Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

32 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

correct NB says 147 OUTER DUSABLE LAKE SHORE EXPRESS TO SHERIDAN/DEVON and other says TO HOWARD STN

They must have updated the NB side. Yesterday all the NB buses were still displaying 147 OUTER DRV EXP and only SB buses were displaying the change in route names.

Has anybody else noticed all the buses with Gopuff ads lol? Every bus I’ve caught in the past two weeks had the Gopuff ad wraps on them and even most of the buses I see. A lot of 1000s, 7900s, 4300s and especially  the 4000s had the wraps. Some 1000s are even full body wrapped.

1 minute ago, Javi78 said:

Has anybody else noticed all the buses with Gopuff ads lol? Every bus I’ve caught in the past two weeks had the Gopuff ad wraps on them and even most of the buses I see. A lot of 1000s, 7900s, 4300s and especially  the 4000s had the wraps. Some 1000s are even full body wrapped.

I just got recruited as a biker lol. They're growing 

3 hours ago, Javi78 said:

A lot of buses are wrapped in that trash ?

3 hours ago, Javi78 said:

3 hours ago, Sam92 said:

I just got recruited as a biker lol. They're growing 

When I first noticed them, there were just a few of them, mainly fully wrapped 1000s. But as time progressed, I starting seeing more of them and across more bus models. I took it as a sign that GoPuff is growing and growing fast. Further evidence was the increased number of bikers seen up in my neck of the woods.

5 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

GoPuff is blue, Getir is purple. Ngl I don't mind either, gopuff was advertised on CTA for a few years and Getir is getting into the game

IMG_3065.JPG

IMG_3141.JPG

Yeah Getir's footprint is growing too now that they're on the scene. I've seen the number of their bikers grow too, especially in recent weeks.

On 3/28/2022 at 4:14 PM, Tcmetro said:

I was looking through some old maps, and they suggest that routes like 31, 39, 43, 51, 59 at one time didn't go out of the way to connect with the Dan Ryan line. I imagine modifying those lines also contributed to ridership decline on the South Side Main.

Edit: looks like the changes happened in 1994 when the Green Line closed and were never reverted upon reopening in 1996.

They were rerouted 1/9/1994 and you are correct, although restored to serve Green line stations when they reopened 5/12/1996, the routing via the Red line was continued.

The 31 was not rerouted in 1994 and route was withdrawn 10/4/1997. It was not until restored 9/2/2016 that it was routed via 35th Red line station.

9 hours ago, busfan2847 said:

They were rerouted 1/9/1994 and you are correct, although restored to serve Green line stations when they reopened 5/12/1996, the routing via the Red line was continued.

The 31 was not rerouted in 1994 and route was withdrawn 10/4/1997. It was not until restored 9/2/2016 that it was routed via 35th Red line station.

Dam the 31 been back 5 years now dont seem like its been that long & what the OG 31 right only went down 31St

9 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Dam the 31 been back 5 years now dont seem like its been that long & what the OG 31 right only went down 31St

For most of the 5 years it was a pilot with some extensions before it became permanent 

It was reintroduced along with a pilot to re extend the 11 from Western Brown Line to Fullerton.  However the 21 got to luve and the 11 extension got axed again 

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

For most of the 5 years it was a pilot with some extensions before it became permanent 

It was reintroduced along with a pilot to re extend the 11 from Western Brown Line to Fullerton.  However the 21 got to luve and the 11 extension got axed again 

Yea I know the 11 & 31 came back at the sametime just cant beleive its been 5 years already but the 11 got knocked down to its OG route

10 minutes ago, Anthony Devera said:

Why doesn't the current 31 end at Mercy Hospital? I think it would be a good passenger generator.

The original 31 also served Michael Reese Hospital. When the 31 was cut. Initially the 35 was extended to serve both hospitals. But when Reese was closed, it made more sense to extend the 21 and have the 35 terminal go back to Cottage Grove. 

Just now, artthouwill said:

The original 31 also served Michael Reese Hospital. When the 31 was cut. Initially the 35 was extended to serve both hospitals. But when Reese was closed, it made more sense to extend the 21 and have the 35 terminal go back to Cottage Grove. 

Besides that. I believe Mercy is closed, or at least was threatening to close.

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

Besides that. I believe Mercy is closed, or at least was threatening to close.

Trinity threatened to close it, but it was taken over by soneone else, and is now Insight Hospital. Address is 2525 S. Michigan, so the bus serves it. 25th and Indiana is the layover point, 

21.jpg

2 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Diesel buses are way better then the junk CTA is moving towards

FB_IMG_1648746441075.jpg

Funny, what would be funnier is Chris Rock saying all electric in 2040 and Will doing the man slap saying don't cha know we only run a couple buses per week. 

I almost fainted this morning BTW. #604 was out there in service at 6am!!! It was all bunched up with artics. I always seem to see them bunched up. Must be that 9 second interlock, I mentioned. Maybe the picture should be saying as Chris Proterra #1 and will saying as Nova bus don't you know how to make an interlock???