700-series XE40 - Deliveries & Assignments

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

They are trying something different this morning

700 is on the 157, just caught it heading westbound on Taylor St

701 is on the 34 (typo should be 39)

#701 is on #39 (you might have typed 34 by mistake). Hell, I would've been losing my freaking mind if I ever witnessed one of them being on #34!!! :lol:

Heck, even having one of them on the 39 is still something considering they initially were only expected to be used so far on the 7, 120, 121, 124, 125 and 157. :lol:

Yeah, you're right about that. Maybe they should give #35 a shot one day.

I guess so much that they were restricted to the 2 morning and 2 afternoon run numbers, but if one is going to test them under winter conditions, this is as good a time as any. See if that sucker has enough power to pull itself out of a drift or low traction situation.

• Upvote 1

#701 is on #39 (you might have typed 34 by mistake). Hell, I would've been losing my freaking mind if I ever witnessed one of them being on #34!!! :lol:

whole time you're losing your mindd I'd be walking to the Red Line just to check it out :lol:

Heck, even having one of them on the 39 is still something considering they initially were only expected to be used so far on the 7, 120, 121, 124, 125 and 157. :lol:

I'm guessing maybe the #39 was light enough to be considered test worthy.

• Upvote 1

whole time you're losing your mindd I'd be walking to the Red Line just to check it out :lol:

I'm guessing maybe the #39 was light enough to be considered test worthy.

Yeah that's true. As for any thoughts about the 10 voiced by others, that would have to wait for the summer when the 10 next has weekday service since like the 800s the 700s aren't used on the weekend. And it would have to be for one of those extra NB trips that run between 5 and 6 PM without a corresponding SB trip since I'm sure running along Lake Shore Drive would decrease the charge on the battery quicker.

the Pershing runs are from 3:53 departing at St. Louis until 7:04 arriving at St. Louis.

Please Note: the assignments of bus 700 and 701 may vary between the 2 afternoon runs on the 7 and 39. Bus 700 usually runs on route 7, but that may vary as bus 701 may operate on route 7, vice-versa for route 39