7900-series Nova LFS - Updates

South Shop 7

More lawyer ads, and different background colors, too. I guess if someone plows into the back of the bus, they know who to call. :P

He's got about 10-15 signs at Jackson/Dearborn/blue line :P

Probably not the correct location, as personal injury cases usually do not end up in federal court. Should have moved them to Washington/Dearborn, where most are heard (Daley Center).

• Upvote 2

#8012 and #8020 are also up here at western brown line. I got their pictures of course. Damn they actually have a piece of the Berlin Wall in the brown line western mezzanine!! Cool!! They have pictures on Wikipedia, here's the link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_%28CTA_Brown_Line_station%29

#8015 and #8017 are on the #9.

More lawyer ads, and different background colors, too. I guess if someone plows into the back of the bus, they know who to call. :P

The 999-9999 lawyer has definitely been getting an expansion of where his ads are seen with the recent mega swaporama that's been happening recently. :lol:

#8012 and #8020 are also up here at western brown line. I got their pictures of course. Damn they actually have a piece of the Berlin Wall in the brown line western mezzanine!! Cool!! Pictures are on Wikipedia. I can't put up a link on my phone.

#8015 and #8017 are on the #9.

Don't remember how long that Berlin Wall piece has been at Western/Brown Line but it's been there for a while though. I think I remember first noticing it in summer of 2013 while waiting on the 49B one time.

Well at least if you live along the east west FG routes, your chances of seeing a 7900 series bus is increasing if you can transfer to Western, Ashland, or Halsted. North siders get to ride them too, not just South siders.

Yeah I was noticing that myself. And then I was shell shocked when I got off the newest buses and onto the oldest. :P When Fg does get some newer buses, they might actually have to show them how to use the touch screen clever device because they haven't seen one in two years!! I think I'll be shell shocked if I really do see #8200's at Fg. :huh::lol:

• Upvote 1

UPDATE: (3:57 pm Est, 2/14/15)

8000: NiS

8001: NiS

8002: NiS

8003: NiS

8004: NiS

8005: NiS

8006: NiS

8007: NiS

8008: NiS

8009: NiS

8010: NiS

8011: NiS

8012: NiS

8013: NiS

8014: NiS

8015: NiS

8016: NiS

8017: NiS

8018: NiS

8019: NiS

8020: NiS

8021: SoSh

8022: SoSh

8023: SoSh

8024: SoSh

8025: SoSh

Literally no 8000's in service around what would be 3:00 Central Time. No winner then.... 77th even seems to use only 7950 and higher on weekends, with a few exceptions (which usually end up being 2 buses btwn 7900-7920 go to the 43)

UPDATE: (3:57 pm Est, 2/14/15)

8000: NiS

8001: NiS

8002: NiS

8003: NiS

8004: NiS

8005: NiS

8006: NiS

8007: NiS

8008: NiS

8009: NiS

8010: NiS

8011: NiS

8012: NiS

8013: NiS

8014: NiS

8015: NiS

8016: NiS

8017: NiS

8018: NiS

8019: NiS

8020: NiS

8021: SoSh

8022: SoSh

8023: SoSh

8024: SoSh

8025: SoSh

Literally no 8000's in service around what would be 3:00 Central Time. No winner then.... 77th even seems to use only 7950 and higher on weekends, with a few exceptions (which usually end up being 2 buses btwn 7900-7920 go to the 43)

You skipped #8026-28.

Yeah I was noticing that myself. And then I was shell shocked when I got off the newest buses and onto the oldest. :P When Fg does get some newer buses, they might actually have to show them how to use the touch screen clever device because they haven't seen one in two years!! I think I'll be shell shocked if I really do see #8200's at Fg. :huh::lol:

I think all of us on the north side will be, including folks like me who happen to be your neighbors who live deep in NP territory. I know I'll be looking forward to a time again where when I need to transfer to a 76, 77, 78, 80, 81 or 84 I'll actually see more than just a first gen Nova slugging down the street. :lol:

Well at least if you live along the east west FG routes, your chances of seeing a 7900 series bus is increasing if you can transfer to Western, Ashland, or Halsted. North siders get to ride them too, not just South siders.

Not quite yet.... I ride the #9 almost daily to/from work and have yet to break my Nova Smart Bus virginity. The closest I've been was on a NF going SB and seeing #8007 heading NB about a week ago.

Not quite yet.... I ride the #9 almost daily to/from work and have yet to break my Nova Smart Bus virginity. The closest I've been was on a NF going SB and seeing #8007 heading NB about a week ago.

Dude, the total 7900s count so far is barely at 20 if that right now so of course the chance is still slim for the time at present. Art's point is that the chances of riding a new Nova on the north side from either the #9 or #49 is increasing as 74th gets more. Give it a little time. He didn't say that the chance was high yet. Sheesh. :lol:

Dude, the total 7900s count so far is barely at 20 if that right now so of course the chance is still slim for the time at present. Art's point is that the chances of riding a new Nova on the north side from either the #9 or #49 is increasing as 74th gets more. Give it a little time. He didn't say that the chance was high yet. Sheesh. :lol:

What are you talking about I see one every day just about!! :P

I'm aware the odds of riding one are slim right now. I figure it'll be a matter of weeks, perhaps a month or two more before I get my first ride, being optimistic. I figure by the end of April, I should have rode at least one on #9(by then there should be enough 8000's at 74th that I'll get one(or two) headed my way), if not sooner.

For some reason, no 8000's again. This seems to be a trend (no 8000's in service on weekends). Makes me wonder if any are going to run tomorrow?

Typical thing. The operators probably don't like to use the new stuff that they are unfamiliar with unless they have to. In a few weeks that should change. The buses are nice and warm though, no wonder they brought those out for the polar vortex!! They'll be in service tomorrow but probably just in the rush.