7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

18 minutes ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Yea I think they may go with the 7900-8324 but I am not sure. And when you said rehab I thought about it man it's almost time to plan a rehab process for them the oldest going on 6 years old next year

19 minutes ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Yea I think they may go with the 7900-8324 but I am not sure. And when you said rehab I thought about it man it's almost time to plan a rehab process for them the oldest going on 6 years old next year

I agree regarding the bus moves and if it does happen, I believe

the Novas will come from Chicago since they are getting the electrics. Bottom line. Its not a Garage decision on who gets what.

20 minutes ago, sht6131 said:

I agree regarding the bus moves and if it does happen, I believe

the Novas will come from Chicago since they are getting the electrics. Bottom line. Its not a Garage decision on who gets what.

You right  about that thanks for correcting me broham so you think C might go all new flyer & electric buses

1 hour ago, Shannon CVPI said:

You right  about that thanks for correcting me broham so you think C might go all new flyer & electric buses

I don`t think all Flyers. The Nova`s move will depend on how many Electrics C receives. All speculation on my part. I personally do not think that this speculation makes sense .The Flyers should go to K since they have all Flyers. Sending 20 or so Novas to K again makes no sense.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, sht6131 said:

I don`t think all Flyers. The Nova`s move will depend on how many Electrics C receives. All speculation on my part. I personally do not think that this speculation makes sense .The Flyers should go to K since they have all Flyers. Sending 20 or so Novas to K again makes no sense.

On second thought, The Novas or Flyers from C should go to F to retire some more 6400`s.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, sht6131 said:

Yea cuz then K will have to send some flyers to other garages to make room for the novas or they gone be overcrowded 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Shannon CVPI said:

Lol what's wrong with 8260 why y'all don't like it at K

Idk I don’t think k operators don’t like it cuz I been on 8296 last week with a bus driver friend of mine and every time he wants to leave a stop or red light he kept pressing the foot paddle but it didn’t wanna go finally after the 20th try it finally moved 

35 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

Idk I don’t think k operators don’t like it cuz I been on 8296 last week with a bus driver friend of mine and every time he wants to leave a stop or red light he kept pressing the foot paddle but it didn’t wanna go finally after the 20th try it finally moved 

Aw dam that's messed up on more newer bus 

2 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

So that would be an isolated incident with that particular bus because I've had mostly #7900s since I started driving out of 77th, the only thing that urks me about driving the 4th Gens are mainly related to the braking mechanics of the bus. There's never a smooth transition when applying the brakes and usually the retarder hampers the smooth transition when attempting to apply them.

2 hours ago, chicagocubs6323 said:

After talking to a K driver, K hates the Novas because of the size of the cabin.  The D40LFs have a more spacious cabin which is why they prefer the Flyers instead.

To be honest the novas are so much more comfortable to drive along with the added space for leg room and placing a backpack and coat behind the drivers seat, One drivers opinion from Kedzie doesn't make much sense t me. The size of the drivers cab is quote on quote to big? Honestly with that massive protective shield and along with extra leg room is a win win for me. Eventually Kedzie will get Novas, probably not now but in the near future for sure the #1000's aren't going to last forever along with the remaining #6400's at FG so a swap of some kind may occur if warranted. 

16 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

There's never a smooth transition when applying the brakes and usually the retarder hampers the smooth transition when attempting to apply them.

When you say "retarder", do you mean an engine brake? I didn't realize buses had those. They must not be as loud as the ones on trucks.

Do they have automatic or automated manual transmissions?

2 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

So that would be an isolated incident with that particular bus because I've had mostly #7900s since I started driving out of 77th, the only thing that urks me about driving the 4th Gens are mainly related to the braking mechanics of the bus. There's never a smooth transition when applying the brakes and usually the retarder hampers the smooth transition when attempting to apply them.

To be honest the novas are so much more comfortable to drive along with the added space for leg room and placing a backpack and coat behind the drivers seat, One drivers opinion from Kedzie doesn't make much sense t me. The size of the drivers cab is quote on quote to big? Honestly with that massive protective shield and along with extra leg room is a win win for me. Eventually Kedzie will get Novas, probably not now but in the near future for sure the #1000's aren't going to last forever along with the remaining #6400's at FG so a swap of some kind may occur if warranted. 

I never knew you were an operator congrats and welcome aboard!!. I just wanted to add to the comment you said about the novas.  7900-8324 have that breaking you have to get used to cause like you said their not as smooth as the flyers but I promise once you get the hang of it they ride just as good as the flyers ??????. 8325-49 have much smoother breaking like the flyers so if you come to 103rd or FG with the next system pick in March you'll love these novas as well operator.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Mr.cta85 said:

I never knew you were an operator congrats and welcome aboard!!. I just wanted to add to the comment you said about the novas.  7900-8324 have that breaking you have to get used to cause like you said their not as smooth as the flyers but I promise once you get the hang of it they ride just as good as the flyers ??????. 8325-49 have much smoother breaking like the flyers so if you come to 103rd or FG with the next system pick in March you'll love these novas as well operator.

Yes indeed and thank you, I mean yeah certain #7900's out of 77th have smooth breaking while others don't but I've gotten use to it now but it does bother me every now and then a long with a few rowdy customers but that's to be expected. If I can get my hands on 74th in the next system pick I would hope there #8000's are slightly better but one can only dream haha. xD 

6 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Yes indeed and thank you, I mean yeah certain #7900's out of 77th have smooth breaking while others don't but I've gotten use to it now but it does bother me every now and then a long with a few rowdy customers but that's to be expected. If I can get my hands on 74th in the next system pick I would hope there #8000's are slightly better but one can only dream haha. xD 

You'll definitely be able to get to 74th since that's now the new "big house" cause that garage has the most operators now lol. That's a good garage so dont let nobody tell you otherwise I would've stayed there if 103rd wasnt 5mins away from my house but if you get there you'll love it ???. The 8000's ride just the Same as 7900.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, indigofoundue74 said:

8049 (74th bus) is operating on the 7:Harrison out of Kedzie. 

2019-12-12 (11).png

Just saw it an hour ago SB on Ashland/35  signed "Not in Service"   "7 Harrison" tag on the window  Assuming its headed back to 74  

On 12/5/2019 at 2:06 PM, Pace831 said:

When you say "retarder", do you mean an engine brake? I didn't realize buses had those. They must not be as loud as the ones on trucks.

Do they have automatic or automated manual transmissions?

I know Pace buses had them. You could switch it on or off depending on the road conditions. Our city firetrucks also have them.