7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

Well what is in the CTA contract that could be holding them up so long?

The reference was only to the authority of the purchaser to charge liquidated damages of $100/day for delay. That also assumes that specific delivery deadlines were in the final proposal accepted by both sides, or were, more likely, in the Notice to Proceed.

For instance, the Pace CNG bus solicitation said that 20 buses had to be delivered by July 1, 2014. Since that contract has not been officially let yet, that isn't going to happen.

I didn't even know 7924 was on property (maybe I missed that). 7910 on #1 with "Not in Service" on scroller.

garmon probably missed that one probably cause it was inside. Now I wonder if he saw #7924 or #7925 being programmed? #7925 might make an appearance tomorrow. Sounds like they got more buses or they know some are on the way. I don't think they would release buses without something to inspect at south shops.

garmon probably missed that one probably cause it was inside. Now I wonder if he saw #7924 or #7925 being programmed? #7925 might make an appearance tomorrow. Sounds like they got more buses or they know some are on the way. I don't think they would release buses without something to inspect at south shops.

I seriously didn't sight #7924 at all while I went out there earlier this morning. #7925 was being programmed and I think it may begin service as soon as Monday.

Well I'm on #7924 I got some pictures maybe I can get some more. The bus has no ventra card reader at all!!

well ive seen this happen before I a couple of 1000's came into service without a fare card reader for a few days . Best day ever when the used to serve the #20 during evening rush . I would ride two trips downtown and back . It only lasted 3 days before that fare box got attached ;)

Here's some pictures of the front of #7924.

attachicon.gifcta 7924 front further back.png

attachicon.gifcta 7924 front.png

Here's an interior shot. As you can see, there's no card reader

attachicon.gifcta 7924 no card reader.png

And a few of the side and rear at Western/Orange line

attachicon.gifcta 7924 rear quarter.png

attachicon.gifcta 7924 rear half.png

attachicon.gifcta 7924 front half no card reader.png

I highly recommend your first shot (with the bike) to be published on here. That's a hell of a shot indeed.
  • Upvote 1

I highly recommend your first shot (with the bike) to be published on here. That's a hell of a shot indeed.

Yeah but I could have done without the trees. They need to call the tree cutter. Felt like I was waiting for a bus in the woods over there on 71st.
  • Upvote 1

Update on #7925: I assume that it went out for testing yesterday because it's not parked at the same spot today. Also, it doesn't have the Ventra reader yet.

#7927 was out for training this morning at South Shop. I'm assume that the training includes operating the wheelchair lift because I've spotted a wheelchair on the training course. Some shots of #7927.

post-1364-0-20395200-1406308352_thumb.jp

post-1364-0-93248200-1406308360_thumb.jp

post-1364-0-11013100-1406308370_thumb.jp

• Upvote 3

Here's some pictures of the front of #7924.

attachicon.gifcta 7924 front further back.png

attachicon.gifcta 7924 front.png

Here's an interior shot. As you can see, there's no card reader

attachicon.gifcta 7924 no card reader.png

And a few of the side and rear at Western/Orange line

attachicon.gifcta 7924 rear quarter.png

attachicon.gifcta 7924 rear half.png

attachicon.gifcta 7924 front half no card reader.png

So with 52A at Western Orange Line station with the 48, 49 and 94, where do they do their layover? That's got to be a tight queeze in the station's terminal during rush hour with four routes stopping in there now during those times instead of three.

Hey, trees can really come in handy! :P

Yeah like replenishing the oxygen in the air that we all breath. :P

• Upvote 3

Update on #7925: I assume that it went out for testing yesterday because it's not parked at the same spot today. Also, it doesn't have the Ventra reader yet.

#7927 was out for training this morning at South Shop. I'm assume that the training includes operating the wheelchair lift because I've spotted a wheelchair on the training course. Some shots of #7927.

That some good shots!! Definitely should be on the site!!

@Jajuan: You're looking at the layover spot on the apron out by Western Nb right there at the terminal buses turn at that street where the #94 turns going south and head down Western Blvd (east) to 51st and head back west. Coming from 51st they travel north on Western Blvd (west) to the terminal at Western/Orange line.

• Upvote 2

@Jajuan: You're looking at the layover spot on the apron out by Western Nb right there at the terminal buses turn at that street where the #94 turns going south and head down Western Blvd (east) to 51st and head back west. Coming from 51st they travel north on Western Blvd (west) to the terminal at Western/Orange line.

Thanks. I'm thinking about it. Good news: #7908 has arrived @ South Shop parked by the fence.
  • Upvote 3

OK thanks. So they don't actually pull into the terminal itself when coming from 51st, but pull into that apron at the street that the cars and taxis use.