7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

Well, whatever Chicago was doing last week putting out 5-6+ novas at a time has slowed down. I haven't seen more than 4 in service since Saturday.

They have 20 + at south shops, which is really weird. BTW, #8115 is out on the #37 and #8113 has arrived on the #70. 

• Upvote 1

They have 20 + at south shops, which is really weird. BTW, #8115 is out on the #37 and #8113 has arrived on the #70. 

I guess what is weird is that after complaining that the factory was doing nothing, a whole mess appeared at once. Obviously, it takes South Shops some time to process them.

I guess what is weird is that after complaining that the factory was doing nothing, a whole mess appeared at once. Obviously, it takes South Shops some time to process them.

They all have license plates. Seems to me it may be something Chicago or south shops is trying to figure out. While the AC is better it is no where near the capability of the junk #6400's at Fg.

They all have license plates. Seems to me it may be something Chicago or south shops is trying to figure out. While the AC is better it is no where near the capability of the junk #6400's at Fg.

I was thinking more the need for inspection, fare boxes, and Clever Devices (plus associated programming). Screwing on a license plate isn't that involved.

I was thinking more the need for inspection, fare boxes, and Clever Devices (plus associated programming). Screwing on a license plate isn't that involved.

It shows the buses are registered in the state. What is it now 3 weeks since #8116 showed up? That seems longer than the original #8100's they put out.

Well, whatever Chicago was doing last week putting out 5-6+ novas at a time has slowed down. I haven't seen more than 4 in service since Saturday.

I guess I jinxed it, Chicago has 6 9 buses out right now.

#8100: #121

#8101-02: #72

#8104: #20

#8107: #54B

#8108: #65

UPDATE:

#8112: #66

#8113 & #8115: #37

Edited by NewFlyerMCI
Update
  • Upvote 1

Took this shot on my bike while on a delivery. #8115

image.jpg

Here's some shots you guys will probably like of #8114 and #8115

#8114:

cta_8114_front_on_72.thumb.PNG.f137b6f7a

cta_8114_rear_take_two_on_72.thumb.PNG.2

and I took this at Pulaski it was a little cloudy, but I'll upload it

cta_8114_rear_on_the_72_at_pulaski.thumb

and hot off the presses, the first day in service #8115

#8115;

cta_8115_on_37.thumb.PNG.60bb6ed12ff1032

cta_8115_rear_on_37.thumb.PNG.ae5838d8d3

In the second shot, this dude jumps right in my shot, I'm like dude??!! I have to take that one again. I guess there was no magic for me in Oz park!! xD

• Upvote 2

Here's some shots you guys will probably like of #8114 and #8115

#8114:

and I took this at Pulaski it was a little cloudy, but I'll upload it

and hot off the presses, the first day in service #8115

#8115;

In the second shot, this dude jumps right in my shot, I'm like dude??!! I have to take that one again. I guess there was no magic for me in Oz park!! xD

#8114 what a beauty!

#8116 is out on the #72, pulling in and #8117 is out on the #37. Looks like Chicago is back on the two a day release schedule. i find it interesting none have been released on the pm shift, the other two garages have done that. I heard two operators from Chicago talk about the new buses yesterday, one asked the other if he saw the new buses yet and he said no. So what does that mean, he has received no #8100 training?

• Upvote 1

#8116 is out on the #72, pulling in and #8117 is out on the #37. Looks like Chicago is back on the two a day release schedule. i find it interesting none have been released on the pm shift, the other two garages have done that. I heard two operators from Chicago talk about the new buses yesterday, one asked the other if he saw the new buses yet and he said no. So what does that mean, he has received no #8100 training?

Either that, or a similar situation to putting a "Lighthouse for the Blind" sign adjacent to the expressway.B|

• Upvote 3

Well, it runs from Irving & Ashland east to Irving & Clark and west from Irving & Southport to Irving & Ashland. So it did run on Irving Park for a bit.... notice I didn't say #80..... O.o;)

So this was apparently news 5 months ago. I thought you were implying something like it was an Instruction Bus run.

That glare though dang!

Yeah, not my best photography. I did better when I was at Sedgwick/brown line. I've been pretty lucky not using my better camera for these shots so far. As it becomes winter and I start losing the light I'll have to go back to it, but i might not be taking alot of pictures after another 4-6 weeks unless I defect to Pace, so maybe not.

Yeah, not my best photography. I did better when I was at Sedgwick/brown line. I've been pretty lucky not using my better camera for these shots so far. As it becomes winter and I start losing the light I'll have to go back to it, but i might not be taking alot of pictures after another 4-6 weeks unless I defect to Pace, so maybe not.

Just watch out for sw4400's Vinny Mac you're fired barrage! :P

• Upvote 2