CTA bus simulator releasing soon

Jruff32

3 hours ago, XE NewFlyer said:

How dose this happen?!?

2 hours ago, jajuan said:

Hmmm I've never seen that happen before. The NF bus is usually really good with displaying the destinations of a particular map with no glitches. 

Here it is only because all CTA NFs use Luminators.

Some German city using Twinvisions or something else? XE: Where was this supposed to be simulating?

2 hours ago, Busjack said:

Here it is only because all CTA NFs use Luminators.

Some German city using Twinvisions or something else? XE: Where was this supposed to be simulating?

Spandau district of Berlin from the looks of his picture capture. But as the NF bus in-game usually handles other maps' destination signs other than the Chicago map with no issues, as that bus tends to be a favorite of a lot of players from what I've seen. I've seen vids that other players have posted where they've replaced all the the default buses of a given map, both that they're driving and the AI ones, with the both of Chicago buses. 

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
19 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Well the Flxible Metro has made a comeback to Chicago, sort of. Still a work in progress.

OMSI2_20170309_183433.jpg

OMSI2_20170309_172312.jpg

OMSI2_20170309_183414.jpg

OMSI2_20170309_183621.jpg

Nice job. There have been players modeling the Flxible Metro E. Plus Dash5155 has modeled many other American bus models as he's put together a good number of the American themed OMSI 2 maps that are available out there free of charge. The buses I've seen him put together are the NF C40LF with Detroit Diesel CNG engine specs, the D40LF with Caterpillar and varying Cummins ISL engine specs, a Nova Classic, a Nova RTS, an MCI D4500 motor coach, a Gillig Advantage, an Orion VII Next Generation hybrid and I believe a New Flyer D60LF. Also MTA3306 has created a New Flyer DE40LF and an Xcelsior 40 foot model. He, Dash5155 and some others have also created their own different livery repaints for the different American OMSI 2 buses as well as tweeked existing OMSI 2 map repaints from the European maps to fit mainly the D40LF in addition to some of the other American buses. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, XE NewFlyer said:

will they update Omsi 2 the 130 got Removed from the cta

The 130 hasn't been removed from CTA. Where did you hear that? It's service period is Memorial Day through Labor Day. So of course with it now being the weekend before the last week of March, there are no buses running marked 130 as well as it being why 130 isn't listed on BusTracker right now. Route 10 isn't listed on BusTracker for the same reason. The service period is Memorial Day through Labor Day only. OMSI 2 even acknowledges that in the manual for the Chicago addon as they have the 130 in the game running daily all year round to keep some variety since the addon only has two routes that you can drive and aren't AI. Though if there is a place to update the Chicago part of the game, it would be for 124 to account for the changes to that route that came with Loop Link, namely the return of eastbound buses on that route to Washington and the route ending at the Union Station Transit Center instead of at the Clinton/Quincy bus stop. 

Does anyone have any advice for me? I have two computers "running" OMSI 2 with varying degrees of glitchyness. I got both from Steam, so I share the copy on both computers. My desktop runs the game with a few hiccups  (textures start missing, games slow down) and I eventually close the game in frustration. My laptop has a completely unusable copy of the game, as it lacks just about everything. No textures, everything is white. Heck my little bus driver is floating on nothing. I've tried that little Verify Game Cache on both computers through Steam, and that has fixed nothing. I really liked the game and Chicago map, but this is very frustrating. I've looked around trying to find a solution, but I come up with nothing. Am I just doing something stupid or missing something?

15 hours ago, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

Does anyone have any advice for me? I have two computers "running" OMSI 2 with varying degrees of glitchyness. I got both from Steam, so I share the copy on both computers. My desktop runs the game with a few hiccups  (textures start missing, games slow down) and I eventually close the game in frustration. My laptop has a completely unusable copy of the game, as it lacks just about everything. No textures, everything is white. Heck my little bus driver is floating on nothing. I've tried that little Verify Game Cache on both computers through Steam, and that has fixed nothing. I really liked the game and Chicago map, but this is very frustrating. I've looked around trying to find a solution, but I come up with nothing. Am I just doing something stupid or missing something?

I ran into the missing textures problem when my laptop updated from Windows 9 to Windows 10. I had OMSI 2 working fine overall but any time I used Chicago buses in any maps I had or tried to run the Chicago map, I had missing tiles and that issue you have with the bus driver and passengers floating on nothing. Turns out I was missing some Visual C++ Redistributable elements after the Windows 10 update. I downloaded Visual C++ 2015 and that fixed the problems for me. 

19 minutes ago, jajuan said:

I ran into the missing textures problem when my laptop updated from Windows 9 to Windows 10. I had OMSI 2 working fine overall but any time I used Chicago buses in any maps I had or tried to run the Chicago map, I had missing tiles and that issue you have with the bus driver and passengers floating on nothing. Turns out I was missing some Visual C++ Redistributable elements after the Windows 10 update. I downloaded Visual C++ 2015 and that fixed the problems for me. 

Thanks! I'll try that when I get home. The laptop is Windows 10, so that makes sense.

1 hour ago, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

Thanks! I'll try that when I get home. The laptop is Windows 10, so that makes sense.

Yeah look for Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from the Microsoft support pages or google it and that should send you to the right spot. Hopefully that helps you out since your problem sounds very similar to what I had happening some time ago. 

On 3/25/2017 at 3:05 PM, jajuan said:

Yeah look for Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 from the Microsoft support pages or google it and that should send you to the right spot. Hopefully that helps you out since your problem sounds very similar to what I had happening some time ago. 

I had some extra time yesterday so I went and downloaded it onto my laptop. Interesting thing is that the installation didn't work because a newer version existed. Maybe I'll remove the entire Microsoft pack thing and reinstall it.

4 hours ago, MTRSP1900-CTA3200 said:

I had some extra time yesterday so I went and downloaded it onto my laptop. Interesting thing is that the installation didn't work because a newer version existed. Maybe I'll remove the entire Microsoft pack thing and reinstall it.

Did you have an error message saying something about missing MSVCR120.dll or some similar .dll file? I ask because that another issue that might also be happening to you for which replacing any Visual C++ Restributable package that the Windows 10 update may have corrupted in some way. Googling how to fix those .dll files sends you to recommended solutions that also involve getting the correct Visual C++ Redistributable package from Microsoft.

1 hour ago, jajuan said:

Did you have an error message saying something about missing MSVCR120.dll or some similar .dll file? I ask because that another issue that might also be happening to you for which replacing any Visual C++ Restributable package that the Windows 10 update may have corrupted in some way. Googling how to fix those .dll files sends you to recommended solutions that also involve getting the correct Visual C++ Redistributable package from Microsoft.

Yeah, I think I've got those problems as well. For some reason my laptop enjoys breaking itself, as I've done work on fixing those .dll files before for Train Simulator, and now I get a pop up saying one of my programs that launches on startup cannot do so due to a missing .dll. >:( I'll look into those problems again, and hopefully I'll be more thorough this time.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, XE NewFlyer said:

has anyone thought of the idea of having a nabi bus in Omsi?

Two irrelevancies:

• They would have to figure out how to make it virtually crack in half. Also, unlike a NF, if you are referring to a CTA NABI artic, someone would have to program something unique.
  • On Let's Make a Deal, a prize of a gaming computer comes with a $1000 subscription to Steam.

On 5/2/2017 at 9:26 PM, XE NewFlyer said:

has anyone thought of the idea of having a nabi bus in Omsi?

I take your question to be more a general one, and from that standpoint I don't think anyone has yet from what I've been seeing on OMSI. that's the one manufacturer of buses seen on American streets I haven't seen represented yet. Most of what I've seen on OMSI, as far as what would have been normal on Canadian and American streets in real life during the last 20 years, is NF, Gillig, MCI, Nova, and Flxble. Oh I almost forgot. I did see that someone recreated a GMC Fishbowl model along the lines of that which the old CTA 300s belonged to. I haven't seen NABI represented yet.

On 5/4/2017 at 1:16 PM, jajuan said:

I take your question to be more a general one, and from that standpoint I don't think anyone has yet from what I've been seeing on OMSI. that's the one manufacturer of buses seen on American streets I haven't seen represented yet. Most of what I've seen on OMSI, as far as what would have been normal on Canadian and American streets in real life during the last 20 years, is NF, Gillig, MCI, Nova, and Flxble. Oh I almost forgot. I did see that someone recreated a GMC Fishbowl model along the lines of that which the old CTA 300s belonged to. I haven't seen NABI represented yet.

There was brief production of the 45 foot NABI LFW but it has since ceased.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/7/2017 at 3:40 PM, YoungBusLover said:

There was brief production of the 45 foot NABI LFW but it has since ceased.

I just recently saw that someone had videos posted showing some in LA Metro Bus local orange colors as AI vehicles in one of the older versions of the Daytonford map. They appeared to be rough cuts and not final versions. I wonder if they were part of what you were speaking about. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/14/2017 at 7:29 PM, jajuan said:

I just recently saw that someone had videos posted showing some in LA Metro Bus local orange colors as AI vehicles in one of the older versions of the Daytonford map. They appeared to be rough cuts and not final versions. I wonder if they were part of what you were speaking about. 

Not to bump a thread but yes they were. However a newer NABI model based off of NJT is in the works.