More Bus Moves

sw4400

In what would be a rare sighting for this route now that the 4300s are all here, 1525 is currently on the J14. It's extremely rare to spot a 40 foot bus on this route these days even with the Ryan shuttles still in effect.

There have been a few 40ft buses on the shuttles recently too (outside of the R69) but I'm thinking its because of summer festivals. I've seen a few 4300's on #146 as well as #29 becoming nearly all artic on weekends.

There have been a few 40ft buses on the shuttles recently too (outside of the R69) but I'm thinking its because of summer festivals. I've seen a few 4300's on #146 as well as #29 becoming nearly all artic on weekends.

Could be residual effect from one in this case. I don't think any type of festival event was scheduled yesterday as far as I know. They're kind of dispersed about now with Emanuel having flipped moved and cut down the dates of the Taste of Chicago which in some ways served as an anchor to how some of the others were scheduled.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone's interested, they have a Homer Simpsons/Butterfinger wrap they are putting on a Brown line train, I believe it's #3293-94. The wrap is not totally on yet (didn't stop them from putting it in service) it should be done soon. Maybe I can get a picture of it.

Tribune story on that 5 robbed a bike messenger, by trying to grab his bike, but grabbed his backpack, and were quickly apprehended. Happened on the Blue Line subway near Clinton.

In that it said:

"Two of the males in the group were wearing women's clothing...

Preliminary information indicated that at least two of the males were wearing pink wigs and mini-skirts. Their ages were not immediately available."

That certainly leaves speculation about what neighborhoods those two were from, as well as their fashion sense. I suppose it wasn't too hard for the police to find two dudes in pink wigs.

Tribune story on that 5 robbed a bike messenger, by trying to grab his bike, but grabbed his backpack, and were quickly apprehended. Happened on the Blue Line subway near Clinton.

In that it said:

"Two of the males in the group were wearing women's clothing...

Preliminary information indicated that at least two of the males were wearing pink wigs and mini-skirts. Their ages were not immediately available."

That certainly leaves speculation about what neighborhoods those two were from, as well as their fashion sense. I suppose it wasn't too hard for the police to find two dudes in pink wigs.

It should be what were they thinking wearing there outfits.Especially,getting caught and going to jail in those outfits.

It should be what were they thinking wearing there outfits.Especially,getting caught and going to jail in those outfits.

Unfortunately, they were not in the "Mug[shot]s in the News" feature.

Also, with the disputes over restrooms, whether the police lockup at 17th and State has unisex areas.

Kedzie's 1699 is on the 22 Clark right now.

Now that brings into question the sighting of 1686 on #152... Was that really a Kedzie run or a North Park run... If it was indeed a North Park run then that could either be the sign if a shortage at NP or a small trade of buses going on... With the summer ending NP might be shedding some extra artics back to Kedzie who in turn might be sending some artics south (would somewhat explain the regular use of 4300's on King Drive these recent weeks) in exchange for some #1000's.

Now that brings into question the sighting of 1686 on #152... Was that really a Kedzie run or a North Park run... If it was indeed a North Park run then that could either be the sign if a shortage at NP or a small trade of buses going on... With the summer ending NP might be shedding some extra artics back to Kedzie who in turn might be sending some artics south (would somewhat explain the regular use of 4300's on King Drive these recent weeks) in exchange for some #1000's.

But wouldn't bus swaps come at the weekend of the new pick? Plus Kedzie has shown no visible loss in 4300 series artics. It's artics from the 4300s have held steady pretty much after those that it did give up to the south side for Dan Ryan shuttle and other service out of 77th and 103rd when the shutdown went into effect.

This again throws out the idea of gut rehabs beginning on the 1000's, and if at North Park, out of numerical order.

Speaking of the rehabs on the 1000s, whenever they finally actually start, just about all of them from the 1000-1429 block are showing some need for them to start soon as the gear shift in the engines of that NFs in that particular block has been sounding sluggish or otherwise off kilter from what they were whenever those buses accelerate.