CTA 'L' Rosters

sw4400

There are 8 #5000 trains today on purple and 4 #2600 trains.

Yeah I noticed for a couple weeks now that 5000 consists have been outnumbering the 2600 series trains on the Purple Line. Now it's even more rare for me to board a Purple Line Express that's not a train of 5000s after a spring and summer of moving from a 50/50 chance of hopping on a 2400 or 2600 series car to just about always getting a seat on a 2600 car once the 2400s on the line dwindled down to the set used as a work train.

Yeah I noticed for a couple weeks now that 5000 consists have been outnumbering the 2600 series trains on the Purple Line. Now it's even more rare for me to board a Purple Line Express that's not a train of 5000s after a spring and summer of moving from a 50/50 chance of hopping on a 2400 or 2600 series car to just about always getting a seat on a 2600 car once the 2400s on the line dwindled down to the set used as a work train.

I wonder where they sticking all these cars on the purple and red. They don't seem to be retiring #2600's. The blue line don't need them at 406 cars. I can only surmise the #2600 fleet is growing on the red line cause really with 4 #2600's consists needed on purple and maybe a spare that's roughly 30 cars in comparison to the roster which shows the purple line in the 70's. Red line with it's 360 cars probably is using the purple line spares else they would be short especially in light of sightings of #5000's on the green line lately.

haven't seen that one yet. Looks like the purple line's going to end up with the #5400's.

I'm guessing at least mid 5500s for the purple line.

Yeah but however the 5000s on the Purple Line ends up though, it does look like with reports of 5000s operating some of the Purple Line Shuttle runs now, with one report that late evening service had gone all 5000s in a few cases, that pretty soon even 2600s will be a rare sight on the Purple Line like back in the days when mostly 2400s were used to operate that line's service schedule.

Yeah but however the 5000s on the Purple Line ends up though, it does look like with reports of 5000s operating some of the Purple Line Shuttle runs now, with one report that late evening service had gone all 5000s in a few cases, that pretty soon even 2600s will be a rare sight on the Purple Line like back in the days when mostly 2400s were used to operate that line's service schedule.

Well, the 5000s on the Purple Line I saw yesterday and this morning were:

5405-12, 5415-28, 5447-50, 5457-58, and 5463-78.

I think I saw a Goose Island Green Line Ale wrapped pair Wednesday.

The cars were part of a Red Line train though. :lol:

Has anyone seen a Green Line Ale wrap on the Green Line?

I remember the CTA advertising the Green Line and destinations close to the line with little ads...on the Purple Line...

Example from ChicagoL.org

I think I saw a Goose Island Green Line Ale wrapped pair Wednesday.

The cars were part of a Red Line train though. :lol:

Has anyone seen a Green Line Ale wrap on the Green Line?

There is a Goose Island 312 wrap on a Blue Line train. I did not get the train consist number. It was a second trainset on an 8-car train. I was on a train running the other direction. I was partially pixilated from having drunk a few Green Line ales at the Cove Lounge in Hyde Park. ;)

There is a Goose Island 312 wrap on a Blue Line train. I did not get the train consist number. It was a second trainset on an 8-car train. I was on a train running the other direction. I was partially pixilated from having drunk a few Green Line ales at the Cove Lounge in Hyde Park. ;)

This one, or is 312 different from Green Line? This train was the second set in the consist.

post-1461-0-08864400-1406936015_thumb.jp

One of the cars is 3039.

This one, or is 312 different from Green Line? This train was the second set in the consist.

attachicon.gifIMG_0135.jpg

One of the cars is 3039.

312 is a different beer, also is brewed in 315.

The description of Green Line is here. It is only a draft beer, while 312 is sold in bottles. But in a sense, it doesn't make sense to sell Green Line in Wrigley Field.

312 is a different beer, also is brewed in 315.

The description of Green Line is here. It is only a draft beer, while 312 is sold in bottles. But in a sense, it doesn't make sense to sell Green Line in Wrigley Field.

Oh OK, thanks. I'm just a tad short of the legal drinking age, so I don't know much about what's out there.

Hmmm, in light of that Bushunter might have something about the Purple Line using mainly 5400s.

the #5427-28 sighting would be interesting. I just rode that car on Monday in the state street subway.

I don't know guys. It might be a temporary scenario until the production is complete. My only concern is that if the 5400s sticks with the Purple Line then how is this going to play out for the Red Line and/or another line?

I don't know guys. It might be a temporary scenario until the production is complete. My only concern is that if the 5400s sticks with the Purple Line then how is this going to play out for the Red Line and/or another line?

Again, at this point, the assumption has to be that Howard Yard sends out what it has.

Has it been reported yet that 2600s are off the Red Line?

Again, at this point, the assumption has to be that Howard Yard sends out what it has.

Has it been reported yet that 2600s are off the Red Line?

Well if you're referring to the red line equipment no, only #5400's assigned goes out on the Purple. I've only seen borrowed #5000's one time on the Purple. Now the yellow always get borrowed cars. #2600's on the Red: In fact that's growing slightly, they have been running a few #2700's from the Purple so actually they are the extra borrowed cars, but alot of those #2600's stay in at Howard yard now, at least 20-30 cars in the rush.