New Eldorados?

artthouwill

I'll disagree with that statement in that usually bus assignments are set up in the morning before anybody shows up. If the newer buses are not out there it is probably because someone in charge doesn't want them out there.

Actually that proves my point. Certainly (at least at Pace), the dispatcher or whoever asssigns the buses knows the drivers. If they don't put out any new buses, the point is moot. If they do, a rookie driver certainly won't get one, at least not until they have been trained on it and have gotten some experience under their belt/.

• 3 weeks later...

Do you think it was only a 100 bus option? The cutoff would be at #6422.

The contract said base order of 9 with options to up to 416.

The current deliveries seem independent from 6323-6391. And, of course, there won't be 6413.

At one time I guessed there would be enough to replace the base order of Orion Is (up to about 6087, which would get one to about 6480), but with budget being so cryptic the last 3 years and not corresponding to anything, no way for me to know. And if you look at my observation about Pace bus shuffle, apparently they displaced 4 2700s.

• Upvote 1

The contract said base order of 9 with options to up to 416.

The current deliveries seem independent from 6323-6391. And, of course, there won't be 6413.

At one time I guessed there would be enough to replace the base order of Orion Is (up to about 6087, which would get one to about 6480), but with budget being so cryptic the last 3 years and not corresponding to anything, no way for me to know. And if you look at my observation about Pace bus shuffle, apparently they displaced 4 2700s.

Understandable. If they do extend a couple more options, I'm wondering if they are going to have some with regular seating and some with coach-like seating (#6377-91). Southwest and North DESPERATELY need some of them. They need to stop with that superstitious bs. Next, they'll banned future buses with XX66 and/or X666.....

Understandable. If they do extend a couple more options, I'm wondering if they are going to have some with regular seating and some with coach-like seating (#6377-91). Southwest and North DESPERATELY need some of them. They need to stop with that superstitious bs. Next, they'll banned future buses with XX66 and/or X666.....

The last they didn't do (2666 and 6666 exist).

I thought about, and then retracted things spinning in my head about express buses for 895. However, the only other logical place for them is when the I-90 project ramps up further.

The last they didn't do (2666 and 6666 exist).

I thought about, and then retracted things spinning in my head about express buses for 895. However, the only other logical place for them is when the I-90 project ramps up further.

Absolutely! A very valid point indeed! I was thinking about them replacing the old MCI's but that wouldn't make sense because the newer ones (6950-99 (I don't know what's going on about the second option)) should replace them.

Absolutely! A very valid point indeed! I was thinking about them replacing the old MCI's but that wouldn't make sense because the newer ones (6950-99 (I don't know what's going on about the second option)) should replace them.

They still have options for up to 50; exercised only 13 (boo).

Isn't the current batch 6400-6412,6414? This makes 14. Previous was 6392-6399 for 8, am I not correct? This makes total of 22. That is one SMALL order considering how many oldies need to go to the great scrapyard in the sky!

You confused the Axess order with my prior response regarding MCIs.

With regard to Eldordos, 6415 has shown up on WebWatch, so there is no indication that this shipment is over yet, not to mention how much of the option was exercised, which Pace has not publicly stated. All I said is that I personally saw 6414.

6414 (personal sighting) on 423.

Was this the run operated by Pace Northwest.... (as you pointed out to me in an earlier post) ?

Actually that's NW. There is a NW run northbound at the Glen Town Center at about 5:10 p.m. that used to be 2700s, but now is either the 6392s or a 6000. However, I have only seen a 6392 series bus once (southbound trip on the same run at about 6:45 p.m.) and it was too dark to pick up its number, but WebWatch said it was 6394.

In the afternoon (after school), 423 is run with 3 NW and 2 NS. The NS buses used to be 2600s, but now are pretty consistently 6600s.

Was this the run operated by Pace Northwest.... (as you pointed out to me in an earlier post) ?

I'm riding 6414 on the 208, which means it's out of NW, complete with new bus smell.

As for how high this set goes, I'm going to argue through the 6420's range, coming in slowly but surely.

Yes. As I noted, at least 60% of 423 (at that time of day) is. Usually a 6000 is on that run (about 5:40 on Patriot Dr. southbound), but not on Monday.

6414 (personal sighting) on 423.

I'm a little late on this I know. I almost created my account that night to report 6414. I'm curious as to where and when you saw it? I was on 6414 on the 5:05p departure from Linden. From Linden to somewhere after Kraft I was the only passenger. So if that's when you saw it and if you happened to look inside and saw a single passenger that was me.

I'm a little late on this I know. I almost created my account that night to report 6414. I'm curious as to where and when you saw it? I was on 6414 on the 5:05p departure from Linden. From Linden to somewhere after Kraft I was the only passenger. So if that's when you saw it and if you happened to look inside and saw a single passenger that was me.

Bus was coming at me while I was stopped at Patriot and Willow.