CTA 'L' Rosters

sw4400

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Someone needs to update the 2600 series roster again:

For the past few weeks 2679-2680 and 2943-2944 have been on the Orange Line. I have not seen 2941-2942 in service recently, which means that they may be on long-term hold.

Also, the 5000 series assignments have shifted:

Cars 5051-5056 are now officially assigned to the Pink Line while cars 5183-5186 were transferred from the Red Line to the Green Line.

Edited by RJL6000

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, briman94 said:

No, the Pink, Green, Red, Yellow, and Purple lines are all exclusively 5000s.

In fact, the Pink Line was the first to be 100% 5000-series cars, and hasn't operated any 2600-series since 2012.  The Red Line was the last line to operate both 2600-series and 5000-series cars until last year.

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, RJL6000 said:

That's because the Green Line borrows some of the Pink Line-assigned 5000s while sending a like number of its own 5000s to the Pink Line, on a periodic basis.

11 hours ago, busfan2847 said:

Yes I caught 5119 on the Pink Line earlier this week.

Green and Pink Lines shares 5001-5186 respectively. There isn't a set roster for both lines. 

• Upvote 1

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 6:55 AM, garmon757 said:

Green and Pink Lines shares 5001-5186 respectively. There isn't a set roster for both lines. 

Speaking of the shared Pink/Green fleets, I wonder why CTA doesn't introduce combined Pink/Green Line maps, similar to the combined Red/Purple/Yellow Line maps.  This would create less confusion, since some Pink Line riders may get confused if they see Green Line maps inside or vice-versa.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Pink Jazz said:

Speaking of the shared Pink/Green fleets, I wonder why CTA doesn't introduce combined Pink/Green Line maps, similar to the combined Red/Purple/Yellow Line maps.  This would create less confusion, since some Pink Line riders may get confused if they see Green Line maps inside or vice-versa.

You have a such valid point indeed but hell, I don't know. I don't work for them.

2 hours ago, Pink Jazz said:

Every time I have been on a nominally Green Line car on the Pink Line they have Pink Line maps including 5119 last week.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/23/2016 at 0:22 PM, chgofan78 said:

5183-5184 have made their way back to the Red Line and are sitting on the north end of Howard yard. 

Not really sure what's going on with 5183-5184.   Two days ago, they were surrounded by Red Line cars.   This morning,  they are still sitting in the same spot,  but with 5035-5036 and 5073-5074.

3 hours ago, chgofan78 said:

Not really sure what's going on with 5183-5184.   Two days ago, they were surrounded by Red Line cars.   This morning,  they are still sitting in the same spot,  but with 5035-5036 and 5073-5074.

Pink and Green Line cars at Howard Yard..... wonder what's going on there.