7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

Yeah, not my best photography. I did better when I was at Sedgwick/brown line. I've been pretty lucky not using my better camera for these shots so far. As it becomes winter and I start losing the light I'll have to go back to it, but i might not be taking alot of pictures after another 4-6 weeks unless I defect to Pace, so maybe not.

BusHunter,

It is time for your subpar photos to Rest...... In....... Peace...... O.o:PxD

• Upvote 1

Well, I guess he did.

Wasn't really worthy of a Vinnie Mac termination, and I couldn't find anyone else firing to the camera like that good 1st person shot. So, I had to use something, and the Undertaker's chilling entrance and throat slash came to mind.....

Honestly, I haven't used it in awhile though.... somebody with a subpar photo in the future might get their walking notice from Mr. McMahon though.... *Looks at BusHunter and garmon757*

Wasn't really worthy of a Vinnie Mac termination, and I couldn't find anyone else firing to the camera like that good 1st person shot. So, I had to use something, and the Undertaker's chilling entrance and throat slash came to mind.....

Honestly, I haven't used it in awhile though.... somebody with a subpar photo in the future might get their walking notice from Mr. McMahon though.... *Looks at BusHunter and garmon757*

I guess you didn't get the point that some undertaker got a real stiff formerly of the WWE. See like here.

I was on #8086 yesterday afternoon, and the A/C was working pretty good in it. Interior was a comfortable temperature.

I was noticing on the #8100's, the front is cooler than the rear galley area. That would be strange considering you are closer to the air conditioning vents in the back of the bus, also the volume of area is smaller, so it should cool faster.

I was noticing on the #8100's, the front is cooler than the rear galley area. That would be strange considering you are closer to the air conditioning vents in the back of the bus, also the volume of area is smaller, so it should cool faster.

I borrowed one of your photos to make a diagram.... the back of the Novas is not where the A/C is on these buses. They look different than the 2001-2002 models, but they are pretty much similar. The HVAC A/C Unit is roof-mounted like before. That unit on the back is the E-Cooling Unit that has to do with the engine cooling.

8113 Diagram.jpg

I borrowed one of your photos to make a diagram.... the back of the Novas is not where the A/C is on these buses. They look different than the 2001-2002 models, but they are pretty much similar. The HVAC A/C Unit is roof-mounted like before. That unit on the back is the E-Cooling Unit that has to do with the engine cooling.

8113 Diagram.jpg

I meant closer to the interior vents, not the air conditioner itself. But you do make a point that the air conditioner is in the front. That would be more evidence of a not so good blower motor.

8113 Diagram.jpg

Ok Bill Nye the Science Guy! xD :P

• Upvote 2

This morning I was watching the news they were saying CTA is buying 125 new buses  and I hope is true that FG at last get some new buses.

What's the news network? Do you have a link? Any other sort of proof?

An official source for this isn't that hard to find. The Agenda for the Committee on Finance and Budget For August 12, 2015 includes

"C12FT101275135

The manufacture and delivery of a
minimum of 300 and a maximum of 450
low floor, 40 foot, accessible, air
conditioned, and conventional clean diesel
transit buses and associated spare parts,
with an option to purchase up to an
additional 150 buses and spare parts.
EXERCISE OPTION 1
Not to exceed $68,481,678.40"

Maybe they figured 125 because 125 times $500K is about $68 million.

Question probably is whether they left out 25 because they don't need them, or they are going to reapply for the 25 electric buses.

• Upvote 2

An official source for this isn't that hard to find. The Agenda for the Committee on Finance and Budget For August 12, 2015 includes

"C12FT101275135

EXERCISE OPTION 1

Question probably is whether they left out 25 because hey don't need them, or they are going to reapply for the 25 electric buses.

So are these a continuation of the orders for the novas or new buses entirely?

So are these a continuation of the orders for the novas or new buses entirely?

The statement that they are exercising the option sure indicates the former. This did not show up on the contract opportunities page as a new solicitation.

"C12FT101275135

EXERCISE OPTION 1

Question probably is whether they left out 25 because they don't need them, or they are going to reapply for the 25 electric buses.

You would think they would be bound to 150 buses, because that's what's in the contract, but if Novabus wouldn't amend the contract they would run the risk that CTA doesn't buy the option at all. Question is does 125 buses cover what's left? 425 new buses is less than 470 old novas.

You would think they would be bound to 150 buses, because that's what's in the contract, but if Novabus wouldn't amend the contract they would run the risk that CTA doesn't buy the option at all. Question is does 125 buses cover what's left? 425 new buses is less than 470 old novas.

It is an OPTION. After taking the base order, they can take as much as they want, up to the maximum. As you can note from the title of the solicitation above, it technically wasn't even for an option, but just a minimum of 300 buses and a maximum of 450. 425 is in that range.

You would know whether 125 buses covers what's left. When this started, they said that the 450 buses, plus 100 4300 series artics covered the Novas, plus the Optimas (and apparently other stuff scrapped during the interim).