7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

Yes, but how can you pass up the FutBol bus. How comes it doesn't say Goal!! on there is beyond me!! It has the bicycle kick, one of the coolest kicks in Futbol.

So i don't get no extra credit huh?

I'll give you extra credit with no strings attached to it.xD

#8100 = N/A

#8101 = 66

#8102 = 65

#8103 = 65

#8104 = 74

#8105 = N/A

#8106 = 20

#8107 = 66

So far, they seem to favor the 60's and 70's routes

I was beginning to wonder why none were on the #65 yet. That route has a high concentration of novas from Chicago. So what routes haven't seen a new nova? #54, #53, #37.

I have created a website which shows which 7900 series buses are currently in service, and which routes each of them are on.  It updates every 10 minutes with the latest data from the CTA's Bus Tracker.  Please let me know what you think.

http://maths22.com/cta/

It seems good for what it does.

On the "7900 Series All Buses," you should clarify that there is a result for buses that currently on Bus Tracker, as opposed to, say, all buses delivered, considering that Garmon and others have located other buses that have been delivered to the yards, but aren't on the street yet.

• Upvote 1

On the "7900 Series All Buses," you should clarify that there is a result for buses that currently on Bus Tracker, as opposed to, say, all buses delivered, considering that Garmon and others have located other buses that have been delivered to the yards, but aren't on the street yet.

I have updated the text.  It actually asks BusTracker for all buses from 7900-8199-BusTracker doesn't differentiate between offline buses and undelivered buses.

• Upvote 3

I have created a website which shows which 7900 series buses are currently in service, and which routes each of them are on.  It updates every 10 minutes with the latest data from the CTA's Bus Tracker.  Please let me know what you think.

Now we need something that will tell us when FG gets something, anything. 9_9:P

On 7/28/2015 at 2:06 PM, maths22 said:

I have created a version which covers all buses currently in service, for all series (I will soon adapt it to cover all buses out of service as well.)

https://maths22.com/cta/buses-in-service.xml

Edit: I misentered the 7900 series end bus (8101-8199 were hidden)

• Upvote 3

I was beginning to wonder why none were on the #65 yet. That route has a high concentration of novas from Chicago. So what routes haven't seen a new nova? #54, #53, #37.

I was surprised to see one on the #66, rush hour is usually artic time. If you look below, there seems to be an unusually high concentration of them on the 66, with all the buses at Chicago active, 50% are on the 66 and 50% of those are on Pulaski trips. Wonder what they are doing with those artics that are normally there? 

PM Rush (NCA = Not Currently Active):

8100: 20 to Ill. Ctr

8101: 54B to Solo Cup

8102: 66 to Austin

8103: 65 to Harlem

8104: 121 to Union Station

8105: 66 to Austin

8106: 66 to Pulaski

8107: 66 to Pulaski

8108: NCA

8109: NCA

8110: NCA

Edited by NewFlyerMCI
  • Upvote 1

I'm also wondering what routes at Chicago will more often get a full nova treatment, for instance, if you look at the #3, there are 23 novas currently running that route, which means that there are maybe (if any) 2 new flyers. There are other routes as, like the #8 or the #67, the #1 and #2 is run almost exclusively with novas now and half or more of the #94 is novas. As it looks now, #66 seems like it's being poised to get one, but there are too few buses at 5 to say for sure, unless almost all the active ones end up on the #66 at the same time.

I'm also wondering what routes at Chicago will more often get a full nova treatment, for instance, if you look at the #3, there are 23 novas currently running that route, which means that there are maybe (if any) 2 new flyers. There are other routes as, like the #8 or the #67, the #1 and #2 is run almost exclusively with novas now and half or more of the #94 is novas. As it looks now, #66 seems like it's being poised to get one, but there are too few buses at 5 to say for sure, unless almost all the active ones end up on the #66 at the same time.

66 is out of the question because it runs mostly artics.8105 is there now, but the rest are all 4000s.

The rest I bet are not the result of any intentional allocation.

• Upvote 1

I have created a version which covers all buses currently in service, for all series (I will soon adapt it to cover all buses out of service as well.)

http://maths22.com/cta/buses-in-service.php

This is actually very awesome (this should be in its own topic for easier reference) and is much easier than using BusTracker or Busfinder when looking for specific buses. I see this being used for finding rehabbed buses mostly, but is also good for tracking the movements of the new 8100's!

I wonder if there's a way to track what hasn't been on the tracker lately. Like say #8027 wasn't out in a week we'd know it was at the shop.

Unless CTA is like Pace used to be (i.e. the Transitmaster on while in the garage), you would have to do it by omission, i.e. keep a database of blanks in what his app reports.

Wow, #8103's ac was actually decent. #6867 has the ac cranking so good I was actually getting a headache or a brain freeze. I was looking at the ac holes on #6867. Maybe the holes are too small on the #7900's. I remember back when the tmc's had ac. The ones with more holes had the better ac. 

I have updated the text.  It actually asks BusTracker for all buses from 7900-8199-BusTracker doesn't differentiate between offline buses and undelivered buses.

http://maths22.com/cta/buses-in-service.php

Aren't you making my life easier!!! Welcome and thanks you for providing this extraordinary tool! Very much needed!

FG is getting screwed!!!  Thats what theyre getting!!! ;(

But they have the best air conditioned buses at CTA. They can do more with junk, than the other garages can do with new equipment!!

On the new bus/rehab bus front I am a bit concerned with all these #1000's moving around to other garages. It may actually be setting the stage for FG just to get the Chicago Novas. They might have to sing the cubs song, "wait til next year"!! But you would think they would get a trainer bus or two before the year was up, unless that's not the plan to send them the option, but I would really be shocked if they didn't get it.