What's left for #4400's TMC's

BusHunter

Does anyone know what the bus numbers of 4400s that been bought by Peoria Citylink? Im thinking of buying one for myself with my tax refund LOL!!!

You might be able to afford it at $900 each, but, as my mother says, it may be the gift that keeps on costing. :lol:

Does anyone know what the bus numbers of 4400s that been bought by Peoria Citylink? Im thinking of buying one for myself with my tax refund LOL!!!

Pretty sure it'll be the few remaining ones that were around/just retired prior to total retirement....

4516, 4550, 4579, 4592, 4648, 4658, 4687, 4710, 4745, 4749, 4758, 4761, 4774, 4828

10 of these are in Peoria, 4 are.... well this basically describes it... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Pretty sure it'll be the few remaining ones that were around/just retired prior to total retirement....

4516, 4550, 4579, 4592, 4648, 4658, 4687, 4710, 4745, 4749, 4758, 4761, 4774, 4828

10 of these are in Peoria, 4 are.... well this basically describes it... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

Well Played.

This is the link to that Peoria Tv station. The story as told from Peoria's point of view is there. Make sure you click on watch the video. It shows the three buses in question. Link to Peoria TV station

Couldn't get the video to load, but several of the comments to that story indicate that the locals were not impressed.

This is the link to that Peoria Tv station. The story as told from Peoria's point of view is there. Make sure you click on watch the video. It shows the three buses in question. Link to Peoria TV station

Wow, #4732 and #4748, I drove them out of FG. Im going to plan a trip to Peoria to ride them. I wonder if CityLink will renumber the buses or keep the CTA numbers. At the very least they'll be around for a while longer. It could be worse, these buses couldve ended up at 92/Ewing and met the same fate as their counterparts.

• 10 years later...
12 hours ago, WCR said:

On a related note, anyone know where the 4900-series TMC Narrows ended up (probably scrapped but it's worth a shot)? I know they were retired a few years earlier than the 4400s...

I think they was junked but it gotta be a few still sitting in the bone yard cuz it's a few 53' & 60's there 

1 hour ago, sw4400 said:

Well, if you want a little trip down memory lane... how about riding #4808 again?

I remember riding that bus in 04 when me & my OG went up north to her friend house & it sounded like that then I sat in the back right corner slide the window open & had my arm hanging out like the way I drive now with my arm hanging out