More Bus Moves

sw4400

Well I guess cta dont have to worry about cps school runs. Looks like cps is going remote. Theres still universities and private schools. How will it bid those cps school runs  out? They will run anyway? This is going to be really messed up. It's hard to plan when the plan keeps changing. 

10 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Well I guess cta dont have to worry about cps school runs. Looks like cps is going remote. Theres still universities and private schools. How will it bid those cps school runs  out? They will run anyway? This is going to be really messed up. It's hard to plan when the plan keeps changing. 

Two things may occur, the summer pick may last a lot longer or a new modified pick will occur for the fall. Either way it goes the ball is in the Authorities court now but I will say a lot of operators out 77th are itching for the fall pick to come on schedule and not get pushed because of routes like 79th,Cottage Grove and surprisingly King Drive. They want to get to get off those routes badly.

On 8/3/2020 at 4:28 PM, YoungBusLover said:

I wonder if that'll change during the next pick. North Park seems to be doing fine now but I can only imagine they'll need some type of assistance soon if indeed things go back to normal. 

With CPS starting the school year with remote learning, it seems the answer to that question depends on the universities as well as what happens with adult riders who are traveling to and from work as far as how many companies will continue the telecommute operations that have been able to do so these past several months. Fall pick is largely planned and scheduled around what goes on with the public schools. That's pretty much why it's the longest out of the seasonal picks and the summer pick the shortest. CPS already knocked away a need for more artics to handle teenage and younger passengers who use buses to get to and from the schools concentrated on the north side. The 22 for example, needed artics in AM rush and PM rush not because there was an increase in riders going to and from downtown, though that was a part. The 22 needed to go artic run in those periods more because there was an increase in families with kids living on the north side, and there was a big increase of students along with their parents in the case of younger kids using the 22 between home and school. And the 22 already had a high number of schools on or near the route before that increase. We're probably already at the peak of how many adult passengers are physically commuting to work on CTA buses rather than using the telecommute option. So depending on how many college kids are physically going to class versus doing the online class option, we might not see artic assignments change back from the current split between all five garages that are capable of housing and facilitating maintenance for present day 60 foot articulated buses

12 minutes ago, jajuan said:

With CPS starting the school year with remote learning, it seems the answer to that question depends on the universities as well as what happens with adult riders who are traveling to and from work as far as how many companies will continue the telecommute operations that have been able to do so these past several months. Fall pick is largely planned and scheduled around what goes on with the public schools. That's pretty much why it's the longest out of the seasonal picks and the summer pick the shortest. CPS already knocked away a need for more artics to handle teenage and younger passengers who use buses to get to and from the schools concentrated on the north side. The 22 for example, needed artics in AM rush and PM rush not because there was an increase in riders going to and from downtown, though that was a part. The 22 needed to go artic run in those periods more because there was an increase in families with kids living on the north side, and there was a big increase of students along with their parents in the case of younger kids using the 22 between home and school. And the 22 already had a high number of schools on or near the route before that increase. We're probably already at the peak of how many adult passengers are physically commuting to work on CTA buses rather than using the telecommute option. So depending on how many college kids are physically going to class versus doing the online class option, we might not see artic assignments change back from the current split between all five garages that are capable of housing and facilitating maintenance for present day 60 foot articulated buses

Yeah it's a very fluid situation and I'm just worried that CTA will be real secretive on what they'll do in the next few weeks. As much as I love the runs I have for the summer pick such as Pulaski on Sundays  just to name one, I would hope that the part-timers get something because we normally have school runs or modified runs during the school year but with remote learning for CPS and the option to do remote learning for college students we may not have much to choose from that will go in our favor at 77th at least. I can only imagine getting combinations of 4 hour runs during the weekdays on streets like 79th,Cottage grove,87th, King drive to help compensate for the missing runs that may occur. We've stopped doing gap buses for whatever reason which is odd. Social distancing doesn't seem like an important topic anymore because buses are crowded and runs aren't getting filled for afternoons and evenings. 

On 8/4/2020 at 8:58 PM, BusHunter said:

Runs that do school trippers have a "school" schedule and a "no school" schedule. If schools do not open they just run the "no school" paddle