Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

1 minute ago, Shannoncvpi said:

They will run on either or bro 

What's confusing and new is we're finding out Kedzie is possibly doing a 65 run on top of the 66/12 interline but a search of 4100 shows it never did what he said so maybe he saw one of Chicagos runs on 65/66 that I'm just now learning also chips on on the Troy runs. I get what you guys are saying Its just up until we started looking heavily at 66 cause of the electrics we well I thought the only interline was 12/66 never realized there was a 157 thrown in or a 65 that leaves Navy Pier to start the 66 from Troy. I always assumed whatever went on between 65/66 interlines were at the pier to stop as much deadheading.

4 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Well I saw that bus coming out of the yard. So if it's a chicago bus, it must have visited kedzie that day. Sometimes I turn at Jackson/Kedzie so I get a good look at the pullout sometimes. The bus was #4100 not a 4100. 

Wth I got that bus at 77th!!

8 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

It shows at 77th before and recently kedzie

Then I need to update that. I took a look at maths tracker for the bus. If you look at 3/2, it looks like that's the run. It has a 720 startup but it shows it going to the pier and coming back, so what is that like half a tripper!! Lol!

Just now, BusHunter said:

Then I need to update that.

Transferred from 77th to Kedzie around November. What's odd is it never showed a trip on 65 so maybe it left to do a Troy run and just had a sign glitch while out of service going to start a Troy trip. 

4 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

Transferred from 77th to Kedzie around November. What's odd is it never showed a trip on 65 so maybe it left to do a Troy run and just had a sign glitch while out of service going to start a Troy trip. 

For some reason the sign displays that on a pullout, the second it makes the turn at chicago it flips to #66.

What's odd to me is that C has to help out K on the 12. But K has to help out C on the 66.  It would seem like each could take care of its own routes rather than  sending buses to help out another garage when that gara8needs help from the garage its helping.   C is definitely closer to Chicago Ave than K and K is closer to Roosevelt than C.

5 hours ago, Sam92 said:

What's confusing and new is we're finding out Kedzie is possibly doing a 65 run on top of the 66/12 interline but a search of 4100 shows it never did what he said so maybe he saw one of Chicagos runs on 65/66 that I'm just now learning also chips on on the Troy runs. I get what you guys are saying Its just up until we started looking heavily at 66 cause of the electrics we well I thought the only interline was 12/66 never realized there was a 157 thrown in or a 65 that leaves Navy Pier to start the 66 from Troy. I always assumed whatever went on between 65/66 interlines were at the pier to stop as much deadheading.

That's must be some new the 2 garages got going on 

8 minutes ago, geneking7320 said:

Hi Folks;

This weekend I saw the #35 operating to the 31st street beach  and the #63 operating to the 63rd street beach.

Isn't this a little early [4/2/2022 and 4/3/2022] or did I miss something?

They started experimenting with earlier lakefront service cause even though the beaches won't officially open till memorial day as long as the weather's decent people are gonna hang on the lake. Also all beach routes are doing the beaches 7 days a week when they open not just 63 and 72 no more

7 hours ago, artthouwill said:

What's odd to me is that C has to help out K on the 12. But K has to help out C on the 66.  It would seem like each could take care of its own routes rather than  sending buses to help out another garage when that gara8needs help from the garage its helping.   C is definitely closer to Chicago Ave than K and K is closer to Roosevelt than C.

Well usually when weird crap like that happens it's usually because one garages is slammed during a certain time while the other garage that wodnt make sense to chip in is doing it because they were the only ones with idle buses (i.e #108's breif stint at 74th). Also Roosevelt is close to UIC which #157 serves; we saw one #157 trip that goes to 66 so maybe when #157 went to C they might have thrown a few 12/66/157 interlines. 

10 hours ago, BusHunter said:

For some reason the sign displays that on a pullout, the second it makes the turn at chicago it flips to #66.

Yeah signs for out of service buses do weird stuff. I remember being on 79th and state seeing an artic pulling out to the Chicago state terminal with a #1 Bronzeville/Union sign. 

16 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Especially that 0700 pullout from Kedzie that does a #66 half tripper. It seems that's all it does. Usually they would help on a pullout but I never heard of ones entire run being at the other garage. 

11 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Well usually when weird crap like that happens it's usually because one garages is slammed during a certain time while the other garage that wodnt make sense to chip in is doing it because they were the only ones with idle buses (i.e #108's breif stint at 74th). Also Roosevelt is close to UIC which #157 serves; we saw one #157 trip that goes to 66 so maybe when #157 went to C they might have thrown a few 12/66/157 interlines. 

O remember 74th doing some q08s, but 103rd wasn't simultaneously doing 63s either. 

On 4/3/2022 at 9:04 PM, Sam92 said:

They started experimenting with earlier lakefront service cause even though the beaches won't officially open till memorial day as long as the weather's decent people are gonna hang on the lake. Also all beach routes are doing the beaches 7 days a week when they open not just 63 and 72 no more

Thanks for the info!  ?

Are the bus stops for former CTA routes listed anywhere? 

I'm specifically interested in finding out what stops were along the former 92W West Foster route.

http://irm-cta.org/RouteDescriptions/F/Foster,West/FosterWest.html

I assume that past the Kennedy Expressway, the stops would've probably been the same or similar to the 88 Higgins route.

https://www.transitchicago.com/assets/1/6/stoplist_88.htm

So Foster & Menard, Foster & Marmora, Foster & Austin, Foster & Meade, Foster & Melvina, Foster & Mobile, Foster & Nagle, Foster & Neenah, Foster & Natoma, Foster & Rutherford, Foster & Newcastle, Foster & Newland, Foster & Nordica, Foster & Montclare

But then again, I could be wrong.

Does anyone know where I can find a list of those CTA bus routes that were considered for elimination back in the Fall of 2007?

https://www.transitchicago.com/cta-president-releases-2008-budget-recommendations

The press release from then has a hyperlinked PDF titled "Proposed Route Eliminations," but unfortunately the link seems to be dead.

32 minutes ago, cityguy426 said:

Does anyone know where I can find a list of those CTA bus routes that were considered for elimination back in the Fall of 2007?

https://www.transitchicago.com/cta-president-releases-2008-budget-recommendations

The press release from then has a hyperlinked PDF titled "Proposed Route Eliminations," but unfortunately the link seems to be dead.

See Table 1 on page 25 and Table 2 on page 26:

https://www.transitchicago.com/assets/1/6/2008sum.pdf

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

EB 65 buses leave every 10-21 mins from Grand/Nordica, but WB buses leave Navy Pier every 20-21. Is this a typo in the schedule, or something else?

I don't know.   It could be a typo.   But it could also be true if EB is the peak direction service.   My guess would be service every 10 to 21 minutes in both directions. 

4 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

I don't know.   It could be a typo.   But it could also be true if EB is the peak direction service.   My guess would be service every 10 to 21 minutes in both directions. 

EB is the peak direction service, but what I saw was the service frequency during the midday, which is as follows: 8:30a-2:45p for EB, 10-21 mins & 10a-12:45p for WB, 20-21 mins. While WB had a shorter range, the scheduled departures before and after for both directions were every 20 mins.