The Breakdown Thread

sw4400

On 8/22/2021 at 9:03 PM, NovaBusFan said:

Yeah regardless of them being pulled OOS because of the fire on #6860. Some are most likely to end up seeing retirement if I was in charge of CTA I would checked the ones that have messed up transmission gears that I want to retire and keep the ones that sounded like they are brand new. I forgot to mention that #6854 had a messed up transmission in 2019 when Jaylin rode it on the 85, they probably fixed it by now. Same thing goes for the D40LFs when their retirement begins I would retire or take #1016, #1307 and #1600 OOS because they also have messed up transmission gears along with the rest of the older ones that is in the worst shape.

I’m kinda late but yeah. When I rode 6854 back in 2019 it was messed up. It was fixed however but the unit sounds like buses like 6837 & 6869

1 hour ago, ajay said:

I’m kinda late but yeah. When I rode 6854 back in 2019 it was messed up. It was fixed however but the unit sounds like buses like 6837 & 6869

I rode 6854 too but I don’t recall it sounding just like those maybe a bit closer to 6837 tbh, it didn’t have loud ZF and 6854 seemed a bit bassy and lower pitched to me

My friend just told me she was on a southbound artic J14 at 87th and Jeffery that stalled out and she had to board another bus. [I didn't ask for the vehicle number because she probably wouldn't remember it]. My questions is how are the 4k's doing breakdown wise? BTW this happened to her around 3:00pm today.

4 minutes ago, geneking7320 said:

My friend just told me she was on a southbound artic J14 at 87th and Jeffery that stalled out and she had to board another bus. [I didn't ask for the vehicle number because she probably wouldn't remember it]. My questions is how are the 4k's doing breakdown wise? BTW this happened to her around 3:00pm today.

Breakdown wise they're hanging in there by a thread and I'll leave it at that. 

On 9/23/2021 at 8:59 PM, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

I rode 6854 too but I don’t recall it sounding just like those maybe a bit closer to 6837 tbh, it didn’t have loud ZF and 6854 seemed a bit bassy and lower pitched to me

Yeah it doesn’t sound too good still but I can recall it sounding better than it did back in 2019 when AJay rode it. I remember riding #6776 two years ago on the 90 and it sounded good. I remember @Mr.NewFlyer1051riding #1016 a couple of times and it sounded like #1930 and up and the PACE Nabis combine????

6 hours ago, NovaBusFan said:

Yeah it doesn’t sound too good still but I can recall it sounding better than it did back in 2019 when AJay rode it. I remember riding #6776 two years ago on the 90 and it sounded good. I remember @Mr.NewFlyer1051riding #1016 a couple of times and it sounded like #1930 and up and the PACE Nabis combine????

Ye I rode 6776 on the 86 i think it was okay