Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

Funny, what would be funnier is Chris Rock saying all electric in 2040 and Will doing the man slap saying don't cha know we only run a couple buses per week. 

I almost fainted this morning BTW. #604 was out there in service at 6am!!! It was all bunched up with artics. I always seem to see them bunched up. Must be that 9 second interlock, I mentioned. Maybe the picture should be saying as Chris Proterra #1 and will saying as Nova bus don't you know how to make an interlock???

??? yea the 600's is trash but you know they had to be late it was like 9 buses bro we cant be on time ???

4 hours ago, Anthony Devera said:

Why doesn't the current 31 end at Mercy Hospital? I think it would be a good passenger generator.

45 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Cause the 21 already goes there so CTA will say they do not need 2 buses going there but have 2 bus routes that end of jewels

Exactly. Also 21 offers a direct ride to the Green and Red Lines; 31 not as direct.

5 hours ago, Anthony Devera said:

Why doesn't the current 31 end at Mercy Hospital? I think it would be a good passenger generator.

Apparently not the generator it used to be considering the near closure of the hospital despite nearby Reese Hospital closing several years ago.   The 21 does a good job and has a better frequency than the 31 and serves the hospital daily.

On 3/31/2022 at 4:05 PM, Shannoncvpi said:

??? yea the 600's is trash but you know they had to be late it was like 9 buses bro we cant be on time ???

Yeah I know. I've been observing. I meant just the #600s were bunched not the artics. They get a lot of riders on #66 at that time going downtown. They need the artics. 

2 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Yeah I know. I've been observing. I meant just the #600s were bunched not the artics. They get a lot of riders on #66 at that time going downtown. They need the artics. 

That's why we either need an 8th garage or let 77th/NP hold it's true capacity of up to 400 buses. 2, 4, 8, 20,  66, 72, 79 are artic worthy locals in my eyes but 77th and Chicago has needs to move some lighter routes out to accommodate the proper amount of artic's needed to hold a schedule. Yeah they slow down the street slightly but 22 and 151 manage successfully because NP usually has K to fall back on for help with fleet requirements and helping rehook runs for maximum artic usage; 77th honestly can't send anything they have anywhere else cause it's neighbors are strained themselves. 2, 4, 8 and 79 require about 80 buses combined which is 120 buses space wise since we're trying to introduce artic's. Another 60-80 for 20, 72, 66 at C so with the headache of trying to not go over the 250 bus limit that's probably the part of the reason they can't make the changes to work artics successfully on those routes like their Northside local counterparts. 

Chicago is a wide street artics work well there. There's this pullout from Kedzie I see. It always seems to pullout around 7. One day it had this #65 destination and I thought that was weird but when it gets up to chicago av. The destination flips to a #66. So chicago and kedzie is doing artics on #66.

44 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Chicago is a wide street artics work well there. There's this pullout from Kedzie I see. It always seems to pullout around 7. One day it had this #65 destination and I thought that was weird but when it gets up to chicago av. The destination flips to a #66. So chicago and kedzie is doing artics on #66.

Yeah I get that part but TAs usually prefer artics to be fully assigned or not at all. Look at how Clark runs. Chicago and 77th can't do the same because equiping the entire street for all artic worthy routes would be a squeeze stroage wise and there goes the room for spare ratio. That's why I suggested st least 77th and NP stop with the 250 bus limit especially since that would be the only way to accommodate enough and still have enough spare ratio. Nothing nearby can take most of 77ths routes and the routes that COULD go somewhere else aren't enough to make room 

52 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

And wow a 65 grand trip from K?? You said 7 as in AM? Cause the schedule shows a trip leaving Navy Pier and ending at troy as you described, but it's hard to tell since Ive seen quite a few 65s show the interline on maths22. Never realized 66 short turns came from so many places.  We got the obvious 12/66 interline both K and C does, the 65s, and a school run or two from 157 that was caught by tracking the 600s. Then I also noticed I doing an evening trip on 66 idk what that does before or after

5 hours ago, Sam92 said:

And wow a 65 grand trip from K?? You said 7 as in AM? Cause the schedule shows a trip leaving Navy Pier and ending at troy as you described, but it's hard to tell since Ive seen quite a few 65s show the interline on maths22. Never realized 66 short turns came from so many places.  We got the obvious 12/66 interline both K and C does, the 65s, and a school run or two from 157 that was caught by tracking the 600s. Then I also noticed I doing an evening trip on 66 idk what that does before or after

Very few times I a help C with the 65 last time ive known was during air & water show & a few other things but we mostly help with the 66 am & pm rush just like C help with the 12 am & pm rush

3 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Very few times I a help C with the 65 last time ive known was during air & water show & a few other things but we mostly help with the 66 am & pm rush just like C help with the 12 am & pm rush

I know it always lays over before the bridge at chicago/Sacramento. Seems like its on its way to somewhere, like you know how Kedzie did #77's and became a #156.  I'll have to give you a bus number or run number. I know #4100 did that run but that may have been as long as 2 months ago. Maybe if I'm looking for #600"s in the morning I should check out the #12. 

9 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Yeah I get that part but TAs usually prefer artics to be fully assigned or not at all. Look at how Clark runs. Chicago and 77th can't do the same because equiping the entire street for all artic worthy routes would be a squeeze stroage wise and there goes the room for spare ratio. That's why I suggested st least 77th and NP stop with the 250 bus limit especially since that would be the only way to accommodate enough and still have enough spare ratio. Nothing nearby can take most of 77ths routes and the routes that COULD go somewhere else aren't enough to make room 

Artics work good on #66 though. When you have 10 to 15 riders at central everyday and quite a few everywhere else, you need something with max capacity. (I mean they have  riders at every stop like a #77). I don't know how short the manpower is at chicago. But 9 buses, if you figure the 2 to 3 ratio would be about 14 buses if they were 40 footers. But Madison is like that too busy and sprinkled with artics not as many though. 

6 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Artics work good on #66 though. When you have 10 to 15 riders at central everyday and quite a few everywhere else, you need something with max capacity. (I mean they have  riders at every stop like a #77). I don't know how short the manpower is at chicago. But 9 buses, if you figure the 2 to 3 ratio would be about 14 buses if they were 40 footers. But Madison is like that too busy and sprinkled with artics not as many though. 

Yeah I agree that they work good it's just from what I read around if you want a line with artics it's more efficient to run all artics instead of a mix. Chicago and 77th could use some artics but they'd need the space of like 60-100 buses maybe more to house them for just 3 routes each. If we had Fisk we could move the inner city work there and clear out space for artics to work at those two

6 hours ago, BusHunter said:

I know it always lays over before the bridge at chicago/Sacramento. Seems like its on its way to somewhere, like you know how Kedzie did #77's and became a #156.  I'll have to give you a bus number or run number. I know #4100 did that run but that may have been as long as 2 months ago. Maybe if I'm looking for #600"s in the morning I should check out the #12. 

I don't think they've shown up on the 12. I know for sure one shows or has shown up as doing a short turn on #157 then deadheading to start a short turn 66. I don't see any #65 runs in 4100s history but Chicago has a few artics In the 4100 range so it was a Chicago run. Didn't know that a 65 was hooked with a 66 from Troy but it definitely shows on the schedule coming from navy pier to Troy. I always thought 65 and 66 interlined at the pier

8 hours ago, BusHunter said:

They will run on either or bro