More Bus Moves

sw4400

Chicago Garage didn't keep its 1090s for long:

1091-1099 are now Forest Glen buses.

Additions and correction:

1084-1087 are now FG, as well. 1099 is still a Chicago Garage bus. And 1088 is still at 74th today.

Also, 103rd's bus 1855 is showing up on the #76 Diversey this morning. I cannot confirm whether this is a transfer from 103rd to Chicago or simply a fill-in run from 103rd.

1084-1087 are now FG, as well. 1099 is still a Chicago Garage bus. And 1088 is still at 74th today.

Also, 103rd's bus 1855 is showing up on the #76 Diversey this morning. I cannot confirm whether this is a transfer from 103rd to Chicago or simply a fill-in run from 103rd.

Here's a picture of #1085 on the #56.

post-304-0-89109700-1377607714_thumb.png

I wonder what FG gave up, if anything, now that it's picked up an additional 12 New Flyers.

I doubt FG gave up anything; they seem to have lost more than a few buses in preparation for the Red Line project and this looks like they're making up for what they lost.

Which is why I said if anything. :lol: Yes FG has lost a number of buses both in connection with the Red Line South project and the summer pick the following month. They gave up NFs to 103rd and Novas to 77th. And it does look like they're making up ground by getting those 12 NFs.

In addition to 1084-1087 and 1091-1098, FG also picked up 1083 from C.

K got back 1592 (and maybe 1593) from 103, and also picked up 1590 and 1591 from 74. 74 sent back 1539 and 1540 to 103.

Also, 1310 is now at 77, and 1326 is now at C.

And of course, 1088 is still at 74.

1266-1270, in particular.

Oh yeah I forgot that FG got those over the summer.

In addition to 1084-1087 and 1091-1098, FG also picked up 1083 from C.

K got back 1592 (and maybe 1593) from 103, and also picked up 1590 and 1591 from 74. 74 sent back 1539 and 1540 to 103.

Also, 1310 is now at 77, and 1326 is now at C.

And of course, 1088 is still at 74.

Yeah I saw 1592 and didn't make the connection that Kedzie got that back from its relatively brief stint at 103rd till you mentioned it.

I saw 908 on the 66 Chicago this morning eastbound at Dearborn.

Actually, some of the AM rush eastbound runs on that route are out of K. Thus, it is not unexpected to see 908 on one of those runs. (Though most of the K-based runs on that route use regular 1000-series NFs, with artics showing up occasionally.)

Actually, some of the AM rush eastbound runs on that route are out of K. Thus, it is not unexpected to see 908 on one of those runs. (Though most of the K-based runs on that route use regular 1000-series NFs, with artics showing up occasionally.)

If I'm not mistaken, those AM 66 K-based runs become morning 120 and 121 runs that start at McClurg/Huron. And yes dann, from my memory also 1855 was reported to have gone to C I think for the the current fall pick but I don't remember who mentioned it.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting thing happende on Green Line Run 614 this evening. This was a six car consist. I was in car 6. AT Pulaski, the doors opened, even though the doors were at the glass station house. The only platform space was the blue tactile surface. If it were not for the old original Pulask platform still being there, the people getting off at the rear most door could've been on the street had they taken two steps eastward. Lots of people could be heard shouting at the operator. One person decided to remain on the train until the "doors closing" announcement played. She then deduced that the operator had no intention of fully pulling into the station, so when the doors closed, she pulled the cherry to get out. Of course this held us up for another 2 or 3 minutes that it took for the operator to figure out that a door was still open on the train.

It brought back memories of an inbound 6 car Green Line train I rode one evening back around 2006 or 2007.. At the Cicero station, the doors opened. I was in car 6 again, but this time cars 5 and 6 weren't even in the station yet. I guess that operator thought he was operating a 4 car train. People had to press the emergency button to tell the operator he was not in the station at the back of the train. I don't recall seeing this happen on any other rail line .

It now seems that the Green Line has picked up some slow zones, notably between California and Western, which already was a restricted 35 mph zone, now is down to 15 mph.

Almost one month to go on the Red Line rehab, and there are still people who don't know the Red Line trains are running on Green Line tracks. There was a guy who wanted the Red Line train, but he was still on a WB 35th bus past State St. When he pulled the cord, the driver asked him if he wanted Federal or Wentworth. He replied the Red Line to which the driver responded the Red Line was back at State St.

Speaking of Dan Ryan tracks, tracks are laid in both directions at 35th, though there is no third rail as of yet.

... Lots of people could be heard shouting at the operator. ...

Am I getting this right that people in the rear car were yelling at the operator sticking her head out the front car, and expected to be heard?

Did anybody try the intercom button (as in the excerpt below)?

...It brought back memories of an inbound 6 car Green Line train I rode one evening back around 2006 or 2007.. At the Cicero station, the doors opened. I was in car 6 again, but this time cars 5 and 6 weren't even in the station yet. I guess that operator thought he was operating a 4 car train. People had to press the emergency button to tell the operator he was not in the station at the back of the train. I don't recall seeing this happen on any other rail line . .

That happened on a Red Line train out of Howard, but that was a while back, and on a weekend. In that case, someone walked through the train, knocked on the operator's door, and said that the last two cars were short of the platform. The operator said "I thought I had a 6."