The Breakdown Thread

sw4400

• 2 weeks later...

#210 Has had its work cut out for it in the past couple of weeks. Almost every other night I'm seeing #7900s getting towed back to the garage. Tonight #7924 is broken down at 87th and Wentworth with the front suspension sitting lower than usual. I've seen a couple of #1300s get towed in as well last week. 

8 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

#210 Has had its work cut out for it in the past couple of weeks. Almost every other night I'm seeing #7900s getting towed back to the garage. Tonight #7924 is broken down at 87th and Wentworth with the front suspension sitting lower than usual. I've seen a couple of #1300s get towed in as well last week. 

Them 7900's go weak ass suspension

8308 possible break down near north avenue and Harlem.  Brokr down around 2:20 pm and it was there with a 992 on there run F992 when I went by on the 307 fifteen minutes ago. 8308 was turned on at the time and lights were on, didn’t see any service vans or tow trucks. Saw 8301 pas by it might be the replacement bus. 8301 signs said 91 austin to Roosevelt for some reason…run F165 austin run number.  8308 was block 90-402 when it broke down.  

2 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

8308 possible break down near north avenue and Harlem.  Brokr down around 2:20 pm and it was there with a 992 on there run F992 when I went by on the 307 fifteen minutes ago. 8308 was turned on at the time and lights were on, didn’t see any service vans or tow trucks. Saw 8301 pas by it might be the replacement bus. 8301 signs said 91 austin to Roosevelt for some reason…run F165 austin run number.  8308 was block 90-402 when it broke down.  

as of 6:30 PM 8308 was hooked onto a tow truck, bus's exterior lights were still on for some reason. 8313 was the replacement bus

• 2 weeks later...

8144 will be out of commission for a while. That's if it gets a repair. It caught fire yesterday morning according to a CBS 2 news clip I spotted through YouTube. They say the fire started from the engine. No injuries and no passengers on board at the time. There is fire damage at the rear, mainly some melting of the top rear panels, though it doesn't look as severe as on 4333 when it caught fire years ago during its first winter in service if I'm remembering the timeframe correctly.