Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

18 minutes ago, Busjack said:

That isn't supposed to be that much, considering that they are 12 year 500k service life buses. Sounds like there are maintenance problems. That's still assuming that buses out of 77th have always gotten a workout.

Maintenance is key to opening pandoras box. I've had several #7900s with numerous issues in recent months interior and exterior are surface level issues. The rear exhaust is always overheating causing the bus to sometimes stall on acceleration, the braking system is just as bad as a TMC, the shields themselves are falling apart to the point where they're hard to close and unlock. Don't get me started on that front overhang and suspension either. 

39 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Along with the 7900 being soft & built cheap af most of them before 8200 have maybe 200k+ on them with ciry driving they are tired 

Again, they have a 500K service life, so they better get about 300k of pep.

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

Probably moved to FG, and it looks like a number are due for a midlife rehab.

They do need the rehab, I wonder if they’ll keep the hopper windows but just tint the glass and reinstall them or completely strip the windows and replace them with the non hopper windows that the #8325’s and #8350’s have

10 hours ago, Bus1883 said:

They do need the rehab, I wonder if they’ll keep the hopper windows but just tint the glass and reinstall them or completely strip the windows and replace them with the non hopper windows that the #8325’s and #8350’s have

CTA must have greater faith that the air conditioning works, which it hasn't had for about 45 years (when solid windows were replaced with sliders).

3 hours ago, Busjack said:

CTA must have greater faith that the air conditioning works, which it hasn't had for about 45 years (when solid windows were replaced with sliders).

It’s been a while since they’ve last replaced any windows on any fleets. But I slightly doubt that this will happen in the overhauls on the #7900’s, just the engines that will probably be rebuilt or more like a mechanical rehab as I can imagine.

Edited by Bus1883

On 4/25/2022 at 10:09 AM, YoungBusLover said:

Maintenance is key to opening pandoras box. I've had several #7900s with numerous issues in recent months interior and exterior are surface level issues. The rear exhaust is always overheating causing the bus to sometimes stall on acceleration, the braking system is just as bad as a TMC, the shields themselves are falling apart to the point where they're hard to close and unlock. Don't get me started on that front overhang and suspension either. 

My “cosmetic” pet peeves with the 7900’s are missing or loose mirrors, shield doors that won’t close or open, and wheelchair ramps that won’t stay down. 

2 minutes ago, NovaHater said:

My “cosmetic” pet peeves with the 7900’s are missing or loose mirrors, shield doors that won’t close or open, and wheelchair ramps that won’t stay down. 

I had #7939 this past weekend and the drivers shield was extremely to close due the to latch itself above the spring lock was broken, so I would have to slam the shield several times just to get the latch  lock in place and close. 

2 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

The 6400's at all garages need to be ran they have been sitting over a year now I know that they have inspected all of them by now

Whatever....they were supposed to be replaced by the 600s, so where they should be is Sims, Adelman's, or a similar scrap yard.

On 4/27/2022 at 7:33 PM, Shannoncvpi said:

I heard the same but he'll starting them up gone be hard catse half of them haven ran since they were parked over a year ago 

Needs some elbow grease. Mothball and reserves (if treated and easily fixed) can get them running easily. 

On 4/27/2022 at 3:04 PM, Shannoncvpi said:

The 6400's at all garages need to be ran they have been sitting over a year now I know that they have inspected all of them by now

I am wondering what type of events that they are needed for or put them in the boneyard since the #8350’s are still preparing themselves to attack soon.