1000-series D40LF - Updates & Retirements

BusHunter

To add on to what sw is talking about, the only thing left of the 11 is the piece starting at the Western Brown Line station going north and ending at McCormick/Howard, its north terminus after the Evanston CTA bus service got restructured and resulted in the 93 getting extended to the Davis Purple Line station as replacements to the old 202 Main/Emerson and 204 Dodge routes.

Yes it is it well slightly anyway lol it has the new engine.

All that for a new engine??? That's a tough call because of the fact that there's no new lighting, Clever Device, ada inserts on the seats, decals, nor the compartment the leads to the right tire. Are you sure this wasn't a different situation in why it needed a new engine?

It does work but when he hits a bump both the runbox and front destination go out like something is not connected good. Btw I caught up with #1941. That bus is a full rehab like #1986.

Oh I see. Yeah I know about #1941 being rehabbed but I've decided not to upload the pics of it.

All that for a new engine??? That's a tough call because of the fact that there's no new lighting, Clever Device, ada inserts on the seats, decals, nor the compartment the leads to the right tire. Are you sure this wasn't a different situation in why it needed a new engine?

When it comes to the rehabs, all that that you just listed is relatively minor. They're looking to extend the useful life of those buses so it's pretty much a given that the main focus is going to be on the internal workings like engines, transmissions, etc. Seat inserts, decals and the like are more cosmetic items that don't extend that bus's usefulness. For the money being spent I think we want to make sure that the bulk of it is going to redoing engines, transmissions and the main things that make the bus run properly.

Yes it is it well slightly anyway lol it has the new engine.

It only counts if it has ALL of the following:

• Blue "This bus kneels" sticker
  • New Clever Devices screen
  • New ADA signage
  • White LED lighting
  • Engine sounds like the 2007-2009 New Flyers

P.S. The 4300s have almost every one of these, except they have the lighting that's in 1000-series buses #1630-2029, and the hybrid version's engine is similar to the 800s, 900s and 4000s.

Oh I see. Yeah I know about #1941 being rehabbed but I've decided not to upload the pics of it.

Too bad. :( I posted something before to the effect that maybe it was the second rehabbed #1900 and someone said it was only lights or they weren't sure what was done. I thought maybe it was like #1955 or #1961 but no another surprise!!

so you said you saw #1192 last week. Was it rehabbed? Cause I never saw it up north like Andre said the roster indicated. Right now it's a very fresh rehab, no exterior or interior advertising, it looks good.

When it comes to the rehabs, all that that you just listed is relatively minor. They're looking to extend the useful life of those buses so it's pretty much a given that the main focus is going to be on the internal workings like engines, transmissions, etc. Seat inserts, decals and the like are more cosmetic items that don't extend that bus's usefulness. For the money being spent I think we want to make sure that the bulk of it is going to redoing engines, transmissions and the main things that make the bus run properly.

You're indeed correct but I wonder what they're going to do with the artics when it's their time for rehabbing?

Too bad. :( I posted something before to the effect that maybe it was the second rehabbed #1900 and someone said it was only lights or they weren't sure what was done. I thought maybe it was like #1955 or #1961 but no another surprise!!

so you said you saw #1192 last week. Was it rehabbed? Cause I never saw it up north like Andre said the roster indicated. Right now it's a very fresh rehab, no exterior or interior advertising, it looks good.

It was indeed rehabbed when I saw it near Greek Town last week. Speaking of rehabs, I'm surprised that any 1800s and 2000s are yet to be touched for the process.

It only counts if it has ALL of the following:

• Blue "This bus kneels" sticker
  • New Clever Devices screen
  • New ADA signage
  • White LED lighting
  • Engine sounds like the 2007-2009 New Flyers
P.S. The 4300s have almost every one of these, except they have the lighting that's in 1000-series buses #1630-2029, and the hybrid version's engine is similar to the 800s, 900s and 4000s.

Whoa whoa!!! Lol I agree with you and Garmon757 I'm just telling you what I saw as far as that bus is concerned and it has the same engine as the rehabbed buses as well as the 4300's you can see it for yourself if you get another chace.

BusHunter, please take #1798 off the rehabbed list because it's not rehabbed. Not even an inch!!! LOL :P I've spotted it on #26 near Michigan/Chicago.

Hey Garmon, how confident are you #1201 is rehabbed? I saw the bus on the #60 and I swear it doesn't look rehabbed either.

Hey Garmon, how confident are you #1201 is rehabbed? I saw the bus on the #60 and I swear it doesn't look rehabbed either.

I'll have to see #1201 for myself to verify that. By the way, I've spotted rehabbed #1253 on #28 while I was on #J14 near Roosevelt/Lake Shore Drive dealing with #1836's crappy transmission. Man that bus definitely need to be rehabbed!

You're indeed correct but I wonder what they're going to do with the artics when it's their time for rehabbing?

Which is why if it's noticeable that the internal workings of a bus have been redone meaning they did what they needed to do make the bus run longer, then as far as I'm concerned the bus is rehabbed since it's been reported the lighting issues are a separate contract from the actual main rehab contracts that CTA announced when Claypool and Emmanuel reported the buses were undergoing rehabs. I'll leave it to you and BusHunter to worry about the minor details of "mechanical" rehabs vs "full" ones. :D

Which is why if it's noticeable that the internal workings of a bus have been redone meaning they did what they needed to do make the bus run longer, then as far as I'm concerned the bus is rehabbed since it's been reported the lighting issues are a separate contract from the actual main rehab contracts that CTA announced when Claypool and Emmanuel reported the buses were undergoing rehabs. I'll leave it to you and BusHunter to worry about the minor details of "mechanical" rehabs vs "full" ones. :D

You would say that about us! LOL :lol:

You would say that about us! LOL :lol:

LOL! All in fun. Nobody outside of those us of us who are transit enthusiasts except maybe an operator would notice the difference anyway. They'd just go "Oh the bus is still running. Good enough for me." Remember I mentioned there are folks out there croaking and spazzing about the CTA spending money to get new buses and that I posed the question to some who I verbally heard complaining if they'd rather the buses whose time is up to fall apart with them on board. :lol:

LOL! All in fun. Nobody outside of those us of us who are transit enthusiasts except maybe an operator would notice the difference anyway. They'd just go "Oh the bus is still running. Good enough for me." Remember I mentioned there are folks out there croaking and spazzing about the CTA spending money to get new buses and that I posed the question to some who I verbally heard complaining if they'd rather the buses whose time is up to fall apart with them on board. :lol:

LOL damn! I indeed remembered you chatting about that! I wouldn't be surprised if they whine about CTA spending money to get new trains :P . Speaking of people, I remembered asking a bus driver that was operating #8 northbound if he knew that the bus (#1085) was rehabbed and he surprisedly answered "Oh really?". I was like wow, how can y'all as operators don't know about what's going on with busses. LOL

....I was like wow, how can y'all as operators don't know about what's going on with busses. LOL

It still gets back to my prior comment that unless someone works for NPower or lifts the engine cover, I don't think they really know.

LOL damn! I indeed remembered you chatting about that! I wouldn't be surprised if they whine about CTA spending money to get new trains :P . Speaking of people, I remembered asking a bus driver that was operating #8 northbound if he knew that the bus (#1085) was rehabbed and he surprisedly answered "Oh really?". I was like wow, how can y'all as operators don't know about what's going on with busses. LOL

You would be surprised the amount of operators who don't know about the rehabbed buses. Some just don't care as long as they have a good running bus they cool with it lol. Of course I know about the rehabs and etc but even I can't speak about everything such as different engine types and etc Ive learned a lot from you guys on this page people like Busjack, Bus hunter& SW have shared a lot of knowledge and great information and have been here since I joined. I been a member on here since 09 and a operator since 2012 so I'm still learning and receiving good info but now I can also share info with what I see and know as an operator.

• Upvote 2