More New Flyers

newport

I'm kinda wondering where the rest of the new buses are going or if 103rd is going to have all 100 of them.

Only if 103rd had 100 of the 4000's before. A portion of the D60LFR's will go to another artic-capable garage, which would currently be Kedzie or North Park. 77th is out until they clear out the NABI junk that is taking up all their articulated space appearantly.

Only if 103rd had 100 of the 4000's before. A portion of the D60LFR's will go to another artic-capable garage, which would currently be Kedzie or North Park. 77th is out until they clear out the NABI junk that is taking up all their articulated space appearantly.

Not sure whenever that's going to happen.

Again you are off base. The junk is in the outside dead lot. Live buses haven't been there, at least for the last 15 years. Any live ones would go into one of the two barns

IIRC, you said you wouldn't go into that neighborhood to check it out.

Again you are off base. The junk is in the outside dead lot. Live buses haven't been there, at least for the last 15 years. Any live ones would go into one of the two barns

If true, then why have artics been removed from 77th, a garage that has housed NABI and New Flyer artics?

IIRC, you said you wouldn't go into that neighborhood to check it out.

Quite correct... I don't have a car, so I'm not going to venture to those areas.

If true, then why have artics been removed from 77th, a garage that has housed NABI and New Flyer artics?

Apparently someone thought, when service was cut 20%, to consolidate 6 Jackson Park and its articulated buses at 103rd. Didn't make sense to me at the time.

Also, there weren't enough 4000s to reinstate artic service on 79th.

Quite correct... I don't have a car, so I'm not going to venture to those areas.

Get off the Red Line at 79th while it is still available. But, if not, don't make blanket assertions about what is where there.

With 100 new buses being assigned to 103rd, hopefully south side residents can finally stop complaining they dont get newer buses!!

Again, we haven't yet established more than about 30 of them. Also, that south side riders would ever stop complaining. They aren't putting them on 3 and 4, at least not as of yet.

With 100 new buses being assigned to 103rd, hopefully south side residents can finally stop complaining they dont get newer buses!!

I haven't seen anyone from the south side make that complaint in years. Not since the NF 1000s started coming in in full force across the system. And if you look at the age of most of the buses in the few years before that in the south side garages outside of 77th with had the Novas, the complaint was justified. What could possibly make Huberman think that having nothing but 6000s at 74th was going to fly with people while other parts of the city were getting 1000s rolling on the streets? And if you look at 103rd, they had the NABIs which were discovered to be junk as well despite being new, the 4400s and 5300s. Also where does everyone keep getting this insane idea that all 100 new artics are going to 103rd? Especially given that 103rd doesn't have that many routes outside of the 6 and 14 where arctics wouldn't be running empty. Keep in mind that most of 103rd's local bus routes are concentrated in the far southeast side of the city and aren't that long.

So then something is going to happen to the #4000's on #J14.

Maybe. Maybe not. That's only three buses mentioned and there are at least three unwrapped 4000s at 103rd: the two remaining 4060s and 4098 (which I was surprised to see still unwrapped this morning). It depends on how many deliveries out of this 100 artics get placed at 103rd. On another note, when I spotted 4318 in service southbound on the 6, it seems its destination sign was stuck on a J14 northbound destination.

Maybe. Maybe not. That's only three buses mentioned and there are at least three unwrapped 4000s at 103rd: the two remaining 4060s and 4098 (which I was surprised to see still unwrapped this morning). It depends on how many deliveries out of this 100 artics get placed at 103rd. On another note, when I spotted 4318 in service southbound on the 6, it seems its destination sign was stuck on a J14 northbound destination.

There was one that was stuck on the old #14 sign. As far as the three buses (#4064, #4063, #4098) #4063 is currently on the #147. #4061 is too. (not a Kedzie bus) Looks like 103rd will at least get 50 #4300's. I don't think 103rd is keeping the #4000's.

There was one that was stuck on the old #14 sign. As far as the three buses (#4064, #4063, #4098) #4063 is currently on the #147. #4061 is too. (not a Kedzie bus) Looks like 103rd will at least get 50 #4300's. I don't think 103rd is keeping the #4000's.

I just noticed the reports of the last of the 4060s being transferred out as of this morning after I made my prior post in the thread. If we start seeing the Jump 4000s move then you might be right about whether they keep any 4000s.

Are you sure you saw 4098 cause just earlier today I saw that bus on the 6 it was wrapped in the J14 blue but you can tell they unwrapped it again. But if you saw that then I guess 4098 had its last hurrah at 103rd garage and is now at a new place.

Are you sure you saw 4098 cause just earlier today I saw that bus on the 6 it was wrapped in the J14 blue but you can tell they unwrapped it again. But if you saw that then I guess 4098 had its last hurrah at 103rd garage and is now at a new place.

He was referring to the last two 4060s at 103rd and now at NP as of today. 4098 was on the 6 all day, and when I saw it this morning it was indeed unwrapped.

So obviously NP replaced the 20 Novas it got rid of with exactly 20 artics from 103rd, and 4060 and 4061 were merely loaners while at K, which means K now doesn't have room for any more artics. So unless K gets rid of the artics it has now, you can forget about K getting any 4300s.

4319 was showing the old 14 destination. Caught it on Michigan at Congress yesterday morning. No paper sign in window. At least the operator did tell me it was actually a 6 given that the J14 stops at the same stop.

4309 was showing "Not in Service" again no paper sign in window! Little confusing on State St.

4319 was showing the old 14 destination. Caught it on Michigan at Congress yesterday morning. No paper sign in window. At least the operator did tell me it was actually a 6 given that the J14 stops at the same stop.

4309 was showing "Not in Service" again no paper sign in window! Little confusing on State St.

At least the buses do tell you what they are verbally, when the door opens. I haven't seen #4311 lately, maybe their working on it's sign. (probably a defect off the line) BTW, #4062 is at NP. Haven't seen #4064 yet.

So obviously NP replaced the 20 Novas it got rid of with exactly 20 artics from 103rd, and 4060 and 4061 were merely loaners while at K, which means K now doesn't have room for any more artics. So unless K gets rid of the artics it has now, you can forget about K getting any 4300s.

Yeah, but didn't Kedzie get #4058-59? Or did they go to NP now too?

Wont see 4319 on the street for sometime after last night someone mess up the right side wings on it. About ten feet of it is gone.