700-series XE40 - Deliveries & Assignments

Kevin

Here is the official product brochure and visual presentation of the new XE40 Electric Bus by New Flyer. The Brochure is enclosed within this post, the link for the visual presentation is listed below.

http://www.newflyer.com/docs/videos/Electric_Bus_forweb.mp4

The practical question becomes that even though the video claims $400,000 in savings vs. diesel fuel, whether that's still the case when diesel has dropped about $1/gallon? That may not last forever, but at this point a TA would still have to justify paying about $700K more a bus, and apparently the TIGGER grant impetus is no longer there.

Has anyone found out if CTA has the "rapid charging system?" Even if hidden in the Kedzie garage?

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone get interior shots and driver area of 700 or 701 unfortunately I worm out of chicago garage and the way my schedule set up its hard to get pictures

Well, whenever they come back out for revenue duty, i'll try to get 701 and the interior shots. Unfortunately, the driver area maybe a little harder to get, but i'll give it a try.