More Bus Moves

sw4400

49 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

FG can have ALL of 7900s as far as I am concerned.   The air is no good ? 

?? I'm just saying & yea you right cuz 5he few noavs 7900's at K aint all of that good plus when we had the 6400's there just a while ago they AC was great 6710 was in great shape with the AC I miss the 64's being at k

19 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

?? I'm just saying & yea you right cuz 5he few noavs 7900's at K aint all of that good plus when we had the 6400's there just a while ago they AC was great 6710 was in great shape with the AC I miss the 64's being at k

I'd rather have FG send those #6400's back to 77th just for the hell of it so we can run them into the ground to retirement.

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

FG can have ALL of 7900s as far as I am concerned.   The air is no good ? 

It's getting close to that time for CTA on whether or not they want to consider rehabbing some of these #7900's and #8000's because they are in the worse shape out of the entire fleet. Every time I ride an #8000 series out of 74th the engines sound worn out and the transmissions seem shot along with minimal a/c other than the very few #8200's they have, those run like a dream but meanwhile when I operate #7900's out of 77th its a mixed bag of buses that have good a/c, but bad brakes, or good brakes but a shot transmission and sometimes a good bus overall until it decides it doesn't want to go into gear. These buses rattle and shake so much that the interior panels are falling apart mid route or during a pull in trip and those silver bike racks are just terrible and fragile overall. 

3 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

I'd rather have FG send those #6400's back to 77th just for the hell of it so we can run them into the ground to retirement.

It's getting close to that time for CTA on whether or not they want to consider rehabbing some of these #7900's and #8000's because they are in the worse shape out of the entire fleet. Every time I ride an #8000 series out of 74th the engines sound worn out and the transmissions seem shot along with minimal a/c other than the very few #8200's they have, those run like a dream but meanwhile when I operate #7900's out of 77th its a mixed bag of buses that have good a/c, but bad brakes, or good brakes but a shot transmission and sometimes a good bus overall until it decides it doesn't want to go into gear. These buses rattle and shake so much that the interior panels are falling apart mid route or during a pull in trip and those silver bike racks are just terrible and fragile overall. 

I was just saying the other day cta gone start a rehab soon cuz some novas are 6 years old

37 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

I was just saying the other day cta gone start a rehab soon cuz some novas are 6 years old

It's getting close to that point, I think once the Electric bus projects are finally finished the next phase of business will have to be rehabs for the #7900s. Now will they go the #1000s route and receive something around 2022? or will they go the #5300s and #6400s route and receive nothing but minor touch ups every other year? All I know is you shouldn't need duck tape for a six year to seven year old bus such as #7916.

20200625_210204.jpg

4 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

It's getting close to that point, I think once the Electric bus projects are finally finished the next phase of business will have to be rehabs for the #7900s. Now will they go the #1000s route and receive something around 2022? or will they go the #5300s and #6400s route and receive nothing but minor touch ups every other year? All I know is you shouldn't need duck tape for a six year to seven year old bus such as #7916.

20200625_210204.jpg

Dam normally it be when buses start turning 6-7 years old