700-series XE40 - Deliveries & Assignments

Kevin

5 hours ago, Busjack said:

Say hi to jajuan out there.

Thanks for the clarifications.

Yeah if we both cross each other's paths in our daily goings on. Like Garmon, I tend to be in a lot of different places at different times in addition to daily work commutes. xD But I do agree that some of us might be going overboard about 701 being a total wreck when report on the operators' mention of the bus did not specify possible degree of damage if it were in an accident and only stated that the bus was sidelined suggesting that a wait on maintenance. And I'm sure Garmon would have told us if any such accident had occurred the day of his picture since he would have still been near that intersection to have seen such an occurrence. So too much was being read into his picture even without his giving the clarification on when he snapped his picture. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, busfan2847 said:

According to the maths22 archive file 701 was on the 79 Friday morning. The first time in service since it moved to 77th.

Proves that prior conclusions made about the bus being a wreck after an offhand comment by an operator that the bus was sidelined with no further explanation of extent of any damage were completely overblown.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jajuan said:

Proves that prior conclusions made about the bus being a wreck after an offhand comment by an operator that the bus was sidelined with no further explanation of extent of any damage were completely overblown.

Also proves that they are trying to determine whether it can handle the system's heaviest route. If, for instance, it causes bus bunching for diesel followers, because it can't keep up, that would demonstrate something.

6 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

This electric contract sounds kind of fishy, up to 50 electrics. I wonder if possibly CTA is looking into 50 electrics and that's why the nova contract stops short? Really though they would need the max on both the nova and electric contracts to eliminate the #6400's. Don't ask me where they get the money though.

Again somehow you messed up the sequence or context.

The budget was before the CMAQ money was reallocated to the 27 electric buses. The statement was apparently made before the reallocation was final, but in contemplation of CMAP eventually approving it.

And, as I and sw pointed out today, the RFP hasn't been issued yet, so there isn't an "electric contract."

• 2 weeks later...
  • Kevin unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Today heading home from work. I spotted three electric buses running down Clinton st at the post office building, all wrapped  They were definitely CTA because they all had white LED route signs showing. They had very curved rear ends

24 minutes ago, CTA5750 said:

Today heading home from work. I spotted three electric buses running down Clinton st at the post office building, all wrapped  They were definitely CTA because they all had white LED route signs showing. They had very curved rear ends

No they are Proterra buses being used on the Prudential Plaza and Aon Center shuttles.

https://www.proterra.com/press-release/jll-taps-proterra-to-deliver-americas-first-fully-electric-commercial-bus-fleet/

As mentioned in the following topic. Should start next week, appear to have started a week early. Saw one yesterday evening on Clinton at Ogilvie Transportation Center.

1 minute ago, CTA5750 said:

That's weird because the buses were displaying "54 Cicero to North"  another had "80 Irving Park to Cumberland"

I thought the one I saw yesterday displaying "to North" as I passed it at Van Buren/Clinton! I was on a 157 with steamed up windows. When I got to Ogilvie it passed me and was clearly wrapped with Prudential / Aon Shutttle.

You can rest assured that if they were CTA buses, Rahm would be standing in front of them on Channels 2.1, 5.1, 7.1, 9.1, 26.1 and 32.1 at the moment, talking about the investment he made in them.

Edit: I forgot that @jajuan was going to say also 44.1, 60.2 and 66.1.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

That's crazy they didn't remove the signs.

I'm still not sure why they would have them. But, considering @CTA5750 saw them, especially crazy that one was a FG reading.

Considering someone mentioned the prior demonstration at CTA HQs, could it be that Proterra is letting CTA test them before CTA puts out the solicitation? I don't know, but I don't see any other particular reason why they would have the CTA sign program.