More Bus Moves

sw4400

On 10/8/2021 at 12:58 AM, Sam92 said:

Maybe some runs got shared with another garage that we haven’t known about. I’ve seen a few NP westerns on some weekends recently but those were supposedly a weekday only thing to make up for Archer closing. I wanna say something wild considering @YoungBusLoversaid some runs got made longer or shorter; what if this particular artic run repeatedly showing up was a former school tripper that got rehooked into staying on Damen the full run to save a bus or fuel vs maybe doing a school run then deadheading to do an express. With a block ID of 551 that seems early enough to handle a school dismissal. Biggest question is why are buses steadily using another garage block ID

Probably so 

12 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

yea these are extras for the 3 

You're correct I found out this evening that the 3 has some extra runs being used for some kind of event in the downtown area this week but I'm sure as to what specifically. Apparently 103rd is helping out as well with 77th from what one operator told me. 

7 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

The 82 has runs that are supposed to start at Belmont?

Some 77 runs were rehooked into some 134 and 156s ending at Belmont for crowd relief. Instead of hoping back on lake shore to kedzie they do a run to kimball then run to the garage as an 82

1 hour ago, Sam92 said:

Some 77 runs were rehooked into some 134 and 156s ending at Belmont for crowd relief. Instead of hoping back on lake shore to kedzie they do a run to kimball then run to the garage as an 82

38 minutes ago, Policeman said:

156 ends at Belmont/Halsted

77 starts at either Belmont/Halsted or Lake shore/Diversey and ends at Belmont/Kimball (Belmont Blue Line)

82 starts at Belmont Blue Line and ends at Congress

I had only asked cause I looked at the 82 schedule and saw there were trips ending at Homan/Congress, but totally missed that they indeed started at Belmont/Kimball. Thanks both

11 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I had only asked cause I looked at the 82 schedule and saw there were trips ending at Homan/Congress, but totally missed that they indeed started at Belmont/Kimball. Thanks both

Yeah that cause the Congress trips you see are probably the end of rush hour pull ins. These 77 trips are hidden cause they happen durin the times when the schedule is more from “a to b every 3-4 min” or whatever. The 5000s on blue in the afternoon are hidden the same way on one of the trips. 

2 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

Yeah that cause the Congress trips you see are probably the end of rush hour pull ins. These 77 trips are hidden cause they happen durin the times when the schedule is more from “a to b every 3-4 min” or whatever. The 5000s on blue in the afternoon are hidden the same way on one of the trips. 

sometimes you’ll even see a 82 from LWTC end a trip at congress it’s rare tho

11 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

sometimes you’ll even see a 82 from LWTC end a trip at congress it’s rare tho

Yeah looks like from the schedule the around the beginning of PM rush Kedzie spits them out at Congress but at the end they pull in from Cermak cause all the PM “C” trips ending at Congress in the PM rush are the runs starting as 77s from the blue line. I can’t tell if NP is still doing the school runs to Congress that interline with an express cause last timetable that has then marked is from 2017. When I lived over there I remember a lot of 82s ending at Cermak so im sure those are the ones that started at Congress going NB since you can go to Pulaski and hit the garage from there 

21 minutes ago, sht6131 said:

NP is still doing  school trips mostly with artics. I think there are three. I know at least two. You can confirm this by CTA bus tracker or Maths22 TransSee real time arrivals.

Ok so they’re just mixed in somewhere  I figured. So those still gotta be ending at Congress and doing a 136 or 147