More Bus Moves

sw4400

I can confirm on BusTracker that during the PM rush, Kedzie is still operating at least one run on the #62 (with an artic, of course); otherwise, nearly all buses on the #62 are from 74th. Also, NP artics are run on the #56, #92 and #152 (all primarily FG routes) during PM rush. That is reflected in the garage/route lists posted on this site.

... Also, NP artics are run on the #56, #92 and #152 (all primarily FG routes) during PM rush. That is reflected in the garage/route lists posted on this site.

Which goes back to if the two north side "garages" are interchangeable, whether it makes any difference if FG can or will be able to handle artics in the future. Also, CTA will probably then have to get another TIGGER grant (or other funding) for more outlets at NP in which to plug in the hybrids overnight.

I was of the impression that it was self-insured, but CTA usually has to pay.

CTA will write you out a check if you are injured and have proof from a doctor. But from what I heard someone else say they frown upon anyone talking to the media. They pay pretty good if what I heard is true.

Well on a lighter note and in a bit of CTA weirdness, Forest Glen ran 519 on the 84 Peterson this morning during the height of rush hour. A 40 foot bus is usually crammed to the gills on this route on its eastern half all the way up to the Bryn Mawr Red Line station, so it was pretty odd to see a 30 foot bus running the route during a busy rush period.

I can confirm on BusTracker that during the PM rush, Kedzie is still operating at least one run on the #62 (with an artic, of course); otherwise, nearly all buses on the #62 are from 74th. Also, NP artics are run on the #56, #92 and #152 (all primarily FG routes) during PM rush. That is reflected in the garage/route lists posted on this site.

Well North Park did have one 40 foot bus on the 152 during the PM rush today: #1404.

CTA will write you out a check if you are injured and have proof from a doctor. But from what I heard someone else say they frown upon anyone talking to the media. They pay pretty good if what I heard is true.

It depends on whether the two sides settle. If it is anything big, it goes to litigation, and CTA claims not to be the pushover that it once was. However, the notice of claim requirement, which resulted in a lot of lawsuits being dismissed, was repealed a couple of years ago.

Well on a lighter note and in a bit of CTA weirdness, Forest Glen ran 519 on the 84 Peterson this morning during the height of rush hour. A 40 foot bus is usually crammed to the gills on this route on its eastern half all the way up to the Bryn Mawr Red Line station, so it was pretty odd to see a 30 foot bus running the route during a busy rush period.

Only thing that I can think of was the Red Line delays required shuttle bus service this morning, making Forest Glen loan a few 40' buses for emergency service through the affected areas. I don't know if shuttle buses were used as I caught the tail end of the alert.

#4063, #4064 are out on the #6 right now, so either all the transfers have yet to move, (we'll see what happens by Monday) or only part of the #4060's are transferring at this time. Regardless though now NP is going to have somewhere in the neighborhood of 120 artics!!

Yes funny how i get 4064 but not a 4300. That is my luck!

Enjoy it while you can, looks like the #6 is going exclusive #4300's. But there is still #4098 which is not wrapped, (must have been at South Shops or something when they were wrapping buses) unless you do trips on the #J14, but they might try to replace those buses next. Pretty soon you might be saying "I remember when I used to drive those buses" :lol:

Only thing that I can think of was the Red Line delays required shuttle bus service this morning, making Forest Glen loan a few 40' buses for emergency service through the affected areas. I don't know if shuttle buses were used as I caught the tail end of the alert.

Not likely because every other bus on the route was a 40 foot bus, And the last few rounds of bus shuttles for any Red Line or Brown Line disruption from what I have seen have been done with articulated buses from North Park. This just appeared to be a random fluke much like the one report some time ago by someone else of an Optima operating on the 22 during rush hour during that brief period that North Park operated Optima buses.

Looks like not all of the 4060s are going to NP. NP will likely get 4064-4069 out of the 4060s, while 4058-4063 will go to Kedzie.

And I still question the logic of cramming more artics into two garages that DO NOT need more while 77th is sitting there with plenty of space yet still gets zero. Honestly I get you have to find somewhere to put artics that the 4300s displaced, but why aren't displaced artics going to 77th especially with all this yin yang from CTA about reducing crowds with this latest restructuring of bus routes?

And I still question the logic of cramming more artics into two garages that DO NOT need more while 77th is sitting there with plenty of space yet still gets zero. Honestly I get you have to find somewhere to put artics that the 4300s displaced, but why aren't displaced artics going to 77th especially with all this yin yang from CTA about reducing crowds with this latest restructuring of bus routes?

You may be right about the artics. After the 4300-4399 group of buses gets fully delivered, I believe that the CTA should not order any more artics (at least for the foreseeable future).

You may be right about the artics. After the 4300-4399 group of buses gets fully delivered, I believe that the CTA should not order any more artics (at least for the foreseeable future).

Except that the requisition is out there. Now, unless it turns out to be the fraud that the 900 articulated bus requisition did............

My thoughts exactly. Where do they think they would store them beyond that when not in service given they only have seven garages now and not the eight they had when the questionable up to 900 business we all discussed four years ago was floating about? Sure they're speaking of retrofitting Chicago and 74th to be artic capable but that's not likely to be done before 2015 by some reports. And Forest Glen not only has the maintenance issue of the prior two but it also has space constraints created by its current layout that can't be fixed anytime soon with how the increased real estate development in the surrounding area further boxing it in from what CTA5750 is able to tell us from his living near there. Also the fact that 103rd is pushing out unwrapped 4000s as 4300s come in already shows that they have a limit to how many artics they think are needed there beyond serving the 6 and J14 despite there being the 26 and what are still technically express runs of the 28 to downtown.

Ignorance of the passenger, nothing done by the operator... route:152, bus: 6757

Plus you didn't make clear what was the issue. The walker blocking the aisle or the belongings on the seat? Were you trying to convey that the belongings on the seat was blocking someone who used a walker from sitting down? As unlikely as it sounds for all anyone else knows, the belongings could have belonged to the walker using passenger as I've been on buses where folks got on with walkers packed with belongings and their range of motion displayed suggesting that they had no real use of the walker other than transporting all the stuff they brought on the bus.

• Upvote 2

My thoughts exactly. Where do they think they would store them beyond that when not in service given they only have seven garages now and not the eight they had when the questionable up to 900 business we all discussed four years ago was floating about? Sure they're speaking of retrofitting Chicago and 74th to be artic capable but that's not likely to be done before 2015 by some reports. And Forest Glen not only has the maintenance issue of the prior two but it also has space constraints created by its current layout that can't be fixed anytime soon with how the increased real estate development in the surrounding area further boxing it in from what CTA5750 is able to tell us from his living near there. Also the fact that 103rd is pushing out unwrapped 4000s as 4300s come in already shows that they have a limit to how many artics they think are needed there beyond serving the 6 and J14 despite there being the 26 and what are still technically express runs of the 28 to downtown.

In addition, not all of the short trips on the #151 operated from Kedzie have been run with artics. In fact, today quite a few of those runs were operated with 40-footers.

Therefore, I think that the next pick Kedzie will lose many if not most of its artics to 77th, and in return might receive some Novas (that were never officially based there since their arrival in 2000-2001) - or more likely, additional 1000-series (40-foot) NF buses transferred from other garages.

In addition, not all of the short trips on the #151 operated from Kedzie have been run with artics. In fact, today quite a few of those runs were operated with 40-footers.

Therefore, I think that the next pick Kedzie will lose many if not most of its artics to 77th, and in return might receive some Novas (that were never officially based there since their arrival in 2000-2001) - or more likely, additional 1000-series (40-foot) NF buses transferred from other garages.

I'm surprised that Kedzie didn't lose artics with this pick. With 145 gone and 148 completely at NP, the only routes left at the garage that seem to still use them are primarily 134, 143 PM trips, 151 short trips, and 156 on weekdays and the 12 and 151 short trips on weekends. Kedzie had been using them on the 120s Metra expresses, mostly the 125, but that has been on the decrease even before this pick. Now 120, 121 and 125 appear to be using more 40 foot buses compared to artics now that Kedzie has full assignment of them.

Honestly I can't see Kedzie losing any artics. I would imagine once 103rd is maxed with artics, the remainder of the not yet delivered 4300s will go to 77th, which shoyld also get 1st dibs on any subsequent deliveries of new artics from the next batch of buses.