CTA 'L' Rosters

sw4400

I think what's going to happen is the last #5000's will go to the Orange line and when the Red line 130th extension opens those cars will go to the Red line and the Orange would then get #7000's. Otherwise they are going to have an incompatible fleet on the Orange line for at least 25-40 years.

Before the Red Line extension, many more cars will the Red Line need for its use of 10-car trains?

Including both 10-car trains AND the 130th Street extension, how many additional cars TOTAL will be needed?

Before the Red Line extension, many more cars will the Red Line need for its use of 10-car trains?

Including both 10-car trains AND the 130th Street extension, how many additional cars TOTAL will be needed?

10 cars trains are fantasy as yet due to no plan, the 130th extension is 84 cars pretty close to what the orange line should end up with for #5000's. If they did go with ten car trains that would probably mean using either the green or pink lines #5000 stock and making those #7000 lines. If you figure on 284 cars is needed for red line service and added 2 cars per train a pretty close estimate would be about 60 cars more on top of the 84 for the 130th extension. So the red line would have around 520 cars counting spares.

10 cars trains are fantasy as yet due to no plan, the 130th extension is 84 cars pretty close to what the orange line should end up with for #5000's. If they did go with ten car trains that would probably mean using either the green or pink lines #5000 stock and making those #7000 lines. If you figure on 284 cars is needed for red line service and added 2 cars per train a pretty close estimate would be about 60 cars more on top of the 84 for the 130th extension. So the red line would have around 520 cars counting spares.

Getting to the other thread, CTA would really tee off 5750 by putting the by then feces encrusted 5000s on the Blue Line in 2021 and putting the 7000s where the 5000s are now.

I don't know the CTA is so slow on building the 130th extension, it may be 2025 before we see that. It would take 4 years at least to construct, that's how long it took the Orange line. Then they have to finance it and they actually seem to be doing better with this Core Capacity finance plan to reconstruct the north main. I see that happening first. Regardless it's going to be hard to make all the lines have either 5 or 7000's. Someone will most likely end up with the incompatible equipment. BTW, a friend passed me a picture of the mixed fleets at midway yard.

post-304-0-68613300-1403498005_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 5

I don't know the CTA is so slow on building the 130th extension, it may be 2025 before we see that. It would take 4 years at least to construct, that's how long it took the Orange line. Then they have to finance it and they actually seem to be doing better with this Core Capacity finance plan to reconstruct the north main. I see that happening first. Regardless it's going to be hard to make all the lines have either 5 or 7000's. Someone will most likely end up with the incompatible equipment. BTW, a friend passed me a picture of the mixed fleets at midway yard.

attachicon.gif the orange line assortment.jpg

What a great family photo the last 3 series of the high performances cars, the 3200 at the end looks like a rehabbed one either that or its missing a sign, too dark to see, or it has the LED signs now cause that's how the 5k's look when they are not powered up.

FYI Orange line 2400 series number 2563-2564 don't have roller sets, it's an empty space. So my random question: does this mean they're transferring the roller sets from the 2400 series to the 2600 when they complete stock transfers? Also when they transfer the roller sets, does this mean that married set from the 2400 series will be or is considered 'retired'?

FYI Orange line 2400 series number 2563-2564 don't have roller sets, it's an empty space. So my random question: does this mean they're transferring the roller sets from the 2400 series to the 2600 when they complete stock transfers? Also when they transfer the roller sets, does this mean that married set from the 2400 series will be or is considered 'retired'?

Probably because the 2400s are retired. However, the 2600s won't need them if the roller set contains the 2 orange line terminals among the 15 signs. Update: Also the Brown Line signs, which I assume.

Ok my version of the roster should be updated now. We still have a few descrepancies regarding the 58 to 54 #2400 cars. I added in garmon's sighting of #2871-72 on purple and i'm still on the fence about #2637-38. Garmon says he saw it at midway and I can't seem to find it on the Blue line. So...

When will the chicago-l.org assignment page be updated?

Who knows lol your best bet would be just to go to page one of this topic cause that page on Chicago-l.org gets updated like once every few yrs lol. If you go to page one of this topic you'll see the updated roster.

Why does it take so long between updates?

He probably doesn't have the time to update them as often as he would like to. Also the 5000 series are still being delivered so he's probably waiting till they're fully delivered before he updates the roster again cause then hell know exactly which train series is on what line and so forth. I hope that answered your question or at least helped : ).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...