More Bus Moves

sw4400

26 minutes ago, Mr.cta85 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if FG ended up losing all their Novas and get all flyers starting from 1000’s and up lol. They had nothing but 6400’s for a long time till they got some flyers then eventually the newer novas. 

We need to get back 1026-1027 lol it has been long enough with those two down south

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Mr.cta85 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if FG ended up losing all their Novas and get all flyers starting from 1000’s and up lol. They had nothing but 6400’s for a long time till they got some flyers then eventually the newer novas. 

That all depends on the #600s and #8350s at thus point. I highly doubt they'll become an all New Flyer garage like North Park,management up there just wouldn't allow it at this point in time.

17 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Owl service is supposed to be 30 min BUT since the last NB non owl buses don’t get to Irving till 1:29 (and owl starts around midnight) you see southbound getting 15 min headways until nearly 3am when the last “daytime” bus finally makes it’s way back south then goes back to 74th while NB jumps straight to 30 min at midnight or 1am. Every other SB that finally makes it’s way south turns around and goes back to 74th. I’m not saying Ashland didn’t need owls moreso when it’s pull-in time you have 2 hours where every other bus is basically a deadhead wasting time in service since NP doesn’t chip in like western 

I wish those 15 miniute headways were an actual reality becuase this is what normally happens at times overnight. You'll have a regular 9 either ride behind an N9 or vice versa 5 minutes apart if you miss those two then the next one will be at least 45 minutes away given nothing major happens. I would always miss the 2:15 bus by a few seconds and usually wouldn't catch the next one until 2:45 at times. Whats even more strange is the ghost buses that pull out from 74th and they go straight to the 95th recline terminal layover for about 30 minutes and start heading back north.  Some of those pull-ins start at the 95th Red line, only a few trips will end at 95th and head back to 74th while others just deadhead back. Nonetheless the demand is there though even at 2 am. So the trips aren't really a waste. The last regular 9 that I've seen pull in from 95th is usually around 3 am. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

I wish those 15 miniute headways were an actual reality becuase this is what normally happens at times overnight. You'll have a regular 9 either ride behind an N9 or vice versa 5 minutes apart if you miss those two then the next one will be at least 45 minutes away given nothing major happens. I would always miss the 2:15 bus by a few seconds and usually wouldn't catch the next one until 2:45 at times. Whats even more strange is the ghost buses that pull out from 74th and they go straight to the 95th recline terminal layover for about 30 minutes and start heading back north.  Some of those pull-ins start at the 95th Red line, only a few trips will end at 95th and head back to 74th while others just deadhead back. Nonetheless the demand is there though even at 2 am. So the trips aren't really a waste. The last regular 9 that I've seen pull in from 95th is usually around 3 am. 

I think those ghost buses you’re talking about are the first daytime Ashland buses around 3:10 and 340 ish. They start at the red line but they go to Irving instead of north and Clark. When I dealt with that it was like you said, a 9 and an N9 coming super close together then another 30 min for 2 buses within 10-15 min apart but outside of those 2 day time buses that are kicking off the day the regular 9’s ended at the normal 95th and Ashland terminal and dipped right back to 74th. There are 2 Owl buses that do pull in to 74th from the red line as you mentioned though like 6-10 min after the 2 buses you mentioned deadhead to the red line to kick off the day. I always figured they could use a 20 min headway overnight on Ashland if not western too

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

That all depends on the #600s and #8350s at thus point. I highly doubt they'll become an all New Flyer garage like North Park,management up there just wouldn't allow it at this point in time.

I want K to go back to all flyers them 7900's are just soft 7 beat tf out of them then sent them to us

14 hours ago, Sam92 said:

I think those ghost buses you’re talking about are the first daytime Ashland buses around 3:10 and 340 ish. They start at the red line but they go to Irving instead of north and Clark. When I dealt with that it was like you said, a 9 and an N9 coming super close together then another 30 min for 2 buses within 10-15 min apart but outside of those 2 day time buses that are kicking off the day the regular 9’s ended at the normal 95th and Ashland terminal and dipped right back to 74th. There are 2 Owl buses that do pull in to 74th from the red line as you mentioned though like 6-10 min after the 2 buses you mentioned deadhead to the red line to kick off the day. I always figured they could use a 20 min headway overnight on Ashland if not western too

Yup you hit it right on the head.