Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

3 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Saw this interesting graphic on twitter. Not sure of all the useful applications, but one could be figuring out bus lane placement.

UIC has the 157 putting up crazy numbers, especially for a route that doesn’t run on the weekend

94512C29-878E-4E8A-B786-0DBF1F313141.jpeg

Well there' are no classes on the weekend. 

3 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Saw this interesting graphic on twitter. Not sure of all the useful applications, but one could be figuring out bus lane placement.

It's part of Better Streets for Buses, which was discussed here.

6 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

UIC has the 157 putting up crazy numbers, especially for a route that doesn’t run on the weekend

94512C29-878E-4E8A-B786-0DBF1F313141.jpeg

Having ridden the 157, the UIC & St. Ignatius students can real pack those buses.

Heres something fun this is stock footage (the video you see on the news where they talk over it) of some old school cta stuff, unfortunately because its stock most of it doesn't have any sound.

5800 NFs and 6000 Flxs in the snow the old 129 route and a 5800 running around with no engine panel

4000 MAN in the snow

TMC taking off

Fishbowls brokedown in the cold

5300 Flx on 39

4000 MAN cool reminder their signs flipped vertically, seems to be movie shoot with K run number and #3 signs

5300 on 72

6000 Flxs

6000 Flx cta charter sign

Dan Ryan line 70s

2400s with a plow 1979 blizzard

2400s on Lake Dan Ryan

2000s station stop

Green Line 2200s movie shoot

some newer stuff:

Red Line shuttle operations at Garfield

Fresh Moves Nova

7900 Nova pilot

On 4/27/2022 at 6:33 PM, YoungBusLover said:

They're on the back burner right now for special events and emergency use at this point from what I was told. 

Like they did with 6042, 6221, 6223, 6224, 6227, & 6237 right?

Ok so I have been looking for unit #801 in the 800-series somewhere on the internet since it was sold to Paramount studios in May 2016 along with the four L cars. It’s going on six years since it hasn’t been on CTA property does anyone know if it’s still there or scrapped? 

2 hours ago, Bus1883 said:

Ok so I have been looking for unit #801 in the 800-series somewhere on the internet since it was sold to Paramount studios in May 2016 along with the four L cars. It’s going on six years since it hasn’t been on CTA property does anyone know if it’s still there or scrapped? 

maybe @YoungBusLoverknows something bout 801

10 hours ago, Bus1883 said:

I looked up 801's VIN number on the registration website.

Screenshot 2022-05-10 7.54.27 AM.png

1 hour ago, strictures said:

A woman waiting for an EB 84 Peterson bus was killed while in a bus shelter opposite the target at 2100 Peterson.  Some idiot driver hit & destroyed the shelter & killed her.

That's terrible.   Was it a hit and run or is it possible the driver suffered a medical emergency?

[color=8b008b] OOfw. I hope this will be a little more than [i]that post[/i].

I am sitting at the bar on the 1st floor of [url=https://www.onelakebrewing.com/]1st Lake Brwg[/url]. I want to leave here via the CTA route #91 Austin route.

The Authority's bus tracker is responding there is [b]one bus[/b] on the entire route, and it is not due here for [i]more than 30 minutes[/i].

This is ridiculous. There is no way the Authority is running a major north-south route with [i]only one bus[/i]. Even at 20:54 at Saturday night.

So - where am I venting? At BustRacker for having a misadustiged bus arrival datapoint? Or at the PDA for operating a service where [i]unchecked[/i] data is posted? I default.

Please advise. [/color]

55 minutes ago, pudgym29 said:

[color=8b008b] OOfw. I hope this will be a little more than [i]that post[/i].

I am sitting at the bar on the 1st floor of [url=https://www.onelakebrewing.com/]1st Lake Brwg[/url]. I want to leave here via the CTA route #91 Austin route.

The Authority's bus tracker is responding there is [b]one bus[/b] on the entire route, and it is not due here for [i]more than 30 minutes[/i].

This is ridiculous. There is no way the Authority is running a major north-south route with [i]only one bus[/i]. Even at 20:54 at Saturday night.

So - where am I venting? At BustRacker for having a misadustiged bus arrival datapoint? Or at the PDA for operating a service where [i]unchecked[/i] data is posted? I default.

Please advise. [/color]

Sometimes the tracker can be off.  You have been on the forum long enough to know people have reported "ghost " buses.  Those are buses on a route but not listed on the tracker.  It could be a glitch or GPS issue  

It's also possible that there could be only one bus on the route.  You would have to look at an actual schedule to determine how many buses should be on the route at that given time.   But you also have to remember we are still in a pandemic.  There are plenty of bus and rail operators who are off for various reasons including COVID.     With higher amounts of call offs  , CTA is short staffed.  The rail stations have announcement saying they are running as much service as possible but to expect longer than normal wait times.   FG has few routes to pull buses from since a lit if their routes are running skeleton service as it is based on this time of night.  Ve glad they have a bus or two on the route.  Imagine that being the case on a major north south crosstown route like the 8 Halsted.