6400-series Nova LFS - Updates & Retirements

sw4400

3 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Can we stop with the irrelevant postings here unless new information is discovered about #6400's actually getting retired. 

Exactly no one here cares if you're gonna miss a bus or not we all get it!  That's why I made a discord group for the forums for those of you who want to talk about more of your preferences in transit which can be found here: https://discord.gg/mxaAzVJ 

Let's keep the forums more informational and less spammed.  Just like @YoungBusLover I'm getting tired of seeing posts about people being picky or disruptive.

• 3 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Shannon CVPI said:

I know it did I was just saying it still had it's bike rack & looking like it's waiting to get picked up to go back into service

6553 was in the boneyard I think they just move them around a lot eventually it will go back into the bone yard unless they wanna use it as something like another Instruction bus as 6694 

1 minute ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

6553 was in the boneyard I think they just move them around a lot eventually it will go back into the bone yard unless they wanna use it as something like another Instruction bus as 6694 

Aw didn't know 6694 was retired to train drivers I thought it was still kicking it just oos for a repair or to be inspected to see if their going to knock it off

3 hours ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Aw didn't know 6694 was retired to train drivers I thought it was still kicking it just oos for a repair or to be inspected to see if their going to knock it off

I don't beleive #6694 is getting used for training because I've been training at Chicago and 77th for the past few weeks and the buses that have been used are #1000's only. #6694 has a different agenda in store. Plus why would CTA train its drivers on a bus slowly getting phased out, just put two and two together.  

2 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

I don't beleive #6694 is getting used for training because I've been training at Chicago and 77th for the past few weeks and the buses that have been used are #1000's only. #6694 has a different agenda in store. Plus why would CTA train its drivers on a bus slowly getting phased out, just put two and two together.  

You got a point I just seen them training at C in the lot with 1830& 2018

10 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Ahh you probably saw a few of my fellow trainee's today out there. They split our class up today with 7 or 8 staying at Chicago and 9 going to 77th for training today.

Aw ok if can can you get a pic how they track look or the buses over at the boneyard if you can don't wanna get you in trouble

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone sees the following list buses below come back from the dead here's your chance to catch them at there respective garages when there restoration is complete. 
#6470 ,#6488, #6564 ,#6621, #6694, #6585 ,#6671, #6696,and #6859 have either underwent or are in the process of receiving a mini rehab for there 2nd term of service as Instruction buses.I'm not sure exactly if all 7 garages will use them but I know in the past few weeks there has been a lot more 2nd gens and #4000's popping up at south-shops that I thought were long gone as far as retirement status goes (#6400's that is) and as i've been progressing through my training at 77th I was surprised to be given the opportunity to drive #6470 this past week and man she was a dream to drive but also had some minor tweaks that needed to be fixed. Most of the boneyard is littered with more #4000's than #6400's which makes me question what is CTA's motive restoring 18-20 year-old buses back from the dead for instruction purposes? 

5 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

If anyone sees the following list buses below come back from the dead here's your chance to catch them at there respective garages when there restoration is complete. 
#6470 ,#6488, #6564 ,#6621, #6694, #6585 ,#6671, #6696,and #6859 have either underwent or are in the process of receiving a mini rehab for there 2nd term of service as Instruction buses.I'm not sure exactly if all 7 garages will use them but I know in the past few weeks there has been a lot more 2nd gens and #4000's popping up at south-shops that I thought were long gone as far as retirement status goes (#6400's that is) and as i've been progressing through my training at 77th I was surprised to be given the opportunity to drive #6470 this past week and man she was a dream to drive but also had some minor tweaks that needed to be fixed. Most of the boneyard is littered with more #4000's than #6400's which makes me question what is CTA's motive restoring 18-20 year-old buses back from the dead for instruction purposes? 

6470 isn’t coming back because that’s a instruction bus 

AC09FEE9-3B72-4903-A1D3-E88D0A4F72E8.jpeg

8 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Why are retired Novas being used as Instruction Buses?

My immediate thought is that according to sw4400 updated garage roster FG has 71 active 6400`s. I don`t fore-see these 6400`s being retired soon. Some present operators and new hires  still have to qualify to operate them.