More Bus Moves

sw4400

11 hours ago, Sam92 said:

You see I haven’t said anything after and even conceded that we were both right in a way. I admitted to not being as accurate but as someone who’s lived on the south east side, some buses in those ranges moved around for things related to blue line Milwaukee shuttles etc so NP could’ve had them back and forth for things like that. 

Don't mind some of these instigators on here, they don't read much of anything on here.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Guess they don't want be too slow lmfao & maybe NP be leaving a big gap & they just have K just throw in a bus to fill that gap naw but idk why they do that 

11 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

seems as this is occurring every night (weekdays) a bus from K i wonder why 

Maybe some runs got shared with another garage that we haven’t known about. I’ve seen a few NP westerns on some weekends recently but those were supposedly a weekday only thing to make up for Archer closing. I wanna say something wild considering @YoungBusLoversaid some runs got made longer or shorter; what if this particular artic run repeatedly showing up was a former school tripper that got rehooked into staying on Damen the full run to save a bus or fuel vs maybe doing a school run then deadheading to do an express. With a block ID of 551 that seems early enough to handle a school dismissal. Biggest question is why are buses steadily using another garage block ID

15 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Maybe some runs got shared with another garage that we haven’t known about. I’ve seen a few NP westerns on some weekends recently but those were supposedly a weekday only thing to make up for Archer closing. I wanna say something wild considering @YoungBusLoversaid some runs got made longer or shorter; what if this particular artic run repeatedly showing up was a former school tripper that got rehooked into staying on Damen the full run to save a bus or fuel vs maybe doing a school run then deadheading to do an express. With a block ID of 551 that seems early enough to handle a school dismissal. Biggest question is why are buses steadily using another garage block ID

I'll take a wild guess myself and say that this particular run is an extra run of some sorts. Maybe it's a run that has never been filled before up to this point in time. 

37 minutes ago, Master58 said:

4076 on the J14.  

Is there a reason why Chicago garage artics that were operating on the 20 then go on the J14 so randomly??? And why does this specifically happen on Friday's this is confusing and later that evening the artic buses are back on 20. This also reminds me of how much artics 103rd is missing from service which they need to gain back  

6 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Is there a reason why Chicago garage artics that were operating on the 20 then go on the J14 so randomly??? And why does this specifically happen on Friday's this is confusing and later that evening the artic buses are back on 20. This also reminds me of how much artics 103rd is missing from service which they need to gain back  

I was wondering the exact same thing.  I noticed this pattern.  This is exactly why 103rd needs their artics back. 4046 was on the 3 today.  So I'm guessing 4076 is filling in for today. 

11 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Are the block IDs the same everytime? 

10 minutes ago, Master58 said:

I was wondering the exact same thing.  I noticed this pattern.  This is exactly why 103rd needs their artics back. 4046 was on the 3 today.  So I'm guessing 4076 is filling in for today. 

18 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Well before Chicago got artics back they’ve done this before (seen a 8100 on J14 a few years back) so it’s probably a thing where chicago is the only garage that can spare an emergency driver/bus in the PM rush since 77th can only spare buses to 103rd or whoever needs in the AM rush.

1 hour ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Maybe cuz the 20 & j14 basically run into each other so a C driver can just quicky switch to a 3 route for a few runs then switch back to the 20 

17 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Thats what I'm thinking