7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

...The buses will be alright, just don't drive them on the expressway or they will always be in the shop for brakes, the grinding is most likely prematurely wearing out the brakes....

• If they can't be driven on the expressway, how did they deliver them from Plattsburgh, especially when they have to stop at toll booths, if they used the assumed route of I-87 and I-90? Do you have a picture on a flatbed?
  • I'll ask you the same question I asked sw: Are you a mechanic at South Shops and did you inspect those brakes? If not, I'm not even going where jajuan did about speculating what you might have heard. Otherwise, since you claim to have records of everything, post those inspection reports here.
  • Upvote 1

#7290 on #2 Hyde Park Exp Yesterday. Couldn't Download To The Site, So Here The Link To My YouTube Video. Subscribe If You Can.

The embedded YouTube works fine. I thought that's how you had to do it.

Also, it appeared that the bus was able to stop at 11th and Columbus, 47th and and LSD ramp, and Lake Park south of 47th.

The sideways view on LSD made me a bit seasick, though.

• Upvote 1

The embedded YouTube works fine. I thought that's how you had to do it.

Also, it appeared that the bus was able to stop at 11th and Columbus, 47th and and LSD ramp, and Lake Park south of 47th.

The sideways view on LSD made me a bit seasick, though.

Because it was crowded on that bus and I had nowhere to sit down...

• If they can't be driven on the expressway, how did they deliver them from Plattsburgh, especially when they have to stop at toll booths, if they used the assumed route of I-87 and I-90? Do you have a picture on a flatbed?
  • I'll ask you the same question I asked sw: Are you a mechanic at South Shops and did you inspect those brakes? If not, I'm not even going where jajuan did about speculating what you might have heard. Otherwise, since you claim to have records of everything, post those inspection reports here.
oh yeah I'll just pull them out of my back pocket. What makes you think there is not a brake problem? It surely can't be from the miles you've logged on the #2. Lol!! It surely can't be from documented recalls stating earlier model buses have brake issues. So where is your proof that I'm wrong?

oh yeah I'll just pull them out of my back pocket. What makes you think there is not a brake problem? It surely can't be from the miles you've logged on the #2. Lol!! It surely can't be from documented recalls stating earlier model buses have brake issues. So where is your proof that I'm wrong?

You haven't proven, in a scientific manner, that you are correct. You are the one making the assertions, including disparaging the product delivered to other TAs.

I've provided ways you can prove that there is an actual brake defect. Why don't you post those mechanics' reports?

And, apparently TaylorTank provided enough video evidence that a Nova on route #2 is o.k. Where's yours?

I don't know if this means anything but #7900 was spotted going west on wacker with a 997 but the run number said it was signed out of 103rd. It said go blackhawks on the destination. I watched to see if maybe it would pull out on the #24 but it didn't.

You haven't proven, in a scientific manner, that you are correct. You are the one making the assertions, including disparaging the product delivered to other TAs.

I've provided ways you can prove that there is an actual brake defect. Why don't you post those mechanics' reports?

And, apparently TaylorTank provided enough video evidence that a Nova on route #2 is o.k. Where's yours?

If that satisfies you then you must not know much about grinding or videography because anyone knows a camera phone is not going to pick that up. We don't have Lucus sound here. Lol!! At least I have proof in the form of documented recalls. Probably you feel it grinding more than you hear it. It's not a shrill sound it is deep and you only hear it for a split second and if the operator pumps the brakes you won't barely hear it. Good news #7927 wasn't grinding so maybe the issues fixed and we can put this debate to rest.

I don't know if this means anything but #7900 was spotted going west on wacker with a 997 but the run number said it was signed out of 103rd. It said go blackhawks on the destination. I watched to see if maybe it would pull out on the #24 but it didn't.

Hmmm lol ill be looking out if I see them at 103rd garage. I had this crazy thought earlier today that maybe just maybe they're bringing them to all garages just so operators can get acquainted with them sorta like letting the family hold the new baby lol. But I did say a crazy thought just to be clear.

That may be the best 7900s photo I've seen so far! It should be published mate! Oh by the way, someone on here is going to be really happy about #7927 being on the northwest side. :D

Well, it means I have a chance to ride them if.... if some are assigned to FG. Based on what Kevin said, sounds like just a loaner bus from 77th for some reason. So the wait for 7900's at FG continues for the foreseeable future...

Well, it means I have a chance to ride them if.... if some are assigned to FG. Based on what Kevin said, sounds like just a loaner bus from 77th for some reason. So the wait for 7900's at FG continues for the foreseeable future...

Indeed man. We'll just have to keep on taking it a day at a time. I might check and see if any more arrived this weekend.
  • Upvote 2

That may be the best 7900s photo I've seen so far! It should be published mate! Oh by the way, someone on here is going to be really happy about #7927 being on the northwest side. :D

Maaaan I was thinking the same thing LOOOL he should be quite pleased now lol.

7927 was on the #80 this afternoon. Went back to 77th at the end of the run.

Meanwhile, 7904 was on the #24.

attachicon.gifDSC05059.jpg

I'm starting to sound like a broken record now but wow what a great looking bus kudos to cta big shots, hopefully they will order more than 450 cause you know they're going to use that 2nd option a good 600 would be more if possible. But yea this pic needs to go in the gallery like yesterday great photo keep it up Kevin

I'm starting to sound like a broken record now but wow what a great looking bus kudos to cta big shots, hopefully they will order more than 450 cause you know they're going to use that 2nd option a good 600 would be more if possible. But yea this pic needs to go in the gallery like yesterday great photo keep it up Kevin

The options are only up to 450 for 40 foot buses. The 50-150 is for artics, if they ever award the contracts.

Maaaan I was thinking the same thing LOOOL he should be quite pleased now lol.

I'll be content if I can get an opportunity to ride one, but as I said to garmon, it was most likely a loaner(and I'm surprised 7927 made it to FG from 77th and not a loaner New Flyer, if that was the case). More than likely a fluke that won't be repeated again...

I'll be content if I can get an opportunity to ride one, but as I said to garmon, it was most likely a loaner(and I'm surprised 7927 made it to FG from 77th and not a loaner New Flyer, if that was the case). More than likely a fluke that won't be repeated again...

We were talking about cta5750 lol but I hear what you're saying too SW

We were talking about cta5750 lol but I hear what you're saying too SW

Well unfortunately it would seem that 5750 won't be as pleased as thought. BusTracker had some really big glitches yesterday that screwed up the bus IDs where 6400 series Novas showed up as NF 1000s, 800s, and even as each of the three artic models;1000s appeared as other 1000s; 1000s appeared as 4333s, and so on and so on. FG buses were really affected by the glitch with Novas appearing as NF 1000s from all over the city. So it's extremely likely that 7927 showing up on the 80 was in reality a 6400 from FG.