More Bus Moves

sw4400

looks like some of 74th's nfs are on 103rd routes as #1555 is on the #14 and #1747 is on the #111

#6599 and #6643 were also on 103rd routes yesterday. Today #6599 is back at Archer and #1747 is back at 74th. Seems like there's a different bus each day in the last few days #6300 and #6310 were at 103rd also. Lots of back and forth. If they need more buses why not just transfer some over and that's that.

#6599 and #6643 were also on 103rd routes yesterday. Today #6599 is back at Archer and #1747 is back at 74th. Seems like there's a different bus each day in the last few days #6300 and #6310 were at 103rd also. Lots of back and forth. If they need more buses why not just transfer some over and that's that.

I would like to think that once Archer closes, the bus shuffling will come to an abrupt end. I'm not holding my breath on that one though.

I was coming out of Chicagoland Hobby earlier today, New Flyer #1088 was operating on #68 NW HWY.

I'll even back you up with a Bus Tracker reading.

post-14-12622966659246_thumb.jpg

Of course, one garage that is short of 1000s lending to another that is even more short is somewhat strange.

Update: The way that this forum is now handling attachments (with a zoom out) is also somewhat novel.

I was coming out of Chicagoland Hobby earlier today, New Flyer #1088 was operating on #68 NW HWY.

NFs 1088-1090 have been at FG since the weekend of December 19-20, 2009. FG now has 50 New Flyers, exactly what busangel reported was going to happen this past July. Since then 50 NFs have moved into FG, and 30 Flxibles and 18 Novas have moved out.

• Upvote 1

#1569 - #1579 odd's went from NP to 74th. (no more #1500's at NP) and #6192 - #6196 went from FG to 103rd yesterday. #6194 was still on the #90 monday night before the transfer. #1613 was on the 103 yesterday. So looks like NP's #1600's went to 103rd. (NP only had 10 anyway.)Looks like there trying to get buses in numerical sequence again. Also they may be trying to squeeze out a few more flx's (as many as they can anyway)

Flxible 6192 was on the #90 Harlem today (and is at the time of this post), so back to FG it goes.

NFs 1088-1090 have been at FG since the weekend of December 19-20, 2009. FG now has 50 New Flyers, exactly what busangel reported was going to happen this past July. Since then 50 NFs have moved into FG, and 30 Flxibles and 18 Novas have moved out.

Kind of makes you wonder if Fg is getting ready to receive #1091 - #1191 for Feb if the #6000's say goodbye. This way they could be 50-60 percent NF's and the rest Nova's. They might want to do that for every garage so they have an even mix between the two and keep the older buses off the street as much as possible.

Kind of makes you wonder if Fg is getting ready to receive #1091 - #1191 for Feb if the #6000's say goodbye. This way they could be 50-60 percent NF's and the rest Nova's. They might want to do that for every garage so they have an even mix between the two and keep the older buses off the street as much as possible.

Despite what I might have indicated earlier about a NP to FG swap, the rest of you more than convinced me that anything that happened lately is just short term.

Assuming the current number of Novas and NFs, you have 1738 buses, so 480 Novas would mean that an even distribution would be each remaining garage having about 25-30% of them, not half. That probably gets complicated by the garages that have DE60LFs, and other complications such as which buses have the capacitors for outside starting.

Also, in the range you are mentioning would include many of the 74th buses, thus indicating that 74th would have to get replacements for them, plus the about 80 6000s it now has. Anything's possible with current CTA brass, but I wouldn't be betting in that direction.

Maybe bus swapping could become an NBC sport, such as like all those poker.net shows. Probably the same odds (the flop is 1438--you don't have 3 in a row).:lol::unsure::angry:

Despite what I might have indicated earlier about a NP to FG swap, the rest of you more than convinced me that anything that happened lately is just short term.

Assuming the current number of Novas and NFs, you have 1738 buses, so 480 Novas would mean that an even distribution would be each remaining garage having about 25-30% of them, not half. That probably gets complicated by the garages that have DE60LFs, and other complications such as which buses have the capacitors for outside starting.

Also, in the range you are mentioning would include many of the 74th buses, thus indicating that 74th would have to get replacements for them, plus the about 80 6000s it now has. Anything's possible with current CTA brass, but I wouldn't be betting in that direction.

Maybe bus swapping could become an NBC sport, such as like all those poker.net shows. Probably the same odds (the flop is 1438--you don't have 3 in a row).:lol::unsure::angry:

Busjack kind of beat me to what I was going to mention came to mind from reading the past week's posts in the thread, that it was temporary holiday switcheroos a la the temporary summer time swapping craziness near the Memorial Day and Independence Day holidays to beef up service on heavy routes at the garages involved. But again with CTA brass anything is possible as we've seen.