CTA Rail Service Alerts

sw4400

On Sunday, March 1, the Brown Line will run through the State St. subway and end at Roosevelt. There will be a Loop Shuttle Train running counter-clockwise in the Loop, and a shuttle bus that stops near the normal Brown Line stops. Brown Line trains will still operate normally between Fullerton and Kimball. Link, with image.

This work is for the Ravenswood Connector Rehabilitation Project.

I took advantage of it and it was definitely a nice ride while riding the 3200s underground. Some passengers looked very lost and confused though! :lol:

post-1364-0-17607300-1425249327_thumb.jp

• Upvote 1

I took advantage of it and it was definitely a nice ride while riding the 3200s underground. Some passengers looked very lost and confused though! :lol:

Very cool, thanks for sharing! Do you remember what the roll signs for the southbound trains were? The map in my link showed that the trains would only go as far as Roosevelt, but Train Tracker is/was showing trains as far south as Garfield. You can also see the Loop train. It's Run 741.

• Upvote 1

Very cool, thanks for sharing! Do you remember what the roll signs for the southbound trains were? The map in my link showed that the trains would only go as far as Roosevelt, but Train Tracker is/was showing trains as far south as Garfield. You can also see the Loop train. It's Run 741.

The roll signs were "Roosevelt" despite having another alternative in which they could've use the black "Downtown" sign.

3/1/15 11:55p

Upcoming Rail Alert For 3/2/15 @ 9a until 3p

Rail Line(s) Affected: Green

Level Of Service Interruption: Minor Delays

Information: Trains in both directions will operate on the same track between Garfield and Cottage Grove.

This is due to track maintenance to ensure that trains continue to operate safely along the Green Line.

3/3/15 2:35p

Upcoming Rail Alert For 3/3/15 @ 9a until 3p

Information: Trains in both directions will operate on the same track between Garfield and Cottage Grove.

This is due to track maintenance to ensure that trains continue to operate safely along the Green Line.

This weather is making half of the rail lines act up.

• Yellow Line: Suspended due to a stalled train at Oakton-Skokie.
  • Pink Line: Runs between 54th/Cermak and Ashland only.
  • Green Line: Trains to 63rd St. delayed, work between Garfield and 63rd/Cottage Grove cancelled, mechanical problems at Conservatory-Central Park Dr.
  • Purple Line: Service between Foster and Linden is delayed.

This weather is making half of the rail lines act up.

• Yellow Line: Suspended due to a stalled train at Oakton-Skokie.
  • Pink Line: Runs between 54th/Cermak and Ashland only.
  • Green Line: Trains to 63rd St. delayed, work between Garfield and 63rd/Cottage Grove cancelled, mechanical problems at Conservatory-Central Park Dr.
  • Purple Line: Service between Foster and Linden is delayed.

Tribune article, where for once, instead of the "mechanical problems" twaddle, CTA came out an said that it was ice buildup, either on the third rail or on the running rails on inclines.

Since most of these lines run 5000s, I wonder if there is a problem with keeping contact with the third rail to a greater extent than with other cars, or just that these are light lines that don't break the ice as well as the heavier ones do.

Update: For whatever the shell of the Sun-Times is worth, it has some good pictures of evacuating a train at 37th.

Tribune article, where for once, instead of the "mechanical problems" twaddle, CTA came out an said that it was ice buildup, either on the third rail or on the running rails on inclines.

Since most of these lines run 5000s, I wonder if there is a problem with keeping contact with the third rail to a greater extent than with other cars, or just that these are light lines that don't break the ice as well as the heavier ones do.

I'm going with the latter (lines being light) since the Red Line is mostly 5000's save for one or two consists of 2600's thrown in

The 37th Street train has also been on video. The Sun-Times article Busjack posted also has it. Lots of blue lights and a white light on the train (referring to the status lights).

I don't wonder why passengers were crossing between cars, but I wonder why it looks like the cars are uncoupled and the chains are down.

I don't wonder why passengers were crossing between cars, but I wonder why it looks like the cars are uncoupled and the chains are down.

Good question. Looking at the video again, I noticed that the trains that are split apart have both their red marker lights on. One car has its headlights on too, but I can't tell if the other set has its lights on.

Seems like that just gave the 2600s and 3200s some hope since no problems reported on Orange and Brown Lines! :rolleyes:B)

I also didn't see anything on the Blue Line. :ph34r:

Good question. Looking at the video again, I noticed that the trains that are split apart have both their red marker lights on. One car has its headlights on too, but I can't tell if the other set has its lights on.

Since you mentioned it, maybe they passengers are transferring to the other train mentioned in the two articles.

Got a friend on the Green Line reporting his train has been delayed for 15+ minutes due to a stuck train at Madison/Wabash.

Harlem bound Green Line trains and Brown Line Trains are rerouted. Brown Line trains are running clockwise, and Harlem bound Green Line trains are using the Wells and Van Buren sides of the Loop. CTA Link

Update: The reroute is over, but there still are delays.

3/4/15 2:18a

Upcoming Rail Alert For 3/4/15 @ 9a until 3p

3/5/15 2:20a

Upcoming Rail Alert For 3/5/15 @ 9a until 3p

3/6/15 6:34p

Upcoming Rail Alert For 3/6/15 @ 9p until 3/9/15 @ 4a

Rail Line(s) Affected: Red

Level Of Service Interruption: --

Information: Howard-bound trains will not stop at Wilson, Lawrence, Argyle, Berwyn, Bryn Mawr, Thorndale or Granville.

• Service from these stations: Take a 95th-bound train to Sheridan and transfer to a Howard-bound train.
  • Service to these stations: Take a Howard-bound train to Loyola and transfer to a 95th-bound train.

• Note: At Sheridan, Howard-bound trains will stop at their normal platform, but board/exit trains on the outer tracks instead of the inner track.

This is due to track and signal improvements on the Red Line

3/6/15 6:56p

Upcoming Rail Alert For 3/6/15 @ 10p until 3/9/15 @ 4a

Rail Line(s) Affected: Blue

Information: Weekend maintenance is being performed in the Dearborn St. Subway. Information on how service is affected follows......

• 10p Friday to 1a Saturday and 3a to 4a Monday: Trains in both directions will operate on the same track between Racine and Jackson. Board/Exit all trains on the Forest Park-bound side of the platform at UIC-Halsted, Clinton and LaSalle
  • 1a to 5a Saturday and 2a to 3a Monday: Trains in both directions will operate on the same track between Racine and Grand. Board/Exit all trains on the Forest Park-bound side of the platform at UIC-Halsted, Clinton, LaSalle, Jackson, Monroe, Washington and Clark/Lake
  • 5a Saturday to 1a Sunday and 1a to 2a Monday: Trains in both directions will operate on the same track between LaSalle and Grand. Board/Exit all trains on the Forest Park-bound side of the platform at Jackson, Monroe, Washington and Clark/Lake
  • 1a to 5a Sunday and 12:01a to 1a Monday: Trains in both directions will operate on the same track between LaSalle and Damen. Board/Exit all trains on the Forest Park-bound side of the platform at Jackson, Monroe, Washington, Clark/Lake, Grand, Chicago and Division
  • 5a-11:59p Sunday: Trains in both directions will operate on the same track between Grand and Damen. Board/Exit all trains on the Forest Park-bound platform at Grand, Chicago, and Division