1000-series D40LF - Updates & Retirements

BusHunter

Just spotted #1592 rehabbed on the #82. About #1083, no it wasn't rehabbed until this week. Like I said probably another mistake delivery from south shops. That's a 77th bus but it probably went to the shops as a fg bus. If it had paperwork like most transfer buses do then it probably said it came from there so it goes back from where it came. Maybe a transfer can only be signed by a garage manager, as that's his/her bus to account for.

Just spotted #1592 rehabbed on the #82. About #1083, no it wasn't rehabbed until this week. Like I said probably another mistake delivery from south shops. That's a 77th bus but it probably went to the shops as a fg bus. If it had paperwork like most transfer buses do then it probably said it came from there so it goes back from where it came. Maybe a transfer can only be signed by a garage manager, as that's his/her bus to account for.

I think that it's not the garage mangers' call to do swaps and transfers. If that was the case then all hell would've been broken loose.

I think that it's not the garage mangers' call to do swaps and transfers. If that was the case then all hell would've been broken loose.

It may not be there call, but there is a transfer order, it's a paper that's 5x8 that goes with transfer buses. You can find one usually on the dash area on freshly transferred buses. The order themselves probably come from hq. But it would be interesting to note does a transportation manager have any authority to say which buses get transferred?

well anyway garmon here is a picture of #1083, the #1454 was blurry.

post-304-0-05243400-1395462443_thumb.png

• Upvote 1

It may not be there call, but there is a transfer order, it's a paper that's 5x8 that goes with transfer buses. You can find one usually on the dash area on freshly transferred buses. The order themselves probably come from hq. But it would be interesting to note does a transportation manager have any authority to say which buses get transferred?

well anyway garmon here is a picture of #1083, the #1454 was blurry.

attachicon.gifcta1083a.png

Nice shot! I think you weren't too far from me. I was on Milwaukee/North/Damen when I saw it.

Nice shot! I think you weren't too far from me. I was on Milwaukee/North/Damen when I saw it.

Yeah, I rode it from California to six corners. (Checking up on Kiewit LOL) The bus was packed. The driver was driving fast,( I think he was trying to recover time), through the kilbourn/knox viaducts and it was kind of scary, thinking of #6832. That would be a bad case of deja vu.

Yeah, I rode it from California to six corners. (Checking up on Kiewit LOL) The bus was packed. The driver was driving fast,( I think he was trying to recover time), through the kilbourn/knox viaducts and it was kind of scary, thinking of #6832. That would be a bad case of deja vu.

Oh wow! I didn't know that accident happened near Jefferson Park. I just hope the driver's family is coping well in peace from that tragic, inadvertent accident.

Oh wow! I didn't know that accident happened near Jefferson Park. I just hope the driver's family is coping well in peace from that tragic, inadvertent accident.

No I think think the accident was further south at one of the other viaducts crossing Miliwaukee, the Bloomingdale one that's being just south of this weekend's Blue Line work zone if I remember earlier posts about it correctly. I think BusHunter was saying it was deja vu due to the fast driving past a viaduct in general.

Sorry if something similar has been posted. Today I saw a New Flyer with blue/purplish headlights on Halsted running on the #8. It looked like one of the new D60LFs until an actual D60LF on the same route went past it. Then I realized that it was a D40LF. Is this part of the rehab?

Was supposed to be, but it doesn't appear that they are doing that. #1159 was the bus you probably saw. Looks cool don't it. :)

6832 was wrecked at Milwaukee/Kilbourn SB. There is some indication it was a deliberate ramming.

If you have it, post a source. All news indications were that it was raining like hell and the driver did not see the cantilevered beam. You are making very serious allegations against a dead driver.

If you have it, post a source. All news indications were that it was raining like hell and the driver did not see the cantilevered beam. You are making very serious allegations against a dead driver.

I thought it slid on ice, but maybe it did hydroplane. Sounds like maybe he was doing a lane change and could never straighten the bus back out. You wouldn't have any control in a hydroplane, the vehicle would just continue straight with no brakes. The angle of the crash might help, if it was dead on 90 degrees then maybe a suicide, if it's on an angle probably not.

I thought it slid on ice, but maybe it did hydroplane. Sounds like maybe he was doing a lane change and could never straighten the bus back out. You wouldn't have any control in a hydroplane, the vehicle would just continue straight with no brakes. The angle of the crash might help, if it was dead on 90 degrees then maybe a suicide, if it's on an angle probably not.

It was a beam sticking out from the underside of the bridge in the center of the road.

Anyway, I'm not sure why this is being rehashed 8 years after the accident (Tribune reference, which says that the driver swerved to avoid a puddle).

My point was that it misstates the nature of the accident to say it happened at Kilbourn, when the operative fact is that it happened at the Metra/Milw N viaduct, and the type of post to which I objected is reprehensible to any of the driver's survivors, unless there is proof to back it up. Where's the proof, Andre?