Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

59 minutes ago, pudgym29 said:

This is the other deficency of what is occuring with BustRacker.

On Wednesday, I was taking part in Logan Square Beer Week. I was at Marz @ Western & Armitage - looking out on Western. I had the overhauled BustRacker on one tab of my laptop. A couple of times that evening, a northbound route #49 bus which was not appearing on BustRacker ran by.

A bus not showing up on BustRacker is as rough, if not rougher, then a display reporting it will arrive in ## minutes ~ but does not. Whoever is maintaining BustRacker's software needs to get the stern word from a supervisor. Fix it. ?

It's just like the cta maths website when it never refreshes after 10 mins

On 9/20/2022 at 10:00 PM, pudgym29 said:

This is the other deficency of what is occuring with BustRacker.

On Wednesday, I was taking part in Logan Square Beer Week. I was at Marz @ Western & Armitage - looking out on Western. I had the overhauled BustRacker on one tab of my laptop. A couple of times that evening, a northbound route #49 bus which was not appearing on BustRacker ran by.

A bus not showing up on BustRacker is as rough, if not rougher, then a display reporting it will arrive in ## minutes ~ but does not. Whoever is maintaining BustRacker's software needs to get the stern word from a supervisor. Fix it. ?

and now it shows this when i try to do something...

FB281CD3-F22D-417E-A75D-7ED4C20EEBCB.png

19 hours ago, EdwardL803 said:

Probably not. Intervals can be inferred from the timetables. It usually takes a Freedom of Information Act request to get a roster. Given such things as "More Bus Moves" and sightings of artics from Kedzie on other garages' routes,it is impossible to say that certain routes are exclusively 40 or 60 foot buses.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Javi75 said:

Looks like nobody showed up to work at Kimball, there’s only three brown line trains running today. I feel bad for the CTA call center employees on Monday morning, that phone is going to ring off the hook. The other riders aren’t as patient as I am.

i was lucky enough to catch a kimball train downtown earlier only had to wait 5 mins his follower was at fullerton and that trains follower was at kedzie

Here is a web map of CTA bus routes that I wish existed on the northside of the city.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=15P05cl8S5ccNK7L2v3USfIP0mp96qa8&usp=sharing

I made the routes for fun as bus service currently doesn't exist on these streets. They're probably not practical to operate in real life, but oh well it's always fun to imagine.

5 hours ago, urbanguy0508 said:

Here is a web map of CTA bus routes that I wish existed on the northside of the city.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=15P05cl8S5ccNK7L2v3USfIP0mp96qa8&usp=sharing

I made the routes for fun as bus service currently doesn't exist on these streets. They're probably not practical to operate in real life, but oh well it's always fun to imagine.

there used to be a foster bus but got cut back i think it was because of low ridership idk but these routes would be nice irl hopefully one day

• Upvote 1

When CTA fully rehabs the blue line and get newer equipment would that jeopardize the 56 Milwaukee? Would this route ever be on the chopping block due to its proximity to the blue line or get reduced to just going to the Logan Square blue line station? Right now the 56 is more reliable than the blue line but that’s only a problem until the blue lines fully rehabbed and equipped with newer equipment. 

When CTA fully rehabs the blue line and get newer equipment would that jeopardize the 56 Milwaukee? Would this route ever be on the chopping block due to its proximity to the blue line or get reduced to just going to the Logan Square blue line station? Right now the 56 is more reliable than the blue line but that’s only a problem until the blue lines fully rehabbed and equipped with newer equipment. 

For the most part, CTA wants a parallel bus route to its L lines.  The only parallel bus route that i can recall not working was the 16 Lake, which ran mostly under the Lake Street L.   I suppose we could add the 131 Washington to that list as it also paralleled the Lake St L.   Now that I think about it,  the 11 Lincoln didn't work out for the Brown Line either, but outside of those, the other lines including the SSM have parallel routes 

11 hours ago, artthouwill said:

For the most part, CTA wants a parallel bus route to its L lines.  The only parallel bus route that i can recall not working was the 16 Lake, which ran mostly under the Lake Street L.   I suppose we could add the 131 Washington to that list as it also paralleled the Lake St L.   Now that I think about it,  the 11 Lincoln didn't work out for the Brown Line either, but outside of those, the other lines including the SSM have parallel routes 

What made the 11 Lincoln fail, was it after the brown line started running 8 car trains that the 11 became less needed? The weirdest thing was cutting the 11 past western brown line but bringing back the 37. How does the 37 work better than when the 11 did the hybrid route? Did it ease operations at NP when decrowding took effect, also at the time I thought the decrowding was political, Forrest Claypool was a Rahm puppet in CTA. 

What made the 11 Lincoln fail, was it after the brown line started running 8 car trains that the 11 became less needed? The weirdest thing was cutting the 11 past western brown line but bringing back the 37. How does the 37 work better than when the 11 did the hybrid route? Did it ease operations at NP when decrowding took effect, also at the time I thought the decrowding was political, Forrest Claypool was a Rahm puppet in CTA. 

I suppose the 37 does a decent job as a Brown Line reliever south of Fullerton .  Chances are if you board at Armitage, Sedgwick,  or Chicago/Franklin,  you will be standing, assuming you don't let a train go by because its packed.  Add in the fact that the Purple Line trains are still only six cars.  The 11 didn't garner enough ridership south of Western Brown Line,  which led to the demise of that segment   Essentially,  the hybrid 11 Lincoln/Sedgwick was connecting two separate ridership patterns with a lull in the middle, hence the decision to restore the 37 and cut back the 11 to the most productive portion of the route.

On 10/1/2022 at 10:32 AM, Shannoncvpi said:

Replacing more tracks on the cottage Grove end to end slow zone cta will say to speed up service but won't find how they do schedules so it won't speed up nothing just replacing some tracks that been needed to be replaced 

idk if you remember the “FastTracks” program but i’m pretty sure these weekend line cuts on the cottage grove branch are part of it 

56 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

I suppose the 37 does a decent job as a Brown Line reliever south of Fullerton .  Chances are if you board at Armitage, Sedgwick,  or Chicago/Franklin,  you will be standing, assuming you don't let a train go by because its packed.  Add in the fact that the Purple Line trains are still only six cars.  The 11 didn't garner enough ridership south of Western Brown Line,  which led to the demise of that segment   Essentially,  the hybrid 11 Lincoln/Sedgwick was connecting two separate ridership patterns with a lull in the middle, hence the decision to restore the 37 and cut back the 11 to the most productive portion of the route.

11’s ridership was a down low when it was extended to clinton i remember riding it full route but also it’s ridership is “ok” up until peterson on the north end after that sometimes it feels like your deadheading to howard/mccormick 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Tcmetro said:

I doubt it because the 56 is relatively busy and because a lot of Blue Line stations are not accessible.

The 56 was listed for elimination on 1/6/2008 as part of the 2007-2008 Doomsday service cuts of 82 routes. This was delayed to 1/20/2008 and then then not carried out after Baglojevich agreed to tax increases on 1/17/2008!

5 hours ago, Javi75 said:

Someone on this forum pointed out that the 11 often got stuck at the many 6-way intersections on that stretch of Lincoln between Western and Fullerton, so people felt like the route was too slow. In contrast, the other diagonal routes (e.g. 56, 62) don't get stuck at as many 6-way intersections. The current 11 and 37 don't seem to have that problem either.