold to the scrapper in April of 15 so idk what bus number that is 

This 6400 (reg M119 823) was the pilot bus, The 6400 sold in 2015 was M118 341. The pilot bus briefly carried the fleet number 6400 but has been an unnumbered mechanical trainer ever since. Exactly the same as the pilot 1000 (M125 505) which is retained as a mechanical trainer (see https://www.chicagobus.org/buses/1000 ). The current 1000 (M164 867) was delivered at the same time as 1475-1571 batch.

• Thanks 1